It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1 Million New Yorkers are moving away from NYC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
According to the guy in this video these stats are coming from FOIA requests via the USPS.

Could be right? Could be wrong? Me, I do not doubt it. If I lived in any of these cities I would get out while the getting is good. However, if I was a Bloomberg type, I would laugh gleefully as I bought up all this prime real estate at rock bottom prices..

So, is this real or not? Hard saying, but this Seattle real estate guy says it is:

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Do you blame them? High taxes, no open schools, open violence in the streets ...

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Who can blame them ?
New York, Portland, Seattle, Chicago....I'd be getting the hell out too.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
They will leave the trashfire they created behind them, but keep the politics that create it.

Where they end up will be much the same within the decade.

Same thing happens with emigres from San Fransisco and Seattle.
edit on 26112020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Hopefully the Biden voters stay.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Hopefully the Biden voters stay.

It would take a zombie apocalypse to shift them.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I hope they aren't coming to Florida. There's already more New Yorkers here than in New York

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
They will leave the trashfire they created behind them, but keep the politics that create it.

Where they end up will be much the same within the decade.

Same thing happens with emigres from San Fransisco and Seattle.

Yeah, watching it now: Seattle, Portland, SF, moving to, Boise, ID. and Reno NV.

Oh, and add poor S. Oregon to their list of places to continue to foul...mostly with idiotic laws and huge property taxes

edit on 26-11-2020 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The fear of COVID and the closure of so many offices drove many of the wealthy to their "country homes" and they decided they liked telecommuting. Companies are deciding they like not paying huge commercial rental prices when they can run the whole operation from zoom. With bars, clubs, restaurants, theatres, and entire shopping districts emptied out by quarantine, fear, and poor business, a lot of the reason for putting up with NYC is evaporating.

I never lived there and never felt comfortable in cities in general, but this is a tragedy.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Kurt Russell will be the next mayor

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
NY has a population of over 19 million people. 1 million isn't going to change much, but if that number keeps growing, they'll have to raise taxes and fees to make up the difference, just like Illinois has because of our exodus.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
NY has a population of over 19 million people. 1 million isn't going to change much, but if that number keeps growing, they'll have to raise taxes and fees to make up the difference, just like Illinois has because of our exodus.

A population reduction of 5% is a big deal. The impact will be huge.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
They are probably copying the california cancer, and attempting to infect and topple other red cities.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL
I didn't think red cities existed.

I mean I live in a red state in a city, but the city is still blue.

edit on 26-11-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

A population reduction of 5% is a big deal. The impact will be huge.

You are correct. I jumped the gun on this one. 5% reduction in most states would be a big deal. That's a hell of a lot of revenue walking out the door.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What drives me nuts about the mass exodus of these big cities is they leave because it’s become unlivable due to their extreme liberal policies that they ask for. Then they go somewhere else, bringing the same ideological perspectives with them only expecting it to work somewhere else. Rather than changing their views on the world based on what doesn’t work, they just keep trying to do the same thing over and over expecting different results.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Whodathunkit.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
The fear of COVID and the closure of so many offices drove many of the wealthy to their "country homes" and they decided they liked telecommuting. Companies are deciding they like not paying huge commercial rental prices when they can run the whole operation from zoom. With bars, clubs, restaurants, theatres, and entire shopping districts emptied out by quarantine, fear, and poor business, a lot of the reason for putting up with NYC is evaporating.

I never lived there and never felt comfortable in cities in general, but this is a tragedy.

This about sums it up.

People live in NYC for the job opportunities and the social aspects. NYC is unlike any other city in America in terms of sheer number of people and it truly is a 24 hour city. The entertainment, dining, diversity, and everything that makes city living enjoyable is why people love NYC.

The lock down pretty much has people trapped in $1 million 600 sqft studios with nothing to do and no where to go. Now all of a sudden, living in a glorified dorm room in NYC isn't so appealing.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
What drives me nuts about the mass exodus of these big cities is they leave because it’s become unlivable due to their extreme liberal policies that they ask for. Then they go somewhere else, bringing the same ideological perspectives with them only expecting it to work somewhere else. Rather than changing their views on the world based on what doesn’t work, they just keep trying to do the same thing over and over expecting different results.

There are a lot of people out there who think Communism should be given another go.

26th time’s the charm.
edit on 26112020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

NYC (5 burroughs - a la Manhattan) has about 8 million people. Most of those fleeing are in NYC, not upstate NY. That is a 12.5% population decline. The economy will crash hard.... especially real estate.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join