It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYS Sheriffs’ Association blasts Cuomo, says it won’t enforce 10-person limit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
NYS Sheriffs’ Association blasts Cuomo, says it won’t enforce 10-person limit

The New York State Sheriffs’ Association has issued a statement blasting Gov. Andrew Cuomo over an executive order limiting private gatherings to 10 people ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.

They claim they have neither the resources nor the authority to limit the number of people in private homes.

If course Governor Cuomo disagrees and calls them dictators for refusing to enforce his new rules on gatherings over the Thanksgiving break.

He than went on to say as a law enforcement officer himself he doesn't get to pick and choose which laws he will enforce.

“I’m a law enforcement officer; I enforce the laws — I don’t get to pick and choose,” Cuomo said Wednesday. “Well, I’m not going to enforce domestic violence laws because that’s a family affair? No. There’s a law and you have to enforce the law, or don’t call yourself a law enforcement officer.”

As you can imagine the Sheriffs’ Association don't accept his accusations.

We find [Cuomo’s] comment ironic, and disingenuous, since the Governor has directed that his own State Police do not have to enforce the order,” the organization said in a statement addressed to all New Yorkers. “Apparently, it is another case of ‘do as I say, not as I do,’ such as we have seen with many other political leaders. He has also called Sheriffs ‘dictators’ for following the Constitution rather than his orders, which we also find ironic.”

I wonder how Cuomo feels about US immigration laws?

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Heard this on NPR today. Interesting points brought up by the NY Sheriffs include “do we arrest the 11th person at a gathering or all of them?

And

“How do we hone in on violations? Isn’t that a privacy concern?”

Nice OP, thank you

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
"Leaders" like cuomo are a perfect example of fostering mutiny...

Not only is the entire idea dumb, unnecessary, unconstitutional and plain idiotic how the hell do you think that's going to be accomplished como you freaking idiot. How about YOU go door to door, yourself, to check up on everybody. It's a big city better get started.

Good on the sheriff's for not only refusing such utter incompetence but also calling it just that. How tf are the sheriff's dictators for not being dictators going door to door??? Does he not know he's completely on the other end of that argument?? This has to be the dumbest #### I've read in at least 2 days.

Sry for the rant this p#### me off wish I didn't even see it lol

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Thanksgiving ̷r̷i̷o̷t̷ protest at cuomo's place. Be sure to bring cans of gravy and turkeys ̷t̷o̷ ̷h̷u̷r̷l̷ ̷t̷h̷r̷o̷u̷g̷h̷ ̷t̷h̷e̷ ̷w̷i̷n̷d̷o̷w̷s̷ to help feed the masses

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Thanksgiving ̷r̷i̷o̷t̷ protest at cuomo's place. Be sure to bring cans of gravy and turkeys ̷t̷o̷ ̷h̷u̷r̷l̷ ̷t̷h̷r̷o̷u̷g̷h̷ ̷t̷h̷e̷ ̷w̷i̷n̷d̷o̷w̷s̷ to help feed the masses

Hahahahaha.

Have a safe Thanksgiving all. Enjoy the time with family.
I’ll be on lat to drunkenly rap CTs with y’all later on...

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I watched an interview with a sheriff (I think), but definitely law enforcement, from upstate New York and he said the constitution specifically points to the invalidity of “arbitrary and capricious” laws. He said, “if it’s 12 people in Oklahoma but 9 in Alabama” - that’s the definition of arbitrary and capricious. I want him to run for president!

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The Cuomo's are the lowest common denominator of human beings.

I had never bothered to watch anything from Chris Cuomo however a mate and I were watching the CNN election coverage as it was hilarious watching them panic as Trump looked to be winning in a landslide.

If I hadn't of known better I could of sworn I was watching a parody. Absolutely ridiculous man he is. Typical condescending warrior of the woke calling each African-American correspondent and guest brother was hilarious.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The state cannot discriminate, any place, including the government buildings that have more than ten people would need to be ticketed. You cannot make a law for one citizen and not another, that is discrimination. Also, all stores would only be able to have ten people in them to be legal, there are usually more than ten people in a supermarket working there at one time.

Democrats do not know how to properly read laws concerning equal rights under law. I guess these politicians believe they are above the law. They cannot force a Sheriff to do something like that, they could be sued for going against the constitution. What about if the ambulance drivers come into a house of a couple with seven kids, does one have to stay out while the other goes in? You make a law, that law has to be enforced for everyone, a mask law also applies to all government workers, including police and ambulance drivers. I think that politicians need to have psychological evaluations and also I think they all should be required to take a class on laws protecting citizens before they are allowed to take office.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Yeah but big bro won an Emmy! If only it’d been an Oscar, than they’d share something with another famed Italian -Scorsese....

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Due to public outrage, Cuomo cancelled the multi-person Thanksgiving dinner he was going to host at the governor's mansion Thursday.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The only person who should be told how many people he can have for Thanksgiving is jeffrey dahmer.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Nor should they. Democrats need to stop trying to live our lives for us, that's what dictators do.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Here in Europe we get the same regulations on gathering in the home and the maximum amount of people who should be in the same room.

I guess the big difference with U.S. is nobody here is questioning how government is going to enforce it. They can't enforce it...

It's more of a guideline and we assume common sense prevails.

Peace

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Good. Such laws are unconstitutional. The US has a level of freedom that no other country in the world has.

-MM

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
Here in Europe we get the same regulations on gathering in the home and the maximum amount of people who should be in the same room.

I guess the big difference with U.S. is nobody here is questioning how government is going to enforce it. They can't enforce it...

Peace

The difference is you don't have a Cuomo.

This could be an excuse to arrest specific people.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   

If course Governor Cuomo disagrees and calls them dictators for refusing to enforce his new rules on gatherings over the Thanksgiving break.

I find it hilarious that cuomo would call the sheriffs a dictator when he's the one stomping his feet because someone dares disagree with him. It's also funny that his body guards the State Police are exempt from the kings order. What holiday is cuomo going to try and cancel next? Christmas?
edit on 25-11-2020 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL

This is the language of the opressed

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Peace

The difference is you don't have a Cuomo.

This could be an excuse to arrest specific people.

The guy has a nipple piercing!

Do you have a nipple piercing? You do not and neither do I...

Clearly he outranks us.

Peace

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Cuomo is a joke, I have no idea why the liberal media worships him.

Worst state for all COVID stats, and they think he did a great job.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I lost some more respect for Cuomo

<<   2 >>

join