It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you thought you were done wrong, would you fight it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This is a simple question. If you felt like you were screwed out of something, would you just accept that someone got the better of you? Accept that you weren't quick enough to stop it from happening? Or would you fight to correct the wrong? Would you go after those who screwed you with a vengeance?

I'll be interested to hear the replies but mostly from certain folks. For perspective and all.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Just as soon as I sip a little coffee...a cholinergic you know (one of many).

I think this is a full time job at this point,
even when asleep. But you must love God
more than you hate oppressors of your spirit.
As such, your enemies
become God’s enemies.

# 1263
edit on 26-11-2020 by TheWhiteKnight because: It becomes quite automatic. You drift into sleep, burdened by injustice, and the spirit man inside you rises, suddenly lunges right out of you and then, briefly, you see the object of oppression. But...why is it holding aa turkey leg? This is the sole place at which they shall meet.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Depends on the severity of the slight.

But I have never been one to take kindly to being wronged.

I have and would fight!

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
This is a simple question. If you felt like you were screwed out of something, would you just accept that someone got the better of you? Accept that you weren't quick enough to stop it from happening? Or would you fight to correct the wrong? Would you go after those who screwed you with a vengeance?

I'll be interested to hear the replies but mostly from certain folks. For perspective and all.

I rarely forgive, never forget, and usually get even. When I do get even I revel in looking the opponent in the eye.
edit on 26-11-2020 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This question is too abstract to answer. What is an example of being "done wrong?" What is an example of "fighting to correct the wrong?"

I mean, when a little old lady cuts ahead of me at the grocery store line I'm not exactly going to go all Dirty Harry on her.

Whatever your answers I encourage everyone to think, act, and advocate within the limits of the law. A law-abiding internet poster is a happy internet poster.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I guess it really depends on how much it would or did effect my life.
I'm not really a vengeful person as it takes alot to piss me off.
But if I did feel like I got super duper screwed, yes I will fight using any front I have at my disposal. First use words and compromises, if that doesn't work fisty cuffs. And if that doesn't work well, I certainly hope no situation anywhere in the world would come to the next and last option.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Depends. So far I have never had to "get back" at anyone. I've let Miss Karma do the work for me and it has been pretty darned glorious to see those results.

If someone were to harm my family? Yep. Other than that, karma is a far more effective solution for me.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

lets say you are applying for a job. One that you are very qualified for, one that you actually did for several years unofficially, and now have the chance to get the official title. But the sniveling little bitch who sucks up to the HR lady is also trying to get this job. he isn't qualified, and his only redeeming quality is that he is the grandson of the original owner.

He lied about something you said, and gained the favor of the HR lady, and now he is in the position you should have had, the one you built up to what it is now. Are you angry? Should you fight to get the truth known? Of should you just walk away and find another job?
edit on 26-11-2020 by network dude because: tea is the secret to life.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
This question is too abstract to answer. What is an example of being "done wrong?" What is an example of "fighting to correct the wrong?"

I mean, when a little old lady cuts ahead of me at the grocery store line I'm not exactly going to go all Dirty Harry on her.

Whatever your answers I encourage everyone to think, act, and advocate within the limits of the law. A law-abiding internet poster is a happy internet poster.

Yeah, little things like that are best left to Miss Karma. Nothing anyone does (that's not a felony) to me is worth going to jail over.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

In that scenario I'd say walk away, if nepotism is the de rigueur than you need to find a company that values your talents.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I don't know. I see it a little differently. I see it not as being screwed but a violation of basic rights and liberties. In that light, then I would argue many Americans would simply role over.

The Patriot Act, NDAA, Big Tech censoring while being artificially protected from litigation, the Federal Reserve Act, rioting and destruction being championed, a litany of 1000 cuts against the 2A, and now demonstrable voting violations being ignored.

I would offer this is most likely the way it is. Freedoms aren't free. They need to be fought for and defended always. This is simply our time. Will we be successful? IDK. I am open to suggestions.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

If you thought you were done wrong, would you fight it?

don't get mad, get even.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

a reply to: Never Despise

lets say you are applying for a job. One that you are very qualified for, one that you actually did for several years unofficially, and now have the chance to get the official title. But the sniveling little bitch who sucks up to the HR lady is also trying to get this job. he isn't qualified, and his only redeeming quality is that he is the grandson of the original owner.

He lied about something you said, and gained the favor of the HR lady, and now he is in the position you should have had, the one you built up to what it is now. Are you angry? Should you fight to get the truth known? Of should you just walk away and find another job?

First, make it clear that you didn't do what he said you did, then walk away. You don't want a rumor/lie in the head of an HR person that could tell others what they heard about you. My dad told me when I was young to never burn bridges because it might come back on you one day. When he was young he made a comment about someone who ended up being the boss in a company he wanted to work for. Needless to say he didn't get that job.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

so you would abandon the company and walk away with your name and reputation destroyed over a lie?
Really?

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

If you are going to play the game.

There are always going to be winners and losers.

The ticket is to able to accomplish both gracefully and with a modicum of decorum.
edit on 26-11-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

so you would abandon the company and walk away with your name and reputation destroyed over a lie?
Really?

My reputation? How is my reputation destroyed? It's nepotism. It's not like what they say internally follows you to your next job.

edit on 26-11-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Sounds like in that situation you have nothing to lose by going over her head and making your case to the next level. Politely.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

A man not always see his wrongs. My vengeance is left in God's hands. Never fails.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I would kick them square in the balls...

Tape on balls if they feeling liquid.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I'm more likely to let it go if it's just me that's been affected(depending).

If it's my Family that has been hurt....then it's on...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join