It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch the moment a big black cat is caught on CCTV prowling around historic hall.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

And everything besides the cat is projecting a shadow.

actually you can see the cats shadow as it come in, and moves across the floor. it is in between the cat and you the viewer/camera.

if you look at the floor, it is all lit up all the way up to just past where the cat enters, appears to me from the light on up top of the wall behind it. no shadows for the columns between where the cat enters and the wall there,then the shadow of the columns in between the cat and camera. when the cat starts to come in you see columns shadows darken all the way across until the cat moves out of view.

easier to see if you watch in full screen, and starts coming into view at 6/7 sec mark for the video clip and on the cctv timer 12:04:39:16

edit on 26-11-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyAlterEgo
Not the UK, but Italy. In 2009 I was hiking the Cinque Terre trail and got to a point from memory between the 3rd and 4th village where the trail looked back on itself. I stopped for a moment to take in the view of where I'd come from, as I was standing there I spotted a big black cat heading up the hill toward the trail. I tried to whip out my camera to get a picture but by the time it went click, it had just entered the plants on the other side. I was quite a distance off and this cat was big, far too big to be a domestic cat.

This may be interesting, like those seen in Britain there are many big cat sightings in Europe.
pictures-of-cats.org...

The big difference is that in the UK large predators are supposed to be extinct so are these cunning creatures that have somehow not left bones behind, managing always to avoid humans though we do have legend's of fantom big black dogs from century's ago, wolves and bears having been hunted down many hundreds of years ago and native species are completely extinct in the British Isles with no land bridge to the continent since the end of the last glacial maximum until the building of the channel tunnel (and likely only rodent's have managed to make that crossing so far as it is heavily manned) but in Italy and many other parts of Europe you still have vast areas were large animals at least in theory could hide out and small breeding pockets survive.

There are regions of the Apennines that are rugged and inhospitable to humans and the alps have many regions were people just don't go, hard to reach etc making even the most dedicated shepherd think before going to them.

Still even there most big predators have been hunted down, the European lion is long extinct and is believed to have been finally hunted to extinction sometime around the first century Anno Domini, however what if there are still small pockets of subspecies of European big cats that have managed somehow to cling to life, oddly todays humans having gravitated mostly toward the town's and today's lifestyle which makes us far more indoors and modern farm mechanization means that it may be relatively easy, easier than in the past for such a predator to take advantage of the opportunity provided by people leaving areas were they were formerly working the land by hand.

Italy is no exception such a move away from the land has even left many former villages and small town's along with there surrounding agriculture all but abandoned, sometimes through economic pressure and poverty and other times due to earth quakes and tragedy's.

Still I would not approach such a beast if you see it, such a sighting should alert parents as well to keep a close eye on there children in such an area though it will probably stick to goats and sheep unless hungry.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
... which would mean the cat has just come out of one of the shops, at 12:04 am.

So, some sort of a cat burglar, possibly?

Seriously, though, I've got to agree about the camera mounting, and something about the whole look and feel of the footage doesn't sit right with me. Furthermore, the cat was heading straight out into the central courtyard, so surely it would also have been picked up on cameras focused on that area, wouldn't it?

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   

footage doesn't sit right with me.

CCTV cameras are always placed at waist height at the end of corridors, what do you mean you never saw one?

Someone at that historic hall is definitely "Toobin" to that video feed on open days.

The more technically minded with an understanding of digital CCTV systems (and transmitting HD/4K video footage) should be thinking about the supposed analogue, coaxial cable like glitch in the middle. It is a major clue to the fakery here.

Despite that I'll also throw in my hat for large black cat seen in field in Reading, Berkshire when I was a kid. So I believe in the creature, but this footage? It falls apart at so many levels when you think about it for more than the 3 seconds the cat is visible (in this large, CCTV filled historic hall, where empty corridors at crotch level are deemed important security angles ... lol yeah right)

Truth out the door for some fun cryptozooilogical click-bait, sure, no harm no foul. But if news wasn't so fake it might read "Big cat meanders around giant, empty historical hall with supposedly state of the art CCTV system and you get to see barely 3 seconds worth"

The last time a state of the art CCTV system was so utterly useless was the disappearance of Corrie McKeague!!
edit on 27-11-2020 by markymint because: spelling

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I saw it now !

Wow, that's hard to debunk now.

Good eye !

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So,,,...

It is both altered footage, and real. Don't know why this is so hard to figure out lol. You guys jump to "IT'S A GHOST CAT" theory so fast. Kind of disappointing tbh.

Someone has a fat pet cat. Call him the Panther King of England. And he got together with someone in security to have a good laugh.

