It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broward County Test Result Shenanigans

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
We found out this week that my wife’s friend tested positive for covid. Since they hung out last weekend and we’re visiting family tomorrow, she decided to get a rapid test. She went to a rapid testing site, waited in line for 3 hours and since she’s in education.

I’m going to condense the next 3 hours of craziness-

She first got a call saying she was positive. Then a call saying she was negative.

The 2nd call specified that she had the rapid test results. The first call did not. My wife asked her how she should know if she’s positive or negative. The woman said “If you got a call that you were positive because they’re making those calls first.”, wife asked her to double check both results and the woman said did not have access to those results. The anti-gen test was negative, supposedly she got a call for the PCR test first.

My wife asked for a hard copy (email) of the results, the woman told her “We do not give hard copies for positive results.” WTF?!

But that’s not the crazy sh*t.

An hour goes by and my wife is not satisfied with the results/behavior of the phone calls. She called the Broward Health Dept, who performed the tests. After a few moments, a talk with a supervisor, this is what she was told by a rep-

“You’re negative in our system, that was for your anti-gen test. Your PCR results are still not in yet and won’t be until probably Tuesday because of Thanksgiving. We think you got the first call from our contact tracer and he was just telling you that you were positive so you would stay home because you had been in contact with someone who was positive in the last week. We’re sorry for the confusion and you’ll have your PCR tests early next week.”

I’m overhearing this from 3’ away and watching my wife’s eyes bulge out of her head. She told the woman, “No, this guy told me flat out “I’m calling with your test results, you’re positive.”, so I want you to clarify what you just told me. That does not make sense to me.” The woman basically repeated herself with a couple different words.

Dude.....are you f*cking serious?! Telling people they’re positive without even looking at results?!?!?!

I haven’t doubted there were some shenanigans going on with this sh*t, but none of us really know the actual extent, just some hypothesis and surely out there some of those are correct. I don’t know what aspect works in the benefit of those who want to inflate this, unless this same dipsh*t is the one sending in the numbers.

We were planning on seeing our friends and family tomorrow, but there’s enough medical issues between the two different groups that we’re not going to bother over the confusion. We’re both certainly not nervous over getting/having it ourselves, but my father checks every box of someone who would die of covid; type II diabetics, overweight, has had multiple surgeries on his chest/lungs, cancer survivor, terrible diet, etc.

Sure, maybe someone just f*cked up and we’re blowing it out of proportion, but if that’s their standard operating procedure they need to be kicked in the f*ckin’ ass.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The motto for the times we live in:

S.N.A.F.U.

I have said this many, many times: They intentionally give conflicting information and cause confusion. When people are confused, they are destabilized. When they are destabilized, this induces a sense of insecurity and fear. The affected are looking for something - anything - to lend stability. This makes people suggestible, pliable, controllable.

As a matter of fact, it's worked on you, OP. You decided to stay home based on unclear, doubtful and intentionally confusing "test" results. See, they did it to you. They got you one step closer to acquiescence. This time, the uncertainty made you stay home from a family gathering. Next time, what will it be? An opportunity to work and earn money to care for your family? An opportunity to get some recreation? A political rally? A demonstration against the oppressive, draconian rules that the gov't is throwing at its subjects?

Yep, they got you! It worked! Just keep the straight and narrow and be sure to keep doing what they "suggest" (wink wink nudge nudge).
:
edit on 2020 11 25 by incoserv because: they told me I couldn't.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm not getting tested unless I start to significantly feel like something isn't right.

People are lining up to be tested like they line up to get flu shots. You can faintly hear the mooing like corralled cattle in a chute if you listen closely.

Too much fkery going around for me to willfully submit my body to be experimented upon.

I'll pass.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow
Somethings got them spooked.

And it isn't the cow tippers.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk
Can confirm, am a cow tipper. Just tipped 4 last night!

I have heard of similar things up here, but have never went first hand. The last place you would want to be if you don't wanna catch something is at a clinic lol.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
The anti-gen test was negative, supposedly she got a call for the PCR test first.

Don't take the PCR test, those are the ones that are extremely, extraordinarily unreliable.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
I'm not getting tested unless I start to significantly feel like something isn't right.

I'm not getting tested for COVID, ever. EVER. Not unless they hold me down and force the test on me, after whicl I'll be arrested for assault and battery because I will fight, physically, with everything I have.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

I used to live in Broward.

I am not surprised.

The other counties are not that much better.

They have to have the people freaked out so they will beg for that rushed to distribution, questionable concocted combination they call a vaccine. It is purely about the money.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Um. Wow.

Just. Wow.

Sorry for her experience. Thank you for sharing

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Broward County Health Department, which operates under the Florida DOH, has been screwed for years. Florida pays garbage wages so in a metro area like Broward it's hardly enough to get by. As a result you end up with people that are not really interested in excelling or people working their first real job.

