It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Changes Over the Last Few Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
With all these Mandela effect threads over the last bit, it got me thinking about one i've noticed. Fox news becoming a reasonable news source. Not the best but reasonable.

Now in my old universe I remember fox news being the lowest of the low, like if something was on fox news, it was some emotional biased nonsense. Basically, the CNN of today.

Lately i've noticed a massive change in their reporting style and biases.

Clearly something Mandela effectish is going on.....nah i'm kidding...

But I do have a theory, it's just my own theory hence why this is a grey area thread. But....

Well, disney bought most of Fox a bunch of years ago now. All except, fox news which became part of the Fox Corporation.

So now, fox news is a separate entity from 20th century fox and the other Hollywood related entertainment parts of their company.

Is it a coincidence that since this happened, fox news is actually now acting like a real news channel? Was the Hollywood entertainment part of their company now belonging to disney responsible for the ridiculous news fox used to be up until that point?

I dunno, just some Saturday evening musings. Anyone else noticed the change in fox over recent years though?
edit on 21/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I see way more truth on Fox News these days than the other main networks. Fox News used to be a little chaotic and spread half truths, but the last maybe four years, they have gotten to be a decent network that spreads way more truth than lies. CNN and a few others are really bad, I can't believe anything they say, it is almost like they cannot tell the truth at all. What's up with that, did they become a mouthpiece for the great deceiver?

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't watch Fox (any TV for that matter ... don't even have a cable subscription) as a matter of habit. I see a lot of references to their reporting (more than other news agencies actually) ... so I'm somewhat exposed.

Tucker said something (forgive my fading memory) that made me say, "Never trust that guy. He's a hypocrite."
I can't stand Laura Ingraham's nasally smugness.
And Hannity, is just a Republican drama queen.

I do kind of favor 'the opinions' of their group co-host segments.

The corporate leadership scuttled Fox News with the #metoo agenda. At least, that's how I remember it.

edit on 21112020 by Snarl because: autocorrect

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah that's what i mean. The only really significant change at least with fox news i can think of is the disney acquisition of the rest of the company. It seems to coincide with the changes in all that.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

fox news is actually now acting like a real news channel?

"Real" is in the eyes of the beholder.
Some beholders need glasses bad.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Ok...reporting on things in a way unlike the #show they used to be. They bear a semblance to traditional reporting now.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Ok...reporting on things in a way unlike the #show they used to be. They bear a semblance to traditional reporting now.

You say their reporting style has changed , yet you provide no conclusive facts to reinforce the statement .

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Man, it was vague theory posted in the grey area with my observations. If you've noticed this, cool if not and you can't be bothered to check it out fine, but at least compared to most of the unsubstanstiatable nonsense posted here in this forum, this is something you can check out.

edit on 21/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Fox should be sanctioned for voter suppression. They were the only news source to call an election in Arizona hours before the polls closed. They called Biden as the winner and like the polls that causes would be voters to think their vote wont matter because its lost. I dont think that attempt was on accident and in my opinion they violate the law.

Secondly, when Fox hired Donna Braille after she was fired from CNN as if she didnt just betray the American people during the 2016 democrat primaries. As far as I am concerned they should not exist and will not be a news source of any real voice in the foreseeable future for they're orwelian performance during this election night in attempts to put their thumps on the scale in attempts to rob ones states populous from their rights to vote.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I notice that it's not nearly as bad as everyone seems to think it is. It's almost like Fox News crystalized it's reputation with Bill OReilly and Glenn Beck. Since then people have this knee jerk reaction to it even though it's changed a bit since then.

Hannity is a douche and I tend to not be able to stare at his face for more than a few seconds. It's the same feeling I have for Rachel Maddow.

None the less, I read far more news than I watch, which I think is a much better way to digest multiple sources and get a better grip on what's going on. The bias isn't quite so bad in the print as it is with the celeb talking heads.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It seems to me the republicans and democrats did the same kind of switch.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

We have switched from FOX to Newsmax and OAN because I began to see a creep toward the kind of left leaning biased news CNN and MSNBC were reporting.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Michielli
It seems to me the republicans and democrats did the same kind of switch.

You mean like Sanders said, the Democrats have become the party of the coastal elite, the very rich and the upper middle class? It is clear the uber rich tech industry pays for the Democratic Party campaigns now and champions them by censoring Republicans and conservatives.

Making the Republicans the party of the working people who actually make the country work but are held in utter disdain by the rich and referred to as flyover racists/sexists who cling to their bibles by the Democratic Party.

edit on 11/22/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It's called controlled opposition. Look who owns them. It wouldn't work if they showed their true colors all the time. Lots of smart and capable people fell for it.

That said, there are decent people on there who are very clearly struggling to figure out their futures.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I still wouldn't call them a reputable, non-biased news source by any stretch. They've been off the rails so long, when they actually call Trump on his lies or stupid statements occasionally, it seems like a big deal. Overall they're still a propaganda tool for the far right, they are catering to their target demo versus simply reporting news

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

i used to watch fox news now i lean more to podcasts o'reilly and beck they seem to talk some sense now they don't have to toe the fox line

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I think the only reasonable guy you might be hearing is Tucker.

.. but hey perhaps its under new management. I noticed the same thing.

And no Mandela effect, it was like all other networks before.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Legacy Media needs to die already.

DIE MF DIE

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Dizney/foX know which side the bread is buttered on.

It's just business...capitalism in action

deadline.com...

new topics

top topics

join