It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump May Lose ... And That's Good for Trumpism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This was never going to be about flipping a switch and all our wildest dreams would come true.

... this isn’t the work of a day or a season. This is the work of a generation. - Josh Hawley

If Trump wins under the current circumstances:

- It will cause civil unrest that will make BLM look like a playdate. The media doesn't determine election winners but they modulate national mood. They create a mediated reality and have generated a sense of inevitability about a Biden inauguration. To pull that out now would be a disaster.

- It will give the 'Rats control of the "stolen election" narrative, instead of us, which they'll capitalize upon going into the 2022 midterms. When we lose the midterms it will empower people with the last names of Bush and Kassich and Romney to crawl out of the gutters and back into the GOP mainstream. Trump would face the real possibility of, not just impeachment, but removal.

If Trump loses:

- Biden accomplishes nothing in the next 24 months. Trump spent the last year having agency heads enshrine his EOs into administrative law, meaning it will take Biden months to undo, not a "stroke of a pen" as the media proclaim. Biden's legislative goals will be Deep Six'ed by the Senate and his agendas will be litigated into oblivion in front of a loyalist Supreme Court.

- Trump makes a tactical withdrawal and focuses the next two years on solidifying the grip of Trumpism on the RNC, keeping the swamp creatures on the fringes. He's already doing it by backing loyalists for reelection to all the top spots.

- We control redistricting after the 2020 Census results are released in a supermajority of the country. The House districts will be gerrymandered into nonsense by GOP legislatures and, if Trumpism is the dominant GOP ideology, then stacked with Trumpist congressmen.

- We own the "stolen election" narrative going into 2022 and take control of both houses of Congress as is widely expected. [see: fivethirtyeight.com...]

- Trump plays kingmaker and hand-picks the 2024 presidential candidate who faces a frail Joe Biden trying to cling to rule until he's 87 (he's already backtracked on his pledge to only serve one term). That means the survival of Trumpism without Trump, and the continued recalibration of the GOP into a populist, reactionary, workers party.

- The media landscape in 2024 will be markedly different. By that point the mediasphere will be even more fractured than now and the rise of iconoclast leftist journalists in the mold of Glen Greenwald and Matt Taibbi will have upended the liberalist united front, giving no quarter to ideologically incoherent Democrats like Biden. Section 230 will have been brought down on Twitter and Facebook. Sinclair will have purchased CNN.

-----

Trump was the right president at the wrong time. He was forced to fight a two-front war, one front against the Rats and the other front against the swamp in his own party. He has all but defeated the second of those. The bigger concern than Biden at this point is that the GOP will nominate a paint-by-numbers Republican in 2024, a Rubio or a Cruz or a Bush, taking us back to the GOP of yesteryear and away from the trajectory Trump set of remaking the party into a reactionary workers party. Provided Trump's support doesn't falter during the coming 40 nights in the desert, he will be positioned to hand-pick a cut-out in 2024.
edit on 24-11-2020 by WildBillX because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Interesting read except for the part about "If Trump Loses" given that he has already lost.

Also this idea that some how the snake oil salesman known as Donald Trump has somehow drained the swamp keeping it's creatures on the fringes, you honestly believe that?

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Also this idea that some how the snake oil salesman known as Donald Trump has somehow drained the swamp keeping it's creatures on the fringes, you honestly believe that?

Your definition of who is part of the swamp is not analogous with our definition. And, yes.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
DNC doesnt plan on keeping Joe around. He will either die or they will impeach and remove him. Maybe they will make Clinton VP and you know what happens next.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
DNC doesnt plan on keeping Joe around. He will either die or they will impeach and remove him. Maybe they will make Clinton VP and you know what happens next.

... bodies turning up in Rock Creek Park.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WildBillX

Your definition of who is part of the swamp is not analogous with our definition. And, yes.

Interesting and who is the "our" that has this mythical definition of the ubiquitous swamp creatures that Trump has kept away?

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Clinton!!! I know she'll make the world burn but o to see her cough up a green blob into a glass of water again -- priceless!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Trumpism: Orange Is The New Religion.

Did they replace the old, bland communal hosts (aka: Jeez-Its) with Cheez-Its?

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If Trump loses, the great experiment that was America is over. It’s that simple.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

No, he hasn't lost. Give it a few days from now and the democrats will be foaming at the mouth with anger and rage as their ship starts to rapidly sink.

edit on 24-11-2020 by Coagula because: o

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
He lost, his adoring fans will soon turn on him for being a loser. The right on here talks bad about Bush senior, McCain, Romney. The right hates a loser. I think it is just a matter of time before the faithful become hateful of Trump.
edit on 24-11-2020 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: WildBillX

Yes we are well aware that a bunch of would-be conspiracy theorists jumped in bed with the elite under the guise of 'rebellion'. Trading one swamp for another. And that's a stretch seeing as all of them are still part of the same swamp. The inability for some to not recognize the swamp (that was painfully obvious to the rest of us) they were sold under a false banner is not on the rest of us that will always question, and never trust, all sides.
edit on 24-11-2020 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I love how all these "scenarios" we forget about the Obama-Biden crimes...

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Coagula
a reply to: opethPA

No, he hasn't lost. Give it a few days from now and the democrats will be foaming at the mouth with anger and rage as their ship starts to rapidly sink.

Yah, meanwhile in the real world you are wrong but it's okay because being a MAGA is a scary thing right now.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WildBillX

Trump has lost , even Trump is starting to understand that now.

Trumpism is dead.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Interesting read except for the part about "If Trump Loses" given that he has already lost.

Oh crap, I had no idea the whole election was certified... You got a link?

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity, how do you personally define "Trumpism"?

Leave the man out of it. What do you mean when you use the term?

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I found your analysis pretty complete. It' prognosis sure, but your assumptions seem realistic.
That is based on one other fundamental assumption. That being that Trump does not go further off the rails.

I think you pretty much have a grasp on the ineffectual scope of the Biden administration. However to me the hope of Trump maintaining his grip on American conservatism is not so assured. Without the power of the White House Microphone his ranting and ravings could easily morph into nothing more than one more nutter crying in the wilderness.

I don't know what outliers could come into play here but they should not be ignored in their potential. What would happen if Melania declared for divorce and take Baron with her. Would that shake him? What will happen if all those law suits and other civil charges fall on his head with him no longer having the protection of the WH.

And who does he owe all that money to. Will they come after him or his businesses? What other shenaigans might he have been into that could come to light. I have nothing more other than speculations cuz I don't know the answers to those questions.

I do though have this vision of Dorothy and the WItch in their final conflict. Dorothy accidentally tosses water on the fire and it gets on the witch who then dissolves into a puddle. She then fears the head of the witches army of soldiers and flying monkeys for having melted her. To her surprise the captain lays down his weapons and thanks her for killing the witch. Without the witch and her tendrils having control over them all they were glad that she was gone.

So to MAY be the Republican Party. Those in that party that will know that the Biden administration will likely fumble and they could then be looking for new leaders to emerge that embody the conservative narrative that Trump utilized yet with out the bombastic narcissism that he constantly displayed.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The right ? No one likes traitors regardless of party affiliation. FTR I voted for "change" and consider him to belong in the traitor group. I did not vote for Trump (Nor h or j) either time , but, I do not place him in the group.
a reply to: Grimpachi

edit on 24-11-2020 by CrazyFox because: For clarity

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Oh...got that! Touche'

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join