It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya: U.S. falsifying Holy Koran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Here is one you conspiracy buffs will jump on!

Tripoli, Libya, Mar. 15 (UPI) -- Libya's Deputy Speaker Ahmed Ibrahim accused the United States Tuesday of distributing forged copies of the Koran to tarnish the image of Islam.

During a lecture to the Libyan Students' Union in Tripoli, Ibrahim said the U.S. administration under orders from President Bush "is forging the Koran and distributing the false copies among Americans in order to tarnish the image of Muslims and Islam."

He also accused the United Nations of being the "center of injustice" and the cause of the oppression of people around the world.

"The Zionists have ruined America's dream in establishing a peaceful and stable world ... If the Americans do not get rid of Zionist influence they will be endangering their interests and future," Ibrahim added.

How many you think will by this as truth? See how it works now?

[edit on 17-3-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hmm seems a bit subtle for George & co.

Shows, perhaps, the line we were fed that Libya is now 100% on message is over-stating the case.

He's got a point on the Zionists though

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised, but they wouldn't dramatic changes... Just rewording of sentances and the like - to make Islam seem more sinister...

Is it the truth, who knows go out and buy a copy and compare it to an older copy of the Koran...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
if i remember correctly, Bush say that Islam is a peaceful religion, he would have put ads out that Islam was a religion intent on killing infidels.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Exactly - just more anti-American crap being spread, hell I even have a copy of the Koran in which I could tell if I wanted to spend the time, but I know the source........

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Just more anti-American crap being spread...

Isn't it, anti-Islamic "crap being spread" ... The editing of the Koran (whether it is true or not) is not an attack on the US, but an attack on Muslims...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

Isn't it, anti-Islamic "crap being spread" ... The editing of the Koran (whether it is true or not) is not an attack on the US, but an attack on Muslims...

Like you said, whether true or not, it is still perceived as an attack on Muslims by the US.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   

it is still perceived as an attack on Muslims by the US.

Well the day the US withdraws all its troops from the Middle-East, Stops aiding Israel, makes the trades fair, and teaches them how to build a country (instead of throwing money at them, and going to war with them) ... The day that happens, is the day I will not perceive the US as attacking Arabs...

Until that day...

[edit on 25-3-2005 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Well the day the US withdraws all its troops from the Middle-East, Stops aiding Israel, makes the trades fair, and teaches them (instead of throwing money at them) ... The day that happens, is the day I will not perceive the US as attacking Arabs...

Until that day...

Ah you hate Israel and want to drive them to the sea huh?

I will not sit here and bull# you and say we treat the Arabs like our kid brother, hell we don't treat anyone perfectly.

Teach them you say? Have you ever been to an American university? We let them come over to some of the finest schools in the world accept them in out culture and welcome them. We send aid to them to help in their countries.

Hell we sent the PLO monies that they used to kill Jews. If you want a free Arab world then , it is time for them to let go of centuries old grudges and join the world community as equals, when the start acting the part, then they will be welcomed as some of them already are.

Go ahead, hate the Jew......let it build and there is no different from Hitler and his psychopathic nuts.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Well the day the US withdraws all its troops from the Middle-East, Stops aiding Israel, makes the trades fair, and teaches them (instead of throwing money at them) ... The day that happens, is the day I will not perceive the US as attacking Arabs...

Ah you hate Israel and want to drive them to the sea huh?

Teach them you say? Have you ever been to an American university? We let them come over to some of the finest schools in the world accept them in out culture and welcome them. We send aid to them to help in their countries.

You teach them - then invade them, give them money - then invade them... It all just gets declared useless once you attack them... All the money you give them gets spent trying to keep their women and children alive...

I dont know where you get the idea I hate Jews from... You're merely trying to demonise me for my beleif that America and Israel are doing "evil" things...

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Since when is Israel or America doing something evil, your buddies the arabs do not even recognize the jews a right to exist as a country. this puts them close to par with Nazis. now look at who you support.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Exactly - just more anti-American crap being spread, hell I even have a copy of the Koran in which I could tell if I wanted to spend the time, but I know the source........

Funny that you're the one "spreading it" by posting here, but that's the nature of the disinformation war isn't it?

To which maybe Ibrahim may be correct, assuming he can google. One would have to be brain dead to not know the Western Islamists (aka Christians) are waging a disinfo war on the Koran.

