It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wonderings of a Marine Recruit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I once tried to learn astral projection- at least for me that doesn't work. While I was trying though I discovered something very interesting though. With a very simple sort of meditation I can usually place myself back in any location i've ever spent much time, and wander around in it, with very lucid detail. As an addition to this, things that are long forgotten to me but which are associated with those places tend to pop up.

By this technique, I've been able to recall one stanza of something i wrote back in boot camp, but which has been lost to me ever since, because I lost the paper it was written on within a few days of having written it. This is only the first stanza- originally there were 3.

In frozen hours all alone,
I gaze ahead through fog of war.
Finding only the unknown,
I question those who went before:
Heroes like John Basilone.
Were they giants, in the old Corps?
Did their eyes like fire glow,
And swallow mighty armies whole?

(if this doesn't make any sense without context- this came about while i was on firewatch one night, very early in training, thinking about how sloppy both I personally and the whole platoon seemed, and wondering if things had really been different in the old days or if we'd get there eventually.)

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
wow your story is better than mine vaga

new topics

join