It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Pre-Election Outrage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Thinking of opening a bad-taste book (betting) on the chances of this happening between now and May.

It's the accepted method of choice to scare electorates into voting for 'tough action' so what are the odds on the following:

1. Plot discovered and another 10+ terrorists carted off to Belmarsh

2. Bomb discovered and defused 'just in time'

3. Bomb explodes but 12 hours too early / late resulting in empty office block conveniently flattened

4. Sniper fires at XXXXXX but strangely misses

5. Small dirty bomb, big scare, loads of decontamination but turns out little actual risk

6. Anthrax scare - turns out to be icing sugar after 3 days of media frenzy

7. Actual bomb detonation but with few casualties

8. Large Madrid-style bombing

9. Any combination of the above

10 - feel free to enter a candidate

11. Me being arrested for even asking the question

Smart money's on No 3, No 1 is such low-odds probably not worth a punt. Good prices on the outsiders but shortening day by day.

Or am I just too cynical?

[edit on 18-3-2005 by CTID56092]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I don't think we'll see anything. More likely.....the 'news' channels will go into a frenzy reporting what the Government have just told them to say.

"We are getting reports from the Government that they have just managed to stop a terrorist attack. Details are sketchy, but it seems that Special Forces have intercepted a dirty bomb heading straight for number 10.

We take you now, live, to number ten and a press conference with Tony Blair".

Queue the ubiquitous sound bites and the tough on terror rhetoric. And then watch as, before your very eyes, in a feat of prestidigitation not matched since whatshisname made the Statue of Liberty vanish, the complete removal of your civil rights.

It sucks on toast!

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Keeping this near the top as I don't want to die

join