There you go. Case solved. No evidence needed. Just the understanding of the clever troll and the people who believe it ghosts.

Bravo Zulu and thumps up to the troll.

Edit: And bravo zulu to those who weren't IMMEDIATELY mesmerized by the obvious prank. Gullibility like that will give our community a deservedly bad name.
Happy Panther Friday!
edit on 27-11-2020 by FingerMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I saw it now ! Wow, that's hard to debunk now. Good eye !

well i think i just have, i've come to believe it's fake.

reason being if you look at the closest sign to the camera, it says Jewella.

Jewella is on the 2nd floor, (rustic level), i've been having a difficult time determining what wing to say for certain east or west, one source shows the east rustic level is the ground floor, and one source shows shows the east wing with three floors.
but these pictures from google maps street view shows for certain that Jewella is on the 2nd floor up off the ground.

rotated to the left from above view looking down, also if you look across the court yard, you will see the wing that the 2nd floor(rustic level) is the ground floor.

scroll down to the last picture, then rotate view to left towards court yard and look down.

Jewella

now if this is the case, there is no way that the cat walked off the walkway unless he jumped over the hand rail, or there are stairs there. it's plain to see he just walked out, and didn't jump.
if you do a image search, or goggle maps street view for piece hall, you will see that there are no stairs any where from the court yard to the 2nd or 3rd levels at any gates. only way he could have walked out into the court yard is if Jewella moved to a the wing that the 2nd floor (rustic level) is actully the ground level.

here are the sources that made it difficult for me to tell if Jewella is in the west or east wing.

first a google map that shows where Jewella is located,

there is no legend on the map, so if google does like most if not all maps i've ever seen north is at the top of the page, and the wing that Jewella is in is east here.

here are some architectural drawings, they are copyrighted and the guy says he serious about it. so here is the link for a serch page.

Piece Hall Drawings

you can see that it shows the east wing as 2 floors and the west as 3.

so plain to see my confusion. but as i said i'm convinced it faked now.

side note, although faked it's a pretty damn good one, they placed the cat just about where the gates should be and included the shadow. you can see that from thew OP screen shot link and on the Jewella street view.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Sorry but this looks fake to me. The cheap glitchy Camera cuts, The time is a time code and not the actual date, time and camera number a real security camera would have. People are bored and stuck inside and hoaxing is starting become a hobby again for people.
It's kind of annoying to me as I've seen a real live large black cat in the South in the 1970's. My dad and me were driving down a back country road in the middle of the day. We came around a corner and there was a large cat standing in the middle of the road. We came to a complete stop. I remember the cat being big enough to cover one lane of a two lane road. It just casually looked at us and took off running into the woods. We were driving a Volkswagen beetle and it looked large enough to take that car apart. And yes it was much, much bigger than your average house cat. Even Maine Coons don't get that big.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Good stuff and well worked through.

As I mentioned earlier, the Piece Hall is a few miles away from me - I intend to visit tomorrow and tale some pics to show everyone just how fake this is.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I was going to post similar details today but you've already beat me to it, a good investigation and you deserve more than a star for your post.
I totally agree that this is manipulated footage.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

thanks, i started out trying to prove it's real. where i live in panhandle of Florida we have panthers, but FWC ( Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission) say it's unlikely and some say flat out we don't.

i know that we do cause, i ran over one with my car and busted the grill all to pieces. called FWC and they wouldn't come out and look. told me that panthers in FL territory is in south Florifa not NW Florida and they are endangered and all but extinct. they also told me inbreeding with those that are left is to causing problems and adding their endangerment. this was back in 1993/94, in 95 they brought in some from Texas for south fl and the population has increased some down in the everglades and other areas.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

like i said i wanted it to be true, and was out to show it. it took me until my last post before this to decided to post it.
i wanted to know for certain about the east and west wing floors.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   
None native Wild cat sightings seem to be all over the UK, from the Scottish highlands, right down to Cornwall. I think I saw one in 2014, in the Scottish highlands, when I was doing the route 500 roadtrip. It was just strolling along a cow field in the middle of the day. It wasn't as big as a puma, and at the time I put it down to the Scottish wildcat, cause I didn't know anything about Scottish wildcats other than they are bigger than pet cats. But the one I saw was jet black.

I saw something far stranger though and also in Scotland, and I thought I hallucinated. I just got myself a new pair of binoculars, and I was trying them out on different things. I saw a horse in a field about half a mile away, then running through the field was a massive dog. It must have been twice as big as the horse and it ran the strangest way, like it was some sort of holographic projection. Just bizzarre.

Of cause, there lots of history in Scotland, when it comes to strange creatures.
edit on 2 12 2020 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join