It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannon fodder post-Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Cannon fodder. An informal, derogatory term used to label those combatants of war regarded as expendable in the face of enemy fire. The term is generally used in situations where combatants are forced to deliberately fight against hopeless odds (with the foreknowledge that they will suffer extremely high casualties) in an effort to achieve a strategic goal.

So what does this have to do with politics? Well, the concept of cannon fodder can very much be applied to partisan debate and the last few years under the Trump Administration was a good demonstration of this.

The lesser of two evils

We only have to look to the Obama administration to see the term 'lesser of two evils' pop up. Evil is still evil, right? And on a daily basis ATS was filled with posts decrying the many injustices carried out by the Obama Administration. They were 'no different'. They were the continuation of the 'same'. There was no 'change'. How could there be when under that administration we saw:

Increased drone strikes
Civilian casualties
The continuation of the Patriot Act
Government spying
The TSA
2012 Benghazi attacks
Government whistleblowers (Assange and Snowden)
Government spending, government debt
Big business bail-outs
Obama Golf trips

You name it. We heard it all. But all these 'concerns' became necessary evils under the Trump Administration. It didn't matter that he continued, or even to some extent expanded the above unacceptables. Trump was doing Gods work, these were minor evils for some odd reason.

Record deficit spending
Record single term debt increase ($6 trillion)
Bail-out of failed Coal businesses
Breaking the executive budgets for personal vacations
unprecidented spying powers
Guantanamo Bay and indefinate detention without trial
pursual of charges against Snowden and Assange
The Helsinki Summit
Threatening the free press
Lobbyists
Expanded drone strikes
Foreign strikes, civilian casualties

Just the tip.

Now behold folks, all of a sudden deficit spending will matter again (Tea Party 2.0). Foreign strikes impeachable! Dictators will be out of fashion again! Any Golf visits, insensitive! No longer cannon fodder. This isn't the administration for this. No. Am I wrong to assume this? I've been here for coming up 12 years. The same pattern will continue.

No more cannon fodder. That's only reserved for the Rs.

edit on 24-11-2020 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Deficit spending is not a huge deal because the rest of the world is doing it as well. The Federal Reserve simply keys in more money into existence, thus inflating the money supply. It is not like we are "borrowing" from them since they make it out of thin air and type numbers into accounts.

Deficit is simply devaluing the currency which would be a huge deal if everyone else was not doing it as well.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see major budget cuts in Government spending, especially bloated and redundant Government agencies but the deficit spending genie is out of the bottle and cannot be corrected without massive consequences.

In all seriousness though, Trump is the first President in decades that has tried to drawback troops from the middle east. I give him a thumbs up for that. I think if Clinton would have been in office, we would have deployed massive resources to Syria and expanded military campaigns in the middle east. I do seriously expect Biden to reverse course on that and see more war again as in "back to the status quo".
edit on 24-11-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Garbage

So you've been here for 12 years and have not learned anything about how our government works.

Noted.

As for the rest of your OP (Obviously Partisan) I'm SO looking forward to the next 4 years.

The posts that are going to say "Trump CRASHED THE ECONOMY when Biden let the tax cuts expire!!!"

Trump DESTROYED America with the New Green Deal!!!

TRUMP is the reason we are suddenly in 14 more war zones!!!

Cannon fodder indeed...

But STILL it will be Trump TRUMP Trump Trump....

While you and people like you will still be carrying water for the party that has done nothing for America for decades but drag it down.

Your bills will go up, your check will stay the same, you will begin to understand what the Misery Index actually means.

And I will laugh and laugh and laugh...

Because This is what America voted for.

Even the dead Americans!

edit on 24-11-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I dunno, does Biden play golf? Does he remember how?

My guess is we wont see or hear much at all from him as his mental capacity deteriorates. They'll give him that shot in the chest that makes the nearly dead sit up and make a huge gasp to put him on for press conferences and that'll be about it.

Yay we elected a dementia riddled geriatric puppet!

I guess we'll have to wait for our true president Kamilla to take the reigns to get our cannon fodder.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

For someone who claims to have not been an Obama guy, you sure do press your lips to the man's buttocks a lot... just sayin'. The only south you're guarding is the southern half of the jackass that left office in 2016.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

He does, and it's a much faster game. He plays the first hole 18 times and feels like each time is a brand new experience.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

He does, and it's a much faster game. He plays the first hole 18 times and feels like each time is a brand new experience.

I have to admit that I may have accidentally sorta blew a little wine out of my nose when I read that.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It makes for a simple existence, he can read the same books over and over, watch the same movie 10 times.

