It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test positive but business as usual

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Okay, I noted in a recent post that I knew someone who just tested positive for "SARS-CoV-2, qPCR" and had no symptoms. She and her SO. I just chatted with her. She said they had no symptoms EXCEPT on November 13 they both felt achy. That was it. But their tests were "collected" on 11/17-19 respectively and they both tested positive. They live in TN and the Granger County Health dept. just called him at 4:30 today and told him he was fine to go out and about his business as usual and could go to work on Monday.

They are locking half the country down but letting people who test positive to go out and about. For the record they will continue quarantine of their own accord and are just as shocked as I am.

So regardless of no symptoms for 10 days but still testing positive says to me you are still carrying the bug and can contaminate others.

What does ATS have to say about this?

ETA: She just began quarantine a couple days ago and he not at all because he didn't have his test or results until yesterday.
edit on 21-11-2020 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I would say it depends on what information they are working on.

The test they use runs to 38 cycles which is way too sensitive. At that many cycles, they are detecting mere fragments of RNA, not even whole virus. A person who had active disease and beat it and is no longer ill or contagious can shed such fragments for up to 3 months. That's why you can be tested positive while symptomatic, be told to do your 14 days, and they don't retest you -- because you could continue to turn up positive even though you aren't sick and can't make others sick.

Dr. Fauci is on record as having said that people whose tests turned positive on 34, 35, 36 cycles shouldn't really be considered positive in the sense that they're either sick or contagious.

So perhaps his test just showed positive late in the process when it was in that range.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Either way, it's still a total disconnect between what is being fed to people, and in turn making them into utter medically paranoid basket cases of one hell of a high bar, aaaaand...telling people popping positives to simply carry on. That part doesn't jive with the first, does it?

Not nitpicking you, Ket, just pointing out an obvious contradiction that seems widespread at this point -- whip the public up into a crying, fearful frenzy, but go lax on positive testers. Makes no sense, unless you want to start looking at the seedy side of it.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Heh, my oldest nephew was exposed to a friend who got it and tested positive and had symptoms and he continued to go play video games during the entire quarantine, but no one required any test of any kind for him ... just that he lay out of school for the qt period.

Don't ask what my sister's thought process on it all was.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I have no clue why they would say just go on as usual with that result. I understand what Ketsuko said, but still it could be an early test for a virus which could give a result similar as the virus on the wane. Maybe there is something I do not know about evaluating that can distinguish a too early test from a three week in test, but I have not seen anything about that. I know they can rule out an older, not transmittable infection from an active one, I did read that in an article I read, and I also read too early a test can result in a similar result as an infection that has already run it's course.

Since I don't have enough information I just have to say I don't know if you should take their advice just to go out and spread it around.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Okay, but it hasn't even been 10 days since 'symptoms' AND they are testing positive...via nasal test. The paranoia we are being fed doesn't match the response by this medical facility. If a nasal swab detects the virus, wouldn't that mean you are breathing out those little boogers into the air????

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

They contact traced an asymptomatic positive case.

Out of around 1200 contacts, guess how many got ill? ZERO.

This was published in Nature.

What folks don't realize is that wearing masks, being locked down to protect people from the asymptomatic is largely meaningless. Quarantining the healthy is criminal.

edit on 21-11-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I live in Tennessee and there are no statewide restrictions for COVID of any kind. Our government cares more about the economy. Unless you live in a city like Memphis, Nashville, or Knoxville, your not under any obligation to quarantine. I went to the hospital in April with a fever and got tested, and although they told me to go home and quarantine until I got the results they actually called me a cab to go home because I had been dropped off. People here are slightly afraid of the virus, but we aren't willing to stop our daily lifestyles for it.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousNutjob

So? It's up to you to take care of yourself. Scary, I know.

Guess what? We live that way over in Missouri too. Our governor lets the counties and municipalities decide how they want and need to respond.

