It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Muslims believe in hell?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
drogo:
Under Christianity and the beliefs of those who follow Christianity: we are all the "son[s] of God".

So Jesus' claim to being the "son of God" would be legit and not a lie.
The difference comes into play when using "Son" versus "son".

As for being a prophet, the Jews back then ascribed/described Jesus as being a 'rabbi', a 'teacher', thus when translated to Islam, Jesus becomes a "prophet."

As for "savior," one must use the word how it was given and used during the historical time period that he lived in and the conditions of the Jewish nation then. They were under the rule of the Romans. Hence, the Jews looked for a "savior", a redeemer, a Messiah, as promised by the line of David, in that a "savior" would come and set them free from oppression. Accordingly, many Jewish leaders did not see Jesus as the Messiah, the redeemer, the "savior" because he did not fulfill the requirements of one being such. One of those requirements was that he would be as David, a great military leader. That is why they are still awaiting the return/emergence of a Messiah, a redeemer, the "savior" today.

BTW: the topic is not about Jesus, but: Do Muslims believe in hell?

seekerof

[edit on 19-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
babloyi,

sorry...you'll have to make a trip to the dreaded library.

-----------------------------

ever been suckered ? I have. we all have. we've all been lied to , one way or another. for my money the lies have just gotten worse over the years and the manipulations are now pretty detectable , if you take a longer look at a story that seems suspect...you can usually see the cracks.

Islam is coming for us...how long will it take ? I dunno...but the dutch leaving their own country cuz it is now infested with people who want to take over and make it a huge mosque,is not a good sign and a red flag to anyone who has more than just a mass media intellect about islam.

this is more serious than you can imagine.

islam has big unspoken [ in the news ] kind of leverage...real big

islam is bribing universities with cash , they want islamic studies and an islamic chair at universities. and they are doing it too !

they are getting into every nook and cranny they can get into. and they just don't exist where they live. they move in, people accept them , then as they to be larger in size, they try changing the local laws to islamic laws. they've already succeded doing that in canada. they have a special court for islamic families.

if you wanted you're people to take over and you had the money and the power to pull it off....wouldn't YOU DO what islam is doing ? they're not going to come at us with bullets, but by infecting our culture.

people used to come to america to be americans....now they come to change america into their own world.

ever hear of the concept of cooking the frog slowly ? just look around you....see the steam ? keep looking , you will...

if you guys can't see the danger or don't have the vision to see what could happen down the road around the world , after years of being set in place trying to change those nations culture into that of islam...then I'd say our future was rather grim. cuz they will take over...

-----------------------------------------------------------
about jesus

yeah , the radicals like arafat , believed that jesus would return as a muslim warrior , destroying the synagogues and churches and killing the jews and christians in a final battle...

got the warm fuzzies over that ?

----------------------------------------------------------
as a final note, I'm not condemning all muslims. I know there are decent law abiding, loving muslims who wouldn't hurt anyone....

I'm not concerned about them, I'm concerned about the agenda that is pushing them, on the rest of us on the planet !

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
perhaps I should have started an islamic threat thread...

sorry for the drift...but ya gotta admit, there are many dimensions to the subect of islam

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yeah we muslims really conquer the Netherlands. Actually as muslim here in the netherlands im more worried that we might get some nazi like spectacles against muslims than muslims conquering the netherlands.

I do not know how you got the idea that we muslims are going to take over the netherlands. There was only 1 incident in which a maniac killed another idiot. That is about it. The rest are cases of hatred against muslims.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
and tomcat

why do you suppose there is hatred for the muslims ? eh ?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Because some maniacs attacked the twin towers and media making people more scared than they should be.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
well tomcat,

I'd say those two reasons , barely scratched the surface.

----

what kind of response would a christian trying to put up a church in saudi arabia recieve ? eh ?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
What difference does it make? Everyone has an agenda. I'm sure the muslims are told that they must make a stand and claim what is theirs in the world, because the big old bad Americans are spreading through out the world like a disease with their Christianity and starbucks. It's all relative.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hey drogo
Muslims don't believe that Jesus lied about being the son of God. As Seekerof mentions, we all are "son's of God". If you check the Bible, there are numerous referrences to many others being called the "son's of God". Israel for one, but I can't remember the other. Muslims do not take this to be literally meaning the "SON of God", it just means that on a personal level, you take your Creator to be as a Father to you.
Also, Jesus could very well be your saviour. He came, taught the true message of God, tried to show everyone the right path, etc.