Meets his wife for the first time every morning, and after his coffee and oatmeal finds out he is president of the United States all over again!

Its great!

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Here is the thing about the Fed...let’s say all the Federal Reserve Notes came out to exactly $100. Cash in circulation is really about $2 Trillion but no one knows for sure. But to deal with easy numbers let’s just say $100. You have your $100 and you owe interest on it for borrowing it and placing it into circulation. Let’s say $5 interest. How are you going to pay me $105 when there is only $100 in all of existence? I mean, I can spot you another $20 but I’m gonna need $5 interest on that since you can’t pay in a timely fashion.

So you now owe $130 and only $120 exists. Kinda like the Pay Day Loan scams or Title Loans scams or well traditional loan scams because you either understand compound interest or you pay it.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If smell is the strongest attributable sense to memory......

I think I've just solved the mystery Scooby-Doo!!!!

Hes not creepy, he's just trying to remember!

...by being creepy.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Now behold folks, all of a sudden deficit spending will matter again

When all the assets are seized of those involved in election fraud it will help balance the books.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Here is the thing about the Fed...let’s say all the Federal Reserve Notes came out to exactly $100. Cash in circulation is really about $2 Trillion but no one knows for sure. But to deal with easy numbers let’s just say $100. You have your $100 and you owe interest on it for borrowing it and placing it into circulation. Let’s say $5 interest. How are you going to pay me $105 when there is only $100 in all of existence? I mean, I can spot you another $20 but I’m gonna need $5 interest on that since you can’t pay in a timely fashion.

So you now owe $130 and only $120 exists. Kinda like the Pay Day Loan scams or Title Loans scams or well traditional loan scams because you either understand compound interest or you pay it.

The year when a bought and paid for President allowed a bill to pass that was intended to transfer all real wealth from American citizens to the owners of the new Federal Reserve.

Over 100 years later and not a lot of American citizens understand that.

But yet they are paying for it.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Interest on what?

Besides some foreign investment in bonds, most of the debt is simply Federal Reserve Inflation. How do you own interest on something they don't have to loan?

We owe them nothing. They simply inflate the currency by magically typing numbers into an account.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

If Trump wins these SCOTUS cases and is still the POTUS, will Biden pay back the $6.3 million he has demanded from the GSA for the transition team?

I think some clubs and kneecaps...just to send a little message about timely payments might be in order...not saying, just saying.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

The Supreme Court will NOT declare Trump the winner and give him 4 more years.

Anyone who believes that will happen is living in a fantasy.
edit on 24-11-2020 by jrod because: H

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

If Trump wins these SCOTUS cases and is still the POTUS, will Biden pay back the $6.3 million he has demanded from the GSA for the transition team?

I think some clubs and kneecaps...just to send a little message about timely payments might be in order...not saying, just saying.

Or a horse head on the bed.

Which in my mind would look a lot like John Kerry.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

The Supreme Court will NOT declare Trump the winner and give him 4 more years. Anyone who believes that will happen is living in a fantasy.

What the courts will do is expose the fraud and corruption going on, who done what and how much. All the Fake News Media can do about it is take a good look in the mirror or keep on pumping out their rubbish. Looks like congress has a few options and lots of discussions about what to do about it all.

What will get Trump another 4 years is all the people and support at his rallies and working in the background to take this evil empire down, the silent majority. How many people can a Biden rally muster? Good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: Ahabstar

The Supreme Court will NOT declare Trump the winner and give him 4 more years.

Anyone who believes that will happen is living in a fantasy.

PPhhttt....

You don't know what is going to happen.

I don't either.

But just some grand proclamation of "IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!" appears to make it look like you are the one currently living in a fantasy world...

edit on 25-11-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Interest on what?

Besides some foreign investment in bonds, most of the debt is simply Federal Reserve Inflation. How do you own interest on something they don't have to loan?

We owe them nothing. They simply inflate the currency by magically typing numbers into an account.

Um....

They loan us money with interest.

Which technically is an exchange of bonds for physical money.

Ahabstar's analogy is true.

We are being given $100 and have to pay back $105.

But the currency we are paying it back with they make...

So you can never actually have $105 to pay it back with.

Since there is only $100 in the first place.

So to pay back the $105, you have to take the next loan of $200...

Which they then make in exchange for a bond.

Which you have to pay back $210 of.

Comprende?

edit on 25-11-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
The Supreme Court will NOT declare Trump the winner and give him 4 more years. Anyone who believes that will happen is living in a fantasy.

Easy there Charlie Brown... Have you forgotten already? BTW CNN called, they want their punchline back...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join