It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Suspends OANN ... Demonetizes Channel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
It's absolutely unreal how these viewer content provided sites are blatantly blocking political view points they disagree with.

Is youtube a news source? or is it for users to provide content?

It's both.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I always get a kick watching right wingers bemoan the lack of private companies being regulated.

Ok, when does a private company get too big? Are some too big now? We have moved into new territory in that a couple of main stream social medias have tremendous power and control that effects what is happening. Is it time to break up Ma Bell?

Do you know that YouTube has shut down Flat Earthers...lol I think that bothers me more as it truly shows that they will decide what everyone will see as per what they "feel" you should see.

Scary to me, how about you?

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: underwerks
I always get a kick watching right wingers bemoan the lack of private companies being regulated.

Even when they BLATANTLY break section 230 again and again. Youtube was not liable for the video UNLESS they are a PUBLISHER. This was personal bias from Googles owner,and youtube.

I'm sure it's more about appeasing advertisers, than ass covering.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Edit: 2nd post
edit on 26-11-2020 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Anyone know what their "cure" is? Did they include any clinical medical studies to back up their claims? Did they literally claim it would "cure" Covid or that it would alleviate symptoms/complications?

I'm all about educating the people and empowering individuals to take care of themselves, including and especially natural and alternative remedies. No one's life and limb should be restricted to what someone else "approves" of... we do have a natural inalienable right to provide our own healthcare from the bounty of the earth as we see fit.

But if they're just spouting nonsense and pushing a questionable product that puts life and limb at risk, that's a different matter, and should be denied a platform.

So what is their "cure"? And what clinical studies are there to confirm or deny their claims?

The video is unlisted now, but it's still up. I found it and the corresponding article in google cache.

The cure is hydrocloroquine, touted by a urgent care doc named Dr.Brian Tyson

Dr.Tyson's twitter
mobile.twitter.com...

I can't post the google cache link for some reason but this is the source:

www.oann.com...
edit on 26-11-2020 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay Electronica

Thank you! And good job hunting it down!!!

So we're basically talking about hydroxychloroquine again. I know there's a difference, but I'm not sure exactly what the difference is. Both are anti-malarials. I believe both are also used to treat lupus.

So we're not even talking about an unknown or untested substance.

Apparently YouTube doesn't approve of our right to try experimental medications to protect our health.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Full Title: YouTube Suspends Pro-Trump News Network OANN, Completely Demonetizes Channel Over Unlisted Video

YouTube has suspended the One America News Network from posting new content for one week and has completely demonetized the channel, after the pro-Trump news network reportedly uploaded a video touting a non-approved 'cure' for COVID-19.

According to Axios, "YouTube has been criticized for allowing OANN to spread misinformation using its platform, particularly around coronavirus and the election," adding "This marks the Google-owned service's first crackdown against OANN."

According to the Epoch Times, citing OANN President Charles Herring, "YouTube took the extreme action of censoring a national cable news network for a video t

YouTube Suspends OANN ... Demonetizes Channel

One side -vs- the other.

I hope I never hear any media declare censorship an offense again in my lifetime.

Looks to me like the ones who need protection from censorship the most ... are the greatest perpetrators of censorship these days.

YouTube is a privately owned platform. They are free to govern the content on that platform however they choose and access to that platform and its audience is not a guaranteed right. OANN is free to start their own web site or medium and share their content that way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join