It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat-free diets linked with greater risk of breaking bones

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Okay great, so why are we bashing vegans? If anything, if you believe in ethical practices, you should be supporting them..

When was the last time you were harassed, in person, by a vegan?

I guarantee never...

This stereo type of life-harassing vegans negates the much harsher reality of meat-eaters who (by majority) support factory farming.

I'f you can eat meat and support ethical farming then go ahead, but I don't see any of these vegan bashers saying one word about factory farming..

Instead, they rather drivel on about how going vegan can lead to bad health effects if you don't follow a proper diet. Not one word from OP about why people going vegan in the first place (animal suffering).

Look up ATS articles... FAR MORE vegan hate articles than anything pro-vegan. This idea of vegans being anti-meat jerks is nonsense. If anything, the opposite is true.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Years ago I told my daughter I would rather have her become gay than become a vegan.

I don't want my kids constantly trying to talk me into eating all vegetables, that would be hell.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Okay Don Pauly..

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-11-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Vegetarian here. I consume 2800-3000 calories / ~170-200g protein per day. 5’9 175 lbs. Train 5-6 days a week. This study is ridiculous and only proves the vegans in the study didn’t have a proper diet.

Here’s a list of MMA fighters who I know are vegan. They’d wipe the floor with every meat eater in this thread.

Nate Diaz
Nick Diaz
James Wilks
David Haye
Jake Shields
Mac Danzig
Ashlee Evans-Smith

edit on 11/23/2020 by M4ngo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: TKDRL

Yea.. Most vegans are not highly vocal activists.. And secondly, those high vocal activists mostly have the best intentions in mind. Advocating for animal rights...

As a vegan , I think they should find some comprise with meat eaters. At least vegans care about animals, which is hard to say about 80% of the meat-eating population.

While they do have the best intentions, their methods of delivering their message is f*cked. My house was regularly filled with them. Man, it was a brutal 3 years and I’m glad it’s over. I went along to several of the events or whatever you want to call them. Been to quite a few slaughterhouses with them. I just wanted to see things with my own eyes. Saw enough, of both the factory farm industry and the vegan activist community that I was good to go. No longer wanted to participate or be associated with either.

There were a few cool people I met, but the majority are exactly the types of people that get made fun of on this forum. They’re all intersectionalist, would not be in the least bit surprised to see many of them flying the Antifa flag and the infighting is so insane that most of these groups splinter off, die out and then someone gets the ball rolling again. And all the infighting is because someone changed the rules and the people who didn’t get the notice is now the enemy. If I didn’t have to hear about the sh*t all the time, it would have been hilarious.

I even agree with their message, it’s the primary reason I don’t eat animals. But to think you can take the very thing that put humans at the top of the food chain and expect the entire world to just stop is lunacy. At most, I really think factory farms are rather barbaric and we can be doing much better than that. The filth and disease alone should be worthy reason enough. But again, I just choose not to participate. Do as thou will.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

The issue is collagen.

Your body does not synthesis enough. That goes for just about every tissue in the body including bones.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Okay great, so why are we bashing vegans?

Mostly, because I thought it would be funny. They tend to take it personally and get all worked up. And this thread sure hasn't disappointed there.

It's great what a few choice words can add to an otherwise literally pointless thread and spur on a bunch of pointless arguing. I mean I said this a page back and it's still going.
edit on 23/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Gothmog

LOL... So you have zero evidence besides that an athlete at a pro-level didn't do as well after going vegan. Yet, there are vegans who are 80+ and healthy, and also young folk who are muscular and healthy.

This idiotic "we were cavemen so have to eat like caveman" logic is based on zero facts.

Many also ignore that there were benefits found in this study. Not to mention, this study is not a tell-all for vegan vs meat-eater diets. Also, the article says the biggest problem was lack of protein/calcium which is easily accounted for.

If anything, this study suggests that some vegans are not getting enough protein/calcium. Not that there is no protein/calcium to be had via veggies.

I would put LOL in my reply , but I am out of grade school .
I call Wizard's First Rule.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This is my stunned face!

I just can't wait for the Beefoli to come out.

It looks like broccoli, it smells like broccoli and it tastes like broccoli, but it's really a Pastrami on rye!

Oh yeah, and unlike 'I Can't Believe It's Not Meat' (or whatever they call it) it doesn't have a "half-life".
edit on 11/24/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

The problem with the types you reference is that people need to believe in something, and the ones you talk about and the ones having fun poked at them in this thread have made their dietary preferences a belief system with an almost religious zeal.

