It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nursing home deaths. Will they be held accountible?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
So far they have gotten away with murder.

Their policies leading to the deaths was a
mistake. Illegal decisions made behind
closed doors.

I think that awareness of the governors
crimes is increasing and someday justice
will come to those elderly patients hit
by Covid-19 because they put Covid-19
infected patients back in with
the healthy residents. Why Gov?

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDidHappen

Will they be held accountible?

No! They only do what they know they will get away with.
edit on 22-11-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

They should. Nursing homes are like death camps. The vibe I got everytime I went to see my grandma in a nursing home was never positive. It literally sucks being there just to visit imagine having to stay for an extended period of time. Its pretty sad.

edit on 22-11-2020 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Will they be held accountible?

Held accountable? If you think getting emmy awards and lucrative book deals is 'being held accountable' ... then yes they are going to be held accountable.
edit on 22-11-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It's not just the direct policy of putting COVID positive seniors into the homes, but all the collateral deaths from isolation.

A nursing home expert who analyzed data from the country’s 15,000 facilities for The Associated Press estimates that for every two COVID-19 victims in long-term care, there is another who died prematurely of other causes. Those “excess deaths” beyond the normal rate of fatalities in nursing homes could total more than 40,000 since March.

I've read heartbreaking stories of people confined to window visits who saw loved ones trying to escape through the windows, for example. I've seen video of grandparents awkwardly trying to hug their grandchildren through plastic sheeting.

I personally had a distant cousin pass after an 8-year battle with dementia. His wife put off sending him into a home as long as she could, but he would become agitated to the point of violence, no longer recognized her although he remembered his wife whom he wished would come by again sometime, and was prone to wandering. She was terrified that putting him in a home would mean never seeing him again because of COVID and was trying to outlast it, but she didn't make it. It became too much, and he didn't survive the transition with the sudden isolation from everything familiar.

You can argue it may have happened anyhow, but SHE COULDN'T BE THERE. He was her husband, had been for decades, and SHE COULDN'T BE THERE to save him and save her and save others. So he died alone, and now she's alone with her guilt.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

They wanted to kill people.

*shrugs*

It's what evil people do.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They wanted to kill people.

*shrugs*

The more dead.

The more to blame on Trump.

Now we get a felon for a President.

Good times.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
It's like actual evil is a new concept to people after finding out the brainwashing of Trumps evil doesn't compare.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
My mother just passed away on Tuesday in a nursing home after being transferred from the hospital around a week earlier. It’s really sad not allowing any visitors when they are days away from death.
They did have a hospice room in the very back of the facility that allowed me to visit after screening for final hours. At that point she was not really conscious and on morphine. She had tested virus free at the hospital but the restrictions stopped me from comforting her in person.
I really think all these restrictions are doing more harm than good. I was blocked from visiting my mother in assisted living most of the year in her final months.

If I was inside one of these facilities, I’d prefer screening for loved ones and choose the company of a loved one rather than an isolated death near almost all your last days on this Earth.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

They had to pad the numbers somehow .

If they didn't spread the virus through Nursing homes to increase the deaths by nearly 50% mind you , then they would have never gotten away with half of this crap.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

I'm sorry for your loss.

A toast to your Mom.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Thanks,

I really believe when both resident and loved one wanting to visit someone in the hospital or assisted living or nursing home are virus free and possibly in their last weeks or days, that visitation should be allowed after screening and with protective gear just like all the other health care workers wear or residents rights to the pursuit of happiness and loved ones rights are denied because a politician wants to say he made it safe.

I will add nursing homes will just say they were following government mandates. Likely no repercussions.
edit on 22/11/20 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
No there will be no prosecutions and the current administration will be historically blamed😈

edit on Nov-22-2020 by xuenchen because: nickel tipper

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Really sorry for your loss

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

It's all political jokes and hahaha til it's your family member who has died.

This was/is not a political conspiracy.

Everything isn't about Trump.

There's more to life and this isn't a joke.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Floridadreamin

It seems on this one your damned if you do and damned if you don't though. Either way, you're killing the elderly. You either lock them up with the COVID positive and kill them or you lock then away from everyone they love and they die a slow death in isolation.

They die either way. Either way, it's cruel.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Already overwhelmed in elder care...the infected, forced influx is CRIMINAL.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDidHappen
So far they have gotten away with murder.

Their policies leading to the deaths was a
mistake. Illegal decisions made behind
closed doors.

I think that awareness of the governors
crimes is increasing and someday justice
will come to those elderly patients hit
by Covid-19 because they put Covid-19
infected patients back in with
the healthy residents. Why Gov?

China built new hospitals (in days) that could deal with 2,600 patients at a time. America sent a boat with 173 beds.

The New York hospitals had 6,300 more patients than they could accommodate. These patients needed immediate medical care and could not fend for themselves.

Cuomo had no choice. The next option after the existing hospitals were the smaller hospital facilities provided by many rest homes and palliative care units.

Can you think of another option?

What is criminal is the lackluster attempts (by the golfer in chief) at stopping the infected from becoming so numerous that hospitals were overrun.

edit on 22/11/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I would think anywhere would be better than putting them with the people at most risk.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join