We now return you to your normal "Osama's Secret Message for Red States" programming as spread by Al Qaeda's Christian operatives.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
why should the states stop helping isrial. after all they are the ones typicaly under attack from their neibours. be it terrorist activity to the full armed conflict that has been tried (and failed miserably) in the past.

i might also add that the state of isrial did not recieve much help in the beggining. they held their own useing outdated and poor equipment that they were able to buy on their own. includeing a realy bad copy of a german ww2 aircraft that was dangerous to fly. not to mention that these aircraft flew arround the clock stopping only for rearming and crew changeovers.

they proved themselves before recieveing real aid from the west. in that region it is not isrial that is the problem but prety much all of the arab nations. who seem to feel it is their duty to remove isrial from the face of the planet. i would aplaud the states helping the "little guy".

as for changeing the holy book it is stated but no proof is cited or given. could it be that this acusation is a disinformation plan to try to diswade any who may read the book that any refrances made to things like converting the world being a requirement, is just a lie from bush and co?

remember the "corrupt" usa is not the only power to use disinformation. i would say EVERY country tries to use disinformation to help in their cause.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

they proved themselves before recieveing real aid from the west.

Uh no they didn't. If it wasn't for Britain, Israel wouldn't be slap in the middle of Pallestine, and just a guess, but I'd say the private ownership of the US Federal Reserve was of great assistance to the infancy of the Israeli Nation eh? Just an FYI, the world had no problem recognising the soverignty of Pallestine, if you check your maps prior to the late 1930's in fact, Pallestine was a country.
Lybia has good reason to question US motives, MOSSAD duped the US into bombing the crap out of them not so very long ago.
www.globalissues.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It's nothing new that the U.S. has published false Qorans. False Qorans in the millions were delivered to Africa from the U.S. The U.S. missionaires who seem to be unaware that it's against the 10 commandments to lie, use these false Qorans to show the Muslims in Africa how "horrible" Islam and how benevolent Christianity is.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Funny, I've never seen one of these "false" Kurans.... They must be awfully hard to come by...
Kind of defeats the point, huh?

Of course, one could read the Bible and find a lot about slaying infidels too, so what really would the point be? Just like the Bible, it's all a matter of interpretation of various passages....

My guess though, is that the Libyan isn't happy about the translation interpretation and the accusation of "falsifying" is blowing it out of proportion....

[edit on 25-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
if i remember correctly, Bush say that Islam is a peaceful religion, he would have put ads out that Islam was a religion intent on killing infidels.

Well ofcourse he has to say that Islam is a peaceful religion. What do you think the reaction of the world would be if he said the opposite? He would violate the U.S. constitution if he openly would declare his hostilities towards Muslims and Islam.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
if i were them, just don't read the bible, why do you need a book to tell you what to do? and what to follow? follow your own heart. it will guide you to success.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

He also accused the United Nations of being the "center of injustice" and the cause of the oppression of people around the world.

Well, at least he got one thing right.

Anyway I strongly doubt that we are distributing completely false Qurans, mainly because I believe th Mullahs would catch on fast and just humiliate us over it.
This sounds like it might be akin to Christians who believe that the King James Version is the only "real" bible. I can understand how something translated through a Western language by a westerner might come out different than it would if a Libyan did it. That doesn't make the American version a fabrication.

As for warlike religions,
"The Lord is a man of war..." Exodus 15:3

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
As for warlike religions,
"The Lord is a man of war..." Exodus 15:3

Well lets put that in context shall we?

Exo 15:1 Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto Jehovah, and spake, saying, I will sing unto Jehovah, for he hath triumphed gloriously: The horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
Exo 15:2 Jehovah is my strength and song, And he is become my salvation: This is my God, and I will praise him; My father's God, and I will exalt him.
Exo 15:3 Jehovah is a man of war: Jehovah is his name.
Exo 15:4 Pharaoh's chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea; And his chosen captains are sunk in the Red Sea.
Exo 15:5 The deeps cover them: They went down into the depths like a stone.
Exo 15:6 Thy right hand, O Jehovah, is glorious in power, Thy right hand, O Jehovah, dasheth in pieces the enemy.

Sounds like a victory dance and thank you for saving them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join