It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired Surgeon on Masks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yeah exactly...entirely illogical and pointless. Like the rest of all the covid #. See my edit.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Saw it...

You're free to believe whatever you will

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Yeah. I believe the numbers, the reported symptoms, the age groups most heavily affected the death rate...

All the actual facts. None of them are anything at all to worry about.

I have a higher risk dying stepping out on the street at the wrong time than dying of covid. Same with 97% of people out there.

If that's something to be scared of, then damn, i shoulda been hiding in a hole my whole life. I do more dangerous # almost every day just at work.
edit on 23/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Good post but pointless. It’s impossible to get the ignorant to open there eyes.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Yeah. I believe the numbers, the reported symptoms, the age groups most heavily affected the death rate...

All the actual facts. None of them are anything at all to worry about.

I have a higher risk dying stepping out on the street at the wrong time than dying of covid. Same with 97% of people out there.

If that'a something to.be scared of, then damn, i shoulda been hiding in a hole my whole life. I do more dangerous # almost every day just at work.

its not air born so thats technically not true...

Though i do agree that the whole covid thing is a fear campaign... Not down playing the virus...

just sayin...

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

So you add to the fear with nonsense threads like this?

Literally, use common sense.

If you're a health care worker, elderly or vulnerable whatever, wear a mask, protect your self.

Just get over the self righteous preaching.

Most people involved in this and being lectured to, including the at risk, are adults capable of making their own decisions and are responsible for the risk they put themselves into.

If someone who's at risk, someone who knowingly is going to contact someone at risk or any such things decides not to take adequate responsibility and precautions, that's on them.

Nobody else.

This # is completely absurd. To demand the whole world cater to and suffer for 3% of the population is utterly insane and goes against all logic and reason.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Get over yourself dude... theres no preaching from me on this thread...

in fact i didn't say a damn thing about the OP...

IF you don't want to wear a mask... don't... i couldn't care less

This is a retired surgeon giving his opinion... has nothing to do with me

Yes i have to wear masks every day.... Yes they make a difference in spreading the virus... don't believe me... Idgaf

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

No you just like to spread propaganda from irrelevant sources that have zero facts as yet another reason why people should just get in line and obey like good little sheep who wear their masks and clang their quarantine bells at 7pm in support of the medical workers doing their best to fight the war against diseases.

Otherwise the 'rona might get ya.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

yup... masks are propaganda... You're a write off bro..

done talking to you... peace

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
One has to ask themselves , "why does a surgeon wear a mask ?"
Next question , "how long does a surgeon wear a mask ?"
Who opens a patient up ?
Who does the work ?
Who closes a patient back up ?
That's 3 different people there , most of the time.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

"why does a surgeon wear a mask ?"

Fashion statement?

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Well, if you are a medical worker, you know the masks you use are thrown away after each patient and everything is sterilized between people using cavicide. And this still doesn't stop the spread of disease. You're being disengenuous.

Where are the covid mask biohazard bins that should be located everywhere for people to dispose their contaminated masks? What difference does it make if my cashier is wearing a mask and gloves when they use the same ones for every customer? Might as well just be using their bare hands and not wearing anything. It's pretty much the same # at that point.

Medical masks and gloves work because they're changed constantly between patients. Wearing the same mask and gloves for 8 hours over a few hundred people is as good as wearing nothing at all.

Never seen a person use new masks or gloves between customers in stores. Never seen medical grade disinfectants, ya know, like cavicide, like those used in hospitals, used anywhere. It's all a crock of #. It's half assed, ineffective measures that give the illusion of safety, being forced under duress, for ridiculous reasons all based on unreasonable fear played up by media over a disease 97% of people recover just fine from.
edit on 24/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Gothmog

"why does a surgeon wear a mask ?"

Fashion statement?

Not exactly
Guess again.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   
You may have forgot to add the first paragraph. "I do not know this physician, and apparently he passed away some time ago. I only copied this post from a friend because I felt that it had useful and reliable information put in an entertaining way. Also, the picture in my post is not the doctor quoted but is a selfie of me demonstrating wearing a mask! I hope this helps."

You just finger picked the crap out of her opinion.
edit on 24-11-2020 by CopeLongCut because: From the OPs link

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CopeLongCut

lol actually i had no idea she existed... grabbed the article from a feed on my Fb

one of the mods added that link...

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Surgeons wear masks to protect the patient from coffee breath inside their thorax.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Will this joke ever be over?

Masks do not stop viral sized particles.
Covid-Cold is a lipid-fat coated live bacteria in viral size.
Covid-Cold exits us in most cases in a fluidic conduit or carrier.

Masks do impede the free unpoliced transfer of fluidic conduits of specific sizes.
The Covid-Cold in viral size travelling within a fluidic conduit as it leaves your mouth or nose presents itself in a larger than viral mass.
Remember the mask can impede larger than viral fluidic masses.
It is a mathamatical reality that reducing the volume of fluidic conduit that the viral sized living bacteria most often travels in will reuce transmission rates between people.
Reduction is not prevention.

The masks work in terms of reduction of transmission however they do not work in terms of prevention of transmission.

Best paralell is a Condom....it does not work 100% of the time.....but it does reduce transmission by volume.

The reality must be included that once the fluidic conduit dries up the bug is then transmissable in viral dust form and the masks are useless at stopping those viral sized particles that can become airbourne if disturbed once the fluidic conduit has dried up.

So really reducing the fluidic conduit expression is the easiest form of reduction of transmission but it can not ever stop transmission completely....

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

And, I haven't worn a mask during this whole thing prior to this week, only because they've now become mandatory inside. I chose the cheapest dollar store bandana I could find. Like that #'s basically seethrough. Still haven't caught covid, what does that prove?

nothing.
but your post shows that you are an ignorant and that solidarity with others is a foreign word for you. you do not sound like an adult. its only a mask.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

So really reducing the fluidic conduit expression is the easiest form of reduction of transmission but it can not ever stop transmission completely....

So... masks help..

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

This is a good analysis of mask usage - 300 pages but from arguably the most trusted/reputable organization on the planet. So if we are screaming "follow the science" then these folks are a good place to start.

Respiratory Illness Analysis

Medical or surgical masks

Seven studies took place in the community, and two studies in healthcare workers. Compared with wearing no mask, wearing a mask may make little to no difference in how many people caught a flu‐like illness (9 studies; 3507 people); and probably makes no difference in how many people have flu confirmed by a laboratory test (6 studies; 3005 people). Unwanted effects were rarely reported, but included discomfort.

N95/P2 respirators

Four studies were in healthcare workers, and one small study was in the community. Compared with wearing medical or surgical masks, wearing N95/P2 respirators probably makes little to no difference in how many people have confirmed flu (5 studies; 8407 people); and may make little to no difference in how many people catch a flu‐like illness (5 studies; 8407 people) or respiratory illness (3 studies; 7799 people). Unwanted effects were not well reported; discomfort was mentioned.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join