You haven't done that and it shows in how you interact. You have a confidence that what you're doing is correct for you, but you don't take it to the zealous extremes of needing to force it on everyone around you. You might get into serious discussions about its merits vis a vis some other dietary system, but you don't need to feel that you are proselytizing and all other ways are inferior.

There is often the distinct whiff of religious zealotry in today's woke children. It used to be amusing, but it's getting to the point where it's frightening in some ways now.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
At most, I really think factory farms are rather barbaric and we can be doing much better than that.

One of the very few positives about these lockdowns is the resurgence on small producers as the Big Four meat processors run into issues. I've only bought local, humanely raised and processed animal products, I don't purchase any factory farm garbage.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Drucifer
At most, I really think factory farms are rather barbaric and we can be doing much better than that.

One of the very few positives about these lockdowns is the resurgence on small producers as the Big Four meat processors run into issues. I've only bought local, humanely raised and processed animal products, I don't purchase any factory farm garbage.

Man, I went to the Smithfield plant in Fayetteville, the biggest pig slaughterhouse on the planet. If hell has a smell, it’s gotta be just like that. For about a mile surrounding the plant it just smells like burnt flesh and sh*t, because that’s primarily what it is. The giant pools off piss and sh*t from the pigs are on the perimeter of the plant and they’re burning nonstop.

Watching the pigs go in is no treat either. Taking away the heartstrings/sympathy aspect, you see truck after truck drive in with pigs who are being held up by other pigs, they’ve got sores and boils on them, they’re puking and sh*tting all over each other....it’s really f*ckin’ nasty.

The suicide rate of those workers is pretty high up there as well. Very few actually want to work there, but there’s barely anything else up in that area for people to do, so they end up there.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I can't in good conscience support an industry like that, especially with my background, it's not how we should be preparing our food.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The problem with the types you reference is that people need to believe in something, and the ones you talk about and the ones having fun poked at them in this thread have made their dietary preferences a belief system with an almost religious zeal.

You haven't done that and it shows in how you interact. You have a confidence that what you're doing is correct for you, but you don't take it to the zealous extremes of needing to force it on everyone around you. You might get into serious discussions about its merits vis a vis some other dietary system, but you don't need to feel that you are proselytizing and all other ways are inferior.

There is often the distinct whiff of religious zealotry in today's woke children. It used to be amusing, but it's getting to the point where it's frightening in some ways now.

I don’t disagree.

And I share their feelings in regards to the treatment of animals, completely. But the fact of the matter is, the vegan food industry has had huge growth increases in the last 3 years. I don’t know about 2020, but in 2018 and 2019 it had a 700% increase both years. Things are already changing and I don’t think any amount of militant vegans is going to push it along any faster.

Aside from the health benefits I’ve experienced, my wife and I spend on average $100 a week on food. We get as much as we can at farmer’s markets and the rest we grab at Publix/Whole Foods. I always laugh when I see people say “You think just because you can afford to be vegan that everyone can.”. It’s monumentally cheaper for us now than when we were both eating animal products.

I still crave pepperoni pizzas about 10x a week, but that’s really it. A few weeks ago I had a craving for steak, which was as weird because I stopped eating red meat about a year before I made the switch. Wasn’t for any reasons related to being vegan, I just got sick of buying steaks that had no flavor, which seems to be an issue here in South Florida.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: haaat
20 year vegetarian here. This is common sense. My vast amount of broken/fractured bones point towards the diet. Let me be clear: diet is due to health, not care/love of animals.

Loved seeing this though.

Lol I don't think you are a vegetarian, at least not one who eats eggs and or cheese, clearly no difference in that diet than those with meat as far as bones!

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Years ago I told my daughter I would rather have her become gay than become a vegan.

I don't want my kids constantly trying to talk me into eating all vegetables, that would be hell.

Maybe they would just live their own life like most of us.
My kids make their own choices as I do.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

If you know what you're doing, where to go, and you're doing most of your own food prep, life on a budget isn't nearly as hard as most people think it is with any kind of whole food diet.

It's also a portion thing. Most people eat enough in one meal for two or even three or more.

edit on 24-11-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Yea being militant vegan is just going to push people away. It's much better to let people know of animal suffering and make their own decision.

Also, it definitely is alot cheaper to eat vegan. It is expensive to eat ethically raised meat like grass-fed pasture raised beef.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

So your objective was to get the very minuscule vegans on here arguing?

Just sad man...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join