The Kansas governor tried to crack down and the counties told her where to stick it.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Okay, but it hasn't even been 10 days since 'symptoms' AND they are testing positive...via nasal test. The paranoia we are being fed doesn't match the response by this medical facility. If a nasal swab detects the virus, wouldn't that mean you are breathing out those little boogers into the air????

What I am hearing from some actual people working in hospitals and a few doctors I know is that this virus is extremely catchy and it can be dangerous for some people locally. But most of us do not have to worry about this virus. There are more people in the hospital with Covid now around here, but most have some other issues to which having the virus does not help them with. But no matter the reason they are in the hospital, if they are covid positive too, they are listed as a covid case for the hospital even if the reason they are there has no link to symptoms to that disease. If you already have pneumonia, bronchitis, or pleuracy, or the flu, it makes it easier for you to get the SarsCov2 virus. Some strains of the common cold virus may actually help protect you from getting a bad case though.

Some of the healthcare workers around here are freaking out because of people in the hospitals they work at, but those who know about this disease are not. Most of the healthcare workers are aware that by itself this disease is not that bad and it is not the disease alone that causes most hospitalizations. But there are some that believe that this is horrible, and their belief tends to make them focus on the virus. This virus can be bad, but the number of the patients in hospitals with covid is not real evidence that we are overburdened by this virus in hospitals. Some may be in the hospital for an existing heart problem coupled with having the covid infection which was caught on coming into the hospital for heart symptoms.

That is what I am hearing from some of the people working in the local hospital, of course there are some nurses and healthcare workers that are super brainwashed it is all the covid 19 but that is not true the majority of the time. If you have a bad heart, and when going into the hospital for an appointment they found covid with the congestive heart failure, they will admit you just in case....even some of the critical care units may have people in them that the risk factor is not their covid. But Covid does increase risk factor enough that they should be staying in the hospital with some of these health conditions. So, I am not downplaying this virus, I know people who have had it, one person died directly from covid involvement, but he did have copd to begin with along with meds to control the copd. In his case one of his meds probably canceled out the upped risk from the other. His was the only direct death I know of up here, most died from other conditions they had and died with covid, not from it.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Test positive but business as usual? Considering most businesses around here, other than big chain stores, are doing terrible, I think the new business as usual should be hurting like hell and a chance of going belly up. Doom and gloom in your title if you think about it that way

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
With infinite possibilities now days with the internet why not share this type of information. Best non contact. I don’t know I just know I get a cold around this time of year, every year I been on this earth. I survived, and so have you, because if not you wouldn’t have just seen what I’ve written.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS
With infinite possibilities now days with the internet why not share this type of information. Best non contact. I don’t know I just know I get a cold around this time of year, every year I been on this earth. I survived, and so have you, because if not you wouldn’t have just seen what I’ve written.

I just got over a three week cold, I get one almost every year. Could it have been a very mild covid? Who knows, but my granddaughter was around me a couple of days and she got tested and was negative, so was her mother, my daughter, she had something like the flu but it was not covid when she got the test.

I'm still here, the wife had her yearly cold too. Both of us were out in the damp and cold weather that day, we both got wet from the rain.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I guess people forget where they come from. Going through a bunch of shh!!+ in life, and becoming resilient. You should never forget those things. Best thing to do is just be you.

Cheers to you and your Fam

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yeah i recall it should be more like 32 cycles and 37 will give a lot of false positive.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This B.S. twitter.com... needs to come to an end.

If there was not a vaccine imminent, an overthrow of certain state government(s) would be nearing the execution phase.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
So regardless of no symptoms for 10 days but still testing positive says to me you are still carrying the bug and can contaminate others.

What does ATS have to say about this?

Or the test was...unsuccessful.

Perhaps your friend was brushed off by someone who is trained to brush people off who are maybe NOT ILL.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Misuse of RT-PCR technique

Asymptomatic 'Casedemic' Is a Perpetuation of Needless Fear

They use the test in wrong way purposely. The test give diifferent result with different CT values. Someone go to test because want to fly to another country, gets negative result...then fly to other country where they test again with different CT and get a positive result.

new topics

top topics

join