Seekerof, interestingly enough, there is no word for "Prophet" in arabic. The word applied to Jesus, Muhammad, Abraham etc. is "Messanger of God"

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Seems to me Muslims (in the radical sense) Kill or just Kill first and leave judgement up to a higher being.. i.e. a lower being, and its sometimes a long-long way down. But then again let those who kill die a quick second and so their trip to hell is shorter than the rest of our journeys.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Actually that is about the reason. If a muslim robs somebody people here are like see all muslims are thiefs. Well not that badly but that does happen allot. Muslims get insulted all the time here. Im glad that most muslims kept calm and didnt go kill someone.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

BTW: the topic is not about Jesus, but: Do Muslims believe in hell?

Thanks Seekerof.

I was really hoping that someone would post some verses from the Koran referencing what happens to those unconverted who die. The Bible makes it clear that you have 2 choices, in the end, Heaven or Hell. I was just trying to find out if Islamic beliefs ran along the same lines.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
simtek22

I hope you don't think I was ragging on your case....

Nah...It wouldn't be the first time if you were though.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
You wanted verses about the fate of non-muslims? Ask, and you shall recieve:

2:62
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

As for people who don't believe in God and the Last day (and consequently hereafter), there is no need for heaven, as they don't believe in it.

11:15-16
Whosoever desireth the life of the world and its pomp, We shall repay them their deeds herein, and therein they will not be wronged. Those are they for whom is naught in the Hereafter save the Fire. (All) that they contrive here is vain and (all) that they are wont to do is fruitless.

However, there is a special case for those who did not know about the message of God, they will go to heaven or hell depending on their deeds. I can't find the relevant quotes right now, but if you want, I can look for them.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
You wanted verses about the fate of non-muslims? Ask, and you shall recieve:

2:62
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

As for people who don't believe in God and the Last day (and consequently hereafter), there is no need for heaven, as they don't believe in it.

11:15-16
Whosoever desireth the life of the world and its pomp, We shall repay them their deeds herein, and therein they will not be wronged. Those are they for whom is naught in the Hereafter save the Fire. (All) that they contrive here is vain and (all) that they are wont to do is fruitless.

However, there is a special case for those who did not know about the message of God, they will go to heaven or hell depending on their deeds. I can't find the relevant quotes right now, but if you want, I can look for them.

totally agree

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
Islam is coming for us...how long will it take ? I dunno[...]
islam is bribing universities with cash , they want islamic studies and an islamic chair at universities. and they are doing it too ![...] they are getting into every nook and cranny they can get into. and they just don't exist where they live.

You do realize that there is no head of islam and no coordinating commitee for islam either right? I mean, 'islam' can't do anything. Individual muslims are free to do whatever they want. If those moving into the west are often not assimilated properly and are marginalized (or perhaps its the marginalization that leads to un-assimilation), then who's fault is that?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Can I just add that in a museum in Istanbul, is a letter writted by Mohammed, and basically said "become muslim or die".
Seems pretty clear cut rule that has been practiced since the beginning.

members.tripod.com...

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by tomcat ha
Conversion to islam is only legitimate when its under theire own will.

So then there's a lot of illegitimate muslims around then eh? Is the son of a pressured conversion also illegitimate?

[edit on 20-3-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Can I just add that in a museum in Istanbul, is a letter writted by Mohammed, and basically said "become muslim or die".
Seems pretty clear cut rule that has been practiced since the beginning.

What is the status of this letter as to authenticity? They have a handwritten letter from a nomadic bedoin from 1,300 years ago? I find that very doubtful.

Undoubtedly, all the judeo-christian religions have forced people to convert to it and sometimes used violence to expand their boundaries.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
nygdan,

yeah...but there is a source, a push , being fueled by SUV gas money, a concerted effort to infect the planet, with the intolerant islam...

their agenda is world domination. like the usa would like world freedom [ kinda sorta on their terms ] islam wants submission, to allah

the head of CAIR [ omar ahmed ] in hayward california said " Islam is not here to be equal to other religions, but to be the supreme religion on the planet " !...he later denied saying it...
but it was a true and direct quote, more precisely [ a premature slip of the tongue by a 2 faced arab who knows the agenda ]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join