It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The non turkey thanksgiving thread turkey haters only

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
How rare? Like 125 rare? What temp are you pulling it at?

I do reverse sear prime rib, pull at 115, let it rest for 30 minutes as I crank the oven to 550 and then back in for 15 to crisp the fat cap.

Do you age yours? My uncle cooks one every Xmas, and *used* to age it in the fridge for 2-3 weeks before a slow 2+ hour roast, but no longer ages it. It was amazing, though. I actually prefer it cold a few days after cooking.

Like a rack of lamb, which I do every Xmas, it isn't done right if not done medium rare at most. And which also tastes awesome cold the next day or two, to me.

edit on 25-11-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm starting to think bags of blood arent always the best meal.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I love both haggis and blood sausage. I am certain I could eat a bowl of blood soup. Bring it on.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

The provider I use does 28-45 day but I always do an extra few days of dry salt brine myself.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
We age all of our carcasses 21 days minimum on the hook, before processing and going to the customer.

We will agree not to age them, but only on customer request, and it's not recommended.

And we have a two year waiting list right now.
edit on 11/25/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Nice, is that spätzle?

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah. It’s crazy yellow from the egg yolks.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Decades ago the manageress of my local cooperative shop sold me the entire contents of a big chest freezer full of unsold turkeys 30+ easy in mid January , she wanted rid of them that bad i got them for 50 pence or 60 cents each and fed them to my dog .

By march he was staring at his feeding bowl and thinking not this again

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Did you get to keep the chest freezer? Too much turkey man. Turkey stock is not the best stock. It’s a garbage bird. Hahaha

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

No i had a Hugh one at home myself back then for all the turkeys but boy did that poor dog look pissed off when i put another bowl of turkey down for him .

Another time a friend of mine did all the marking down of food at night in the supermarket and i used to get cooked chickens for 20 pence and this dog always came to work with me [ well he was a working collie
guys were pissed off that my dog was getting better fed than them come dinner time
edit on 27/11/2020 by stonerwilliam because: spellllingzzz

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join