It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Thanksgiving, Let's Not

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Grandpa seems on point. Dogs are amazing. Im getting the supermarket free picnic ham this year off points and making carnitas next week.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

For all that he seemed like a stern, humorless stick, he was the one who'd conspire with my youngest cousin to steal all the Easter eggs and hide them. He had plenty of humor and personality, it was just very well hidden under his demeanor most of the time.

He was also a super tough ol' bird. He finally admitted he might need to see a doctor *after* his appendix had ruptured. That incident landed him in the hospital for a good long time and nearly did him in years before his time.

edit on 25-11-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Well, since my family is more or less afraid to get together, it will just be the three of us here.

You have a good time and a great meal. Best to you and yours.

Thanks, you as well!

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

That seems to be like the best type of grandparent. A little stern but with a big heart inside. I didn’t grow up with or know any of my extended family. It was just my brother, my mom and my stepdad.

It has taken me a long time to become human and understand family dynamics I never knew growing up. I spent a lot of time alone when I was a boy. Way too much actually lol

I’m 43 now and I think I am the most amazing person to be in a relationship with because I work as a chef and cook at home a lot and I have no family. Where’s that girl for me??? Hahahahahaha.

Happy thanksgiving y’all.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I got incredibly lucky with my family. I know that. Just typing up these things about my grandparents has me misty eyed. They've been gone for years now, and I loved them that much, miss them still that much. Mine is a close family, and not being able to be with them this year hurts ... a lot.

Anyhow, you have a great meal. I've always wanted to try rabbit. Someday, I will. There's a little butcher shop that sources it locally and gets it in from time to time. They've never had it when my husband has been in the experimental mood to get all crazy and go for it.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Please, eat the rabbit. If I remember right don’t you live in nova? I used to live there which why I may or may not have gotten that right. There is a butcher in mclean that will have one for certain.

Im not alone alone for thanksgiving I am with my girlfriend. But this gf is just is a mean spirited one hahaha. Not great for the holidays. Ahhh life

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Dp
edit on 25-11-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Nah, KC, but there is a butcher shop down at the River Market that gets rabbit in. You just have to catch it right because they don't always have it. Last time we were down there, they did have it, and I got a piece of rabbit pate. I will confess I like the bacon pate better, but the rabbit one was good too.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Oh yeah that’s right.... my memory sucks.

Cant go wrong with that classic combination. Pork barded with more pork and that beautiful fat it creates. Pâté de Campagne.

The rabbit pate will be lighter less punchy. Using rabbit livers and some pork belly can get it very nice, smooth, delicate, creamy. But it has less fat to begin with so it can become dry or tasteless if prepared improperly.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Oh it had plenty of flavor and wasn't dry at all. These guys know what they're doing. I just preferred the flavor of the bacon. I confess to being a saltoholic and the bacon pate had a saltier edge to it which is likely where the preference came from.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Guess they need more practice on that rabbit paté

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Every time I see something like this I am more convinced that not having children was the right choice for my wife and I. My wife doesn't discuss politics at all, and I will only if asked directly about it, however when we have my father over for dinner tomorrow he knows that discussing it with me over the phone is fine but not over the dinner table.
edit on 11/25/20 by Hypntick because: Typo

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I guess I'm of a different mind kind of. Why suppress it? Why not let everyone see what these liberal indoctrinations have done to their children, and let them decide if this is what they want to pay for. If these kids want to be proud of being complete jackasses and alienate their own families...then LET THEM! Bring it! All the way!

Let their families understand the true evil which is brewing just beneath the surface in their children. At least then they'll know that something needs to be done whereas otherwise they would not. At least they still have some hope of pointing these misinformed insolent little jerks on the right path. The old saying about 'not being able to teach an old dog new tricks' comes to mind. And yes, it's true, but you can dang sure teach a young dog some new tricks with a swift and hard swat across the backside with the checkbook! If they want to be so independent, then let them be, but at the same time making sure they understand the consequences.

edit on 11/25/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join