5 or so years back their septic program supervisor was busted by the FBI for pocketing the money from "expediting" permits. I don't know what kind of jam he got himself into that $500 bucks was worth risking federal prison. That's the last news I heard out of Broward County and I doubt it improved since.

Their 2009 H1N1 response was a disaster too. Inadequate storage for refrigerated vaccines and giving vaccines to doctors that were lacking proper equipment for storage. I have no doubt that well over half of the vaccines were stored outside their temp range at some point before getting to people. After seeing how a large and well-funded health department handles emergency vaccine distribution I strongly suspect the COVID low temperature requirements will be violated more than once between manufacturer and patient in many jurisdictions.
edit on 11/25/20 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Really makes you wonder how they are measuring "daily cases"

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Antigen would indicate the presence of appreciable amounts of viral capsule surface proteins. A positive test would mean you have a decent amount of actual, detectable virus in your system. So negative result there is good. It means you either don't have a lot to the point where you system is actively working against it or you don't have any to speak of.

The PCR test could still come up positive though if you were in contact with a sick person. All it does is detect fragments of viral RNA. Those can exist in your system without the antigens. You could have picked those up from your contact exposure and just not shed them completely from your system. The PCR test is cranked up so sensitive that it could amplify those traces and return positive even though you are not and never would be ill nor could you make someone else ill.

This is from husband's explanation as a microbiologist. He is not an MD, just someone who works with buggers for a living and has to do testing.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Moral of the story?

Don't get the damn test at all unless you're sick as # already. It & the people giving it are not trustworthy, your account underscores as much! And the twisted thing is you're in a loaded boat, many people have had this exact chain of test results events. It does nothing to foster any faith in the dire claims, eh?

I feel real bad for you guys, that's a whole lot of BS & ineptitude at work.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I have heard about some people who tested positive that were not positive here, the real call came about three days later saying it was ok to go out because they tested negative. I kind of think this is going on everywhere, it makes me sick that those testing are using deceit to get people to stay home.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

All of these people need to be fired.

I’ll toss my story in- our friend’s husband has been living in a care facility for years, for dementia; 3 months ago he died. His wife finally received his death certificate early this month. Her husband died of a heart attack. Yeah, you know what I’m going to say. His death certificate listed Covid-19 as his cause of death. Not as a contributing factor, no, as THE and only cause of death.

He wasn’t even ever tested for it.

She had to make a SIGNIFICANT ruckus, going up the chain of ineptitude of county officials, to get them to begrudgingly issue a new death certificate, with the actual cause of death.

I’m going to keep saying it: you Covid-19 lovers, when whatever line it is they finally cross that is too much for even you, you have no one to blame but yourselves.

Your love of being told and commanded what to think, what to do, how to behave, your love of being afraid and whipped up, your willingness to surrender your own agency, your own responsibility to #cking use your brains, THAT is what will cause them to keep escalating their overreach. It is your fault. Start letting yourself think critically, before it’s too late. I have had it with your disgusting laziness, and I’m calling it like it is now.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

You’re right, friend. They did get him. Hopefully your post will make him realize it.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Ah yes, I forgot there are essentially 3 ways that people are dealing with the virus-

1- Live in complete fear of everyone around you and stay inside

2- Don’t let it run your life, but be cautious and if you have health issues or know people with health issues, just stay away if there’s a possible risk of infection until the threat is over. Virus is here to stay so ya might as well get used to it, just be responsible about it

3- Don’t give a sh*t about it at all, it’s entirely pointless (or a hoax) to be concerned about and people are gonna die any way

Well, I fall under #2. Unfortunately, I’ve got people with health issues all around me, at work and in my personal life. While I certainly believe the numbers are highly inflated, that doesn’t negate the fact that people who are already in sh*t health are much more susceptible to having more covid-related issues, or worse. So I’m going to take whatever cautions I have to to ensure I don’t kill anyone I care about. The same way I don’t go to work when I have the flu. The same way I always wrapped it up when sleeping with someone I barely knew. The same way I don’t drive like a dumbass on the road.

Are we both pissed about it? For sure. Is it going to ruin our lives to skip this one day? Highly unlikely. I know I’d be a lot more bummed out if one of our friends got sick over us not knowing for sure if we had it or not because we decided to say “f*ck it, who cares?”.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Whether or not it's going to ruin your or anyone else's life is NOT the point, Dru. The point is your experience should have been your wake-up call to re-evaluate just how much trust and faith, & WHY, you're putting into others dictating even something as simple as a #ed up series of test result phone calls.

Try looking at it objectively, deliberately from the outside in. What do you see observing yourself and people in that exchange? Not just the obvious, look at the bigger picture AND the fine details.
edit on 11/26/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

join