It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya: U.S. falsifying Holy Koran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
got another little tidbit to throw in...

In afganistan... we were giving religious school books to the children during the Soviet occupation... they were tools to indoctrinate a new group of "terrorists" against the soviets... it worked well...
the books were filled with ways to justify islam with rebellion towards occupying authority... we raised a bunch of determined youth to be the next "al qaida"
when we went to "liberate" the afgani people... they still had the same books in the schools... some smart military observers saw this, and thought... that is not good... they will use the same justifications against us.... the word was put out to have new books made with a different message... this message would be one of peace...

so they replaced all the pictures of guns in the book with pictures of fruit...LMAO

we are so smart S..M..R..T, S..M..R..T...we are so smart...
DOHH...

for the story about the afghan schoolbook scandal

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by The Vagabond
As for warlike religions,
"The Lord is a man of war..." Exodus 15:3

Well lets put that in context shall we?

Exo 15:1 Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto Jehovah, and spake, saying, I will sing unto Jehovah, for he hath triumphed gloriously: The horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
Exo 15:2 Jehovah is my strength and song, And he is become my salvation: This is my God, and I will praise him; My father's God, and I will exalt him.
Exo 15:3 Jehovah is a man of war: Jehovah is his name.
Exo 15:4 Pharaoh's chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea; And his chosen captains are sunk in the Red Sea.
Exo 15:5 The deeps cover them: They went down into the depths like a stone.
Exo 15:6 Thy right hand, O Jehovah, is glorious in power, Thy right hand, O Jehovah, dasheth in pieces the enemy.

Sounds like a victory dance and thank you for saving them.

It sounds like he's glorifying his God for smiting the holy crap out the Egyptians. In the context of future events it also sounds like he's expressing the attitude that will go on to make the Jews the conquerors and sometimes exterminators of every other religion they come in contact with. Joshua 14:7-12 is telling whether true or false- even more so if it is a fable as it appears to be. Here is an old man who has been at war for 45 years basically saying, "let me go over to those mountains and start something with the Amelkites- sure they're giants, but our warlike God will help me kick their butt and take their land."

I don't want to turn this into a debate about Zionism or anything, I'm just saying that Judaism and Christianity, which are well understood and generally seen as peaceful religions as far as the West is concerned, are every bit as tainted by the warlike Zietgeist of ancient times as Islam is. To argue on the basis of carefully selected verses (which can look even worse than they already are if they are taken in isolation) that Islam in particular is warlike (and even to jump on GhostSoldier and accuse him of wanting to destroy Israel simply for saying that Arabs should be treated fairly) is allow yourself to be blinded by the fear of that which you do not know.
If it is your point, as it seems to be, to argue that unfavorable representations of the Koran are perfectly legitimate and are not in any way misrepresented or propagandized because Islam really is a violent and warlike religion, then I would say that is a very one sided way to consider Islam and that it borders on xenophobia and ignorance.

Are there Islamic fundementalists? Yes, lot's of them.
How is their human rights track record, especially for women? Horrifying.
Do they frequently resort to violence? Not so much frequently as constantly.
Do they share these traits with any other group? Yes; Christian and Jewish fundementalists.
Does that make Islam itself evil, vicous, warlike, etc? No, just the fundementalist jerks who are so intellectually, morally, and emotionally damaged as to embrace the fundementalist viewpoint which contradicts everything a reasonable person would assume about a just and benevolent creator.

<< 1   >>

join