It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional Dems condemn execution of man convicted of heinous abuse, rape and murder of child

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
One can be against the death penalty, without defending individual murderers ya know.

It would be most likely cheaper to keep them in jail for life, and to let them go into general prison life then their hell might last a long time, BUT the one question I have is if that was your daughter and you walked up to it with a gun what would you do if the guy got on his knees and said don't shoot I give up?

If a person says I wouldn't shoot since I respect all life I would respect their beliefs even if I think they are crazy. If a person says they would blow the MFer away then that person should not be against the death penalty.

In this case the left might scream about this, but they look away when 2 teens get killed in CHAD, or like 9000 Blacks are killed by other Blacks per year and they say BLM is not about that.

edit on 22-11-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Please don't misunderstand me, personally I don't care what *anyone* thinks I am. I am whatever they say I am, and whatever they need me to be. I'm perfectly fine with that, don't give 2 craps... but it seems the majority of folks virtue signaling by being anti-death penalty very, very much do care what others think about them. So A leads to B, so on and so forth.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Please don't misunderstand me, personally I don't care what *anyone* thinks I am. I am whatever they say I am, and whatever they need me to be. I'm perfectly fine with that, don't give 2 craps... but it seems the majority of folks virtue signaling by being anti-death penalty very, very much do care what others think about them. So A leads to B, so on and so forth.

I disagree, it's not about appearances, it's about distrust of the system. It's ok, we can agree to disagree on it..I can only speak for myself anyway. And I'm not sad the guy bought it.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
More democrats politicking about how they are our moral superiors. Id guess they’d support the death penalty if it was their daughter under that sheet.

a reply to: trollz

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I'm not really talking about this dude, just general principal, the appeals are automatic under a death sentence.

Mine and a few others arguments aren't for this POS, it's because we don't trust the govt and a flawed justice system to get it absolutely right. The current estimate is 4% of people on death row are in fact innocent.

That makes two of us, because I'm not writing in reference to the man in the OP, but rather the information I added to the thread, regarding the human filth in my state that have ZERO ( 0 ) % of innocence; they've confessed to the whole deal, assault, robbery, rape and murder.

Conveniently, in these situations where guilt is an absolute unassailable fact, the bleeding hearts shift their argument from one of hypothetical innocence to the need for clemency, compassion, blah blah blah. Not calling you a 'bleeding heart' vonclod but there has to be some legal flexibility to deal with different circumstances in different cases.

The only, SOLE justification one would have in objecting to the death penalty in the story I linked would be on the basis of "inhumane nature" of capital punishment. So I guess while this pair of grease stains were raping and murdering the women of the Petit family, they temporarily relinquished their human identity?

I keep reading folks write that life imprisonment is this magical deterrent against crime, that living out one's life in jail is a worse fate than death. Do people honestly believe that?? That is an assumption built around the likely flawed idea that all of these criminals have a functional conscience.

I don't have time to research this now, but anyone know what the rate of suicide is among those sentenced to life imprisonment in the US? How about those on death row? At what % do those prisoners take their own lives?

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Liberals daily call for Trump and his supporters murder in the streets.

But this POS they think should live.

And you wonder we all consider liberals a joke.

Look at yourselves.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

Touchee, but I submit the cost of executions is rooted in needless litigation and exploitation of open and shut legal matters by attorneys to enrich themselves.

There is no basis for any kind of appeal, review or legal controversy here. The facts of this case are cut and dried.

I'm not really talking about this dude, just general principal, the appeals are automatic under a death sentence.

Mine and a few others arguments aren't for this POS, it's because we don't trust the govt and a flawed justice system to get it absolutely right. The current estimate is 4% of people on death row are in fact innocent.

It's interesting to me how the left leaning don't trust the government ... until they do.

Government can run out entire health care system. Government can control all of our education. It's awesome at those things.

But the left leaning don't trust the justice system any further than they they can throw it.

How is that that the government can absolutely be trusted with the first two, but not the latter?

You have a bad habit of putting words in peoples mouth's, or deciding who or what they think, STOP IT!!!..who are you talking about..me?? trusting govt???

In general.

It is generally people on the left who want more government involved in education, health care, etc.

But at the same time, they are against the death penalty and criminal justice because they see too much government in those things and don't trust it.

Why is that? If it's not trustworthy enough for the one, then it isn't for the others.
edit on 23-11-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

More Brown Supremacy on display by these Dems and their supporters.

They could care less what this guy did.

They only know he is black and can provide political points.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I support capital punishment, but I think the crime needs to be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, before it's carried out. I don't know what the statistics are on innocent people being locked up, but it does happen. But there are people on this planet who shouldn't be allowed life anymore. If you are one to rape, beat, and murder someone else (especially children), for example, you forfeit your life. IMO.

And I'm sorry, but I'm not really concerned with how humane the execution is.

edit on 11-23-2020 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: azvol

I never said that i personally didn't think this guy deserves death.

I said I understand that those against the death penalty are in no way condoning evil acts.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

So, basically they let this POS off the easy way. Kinda like shooting an injured horse, so it doesn’t have to endure anymore pain.

That’s why the death penalty is just short sighted stupidity.

You want to really punish a man for heinous crimes? Then make him live in his own head for the rest of his natural life.

No. I don’t want to punish guys like this and I don’t want to rehab guys like this. That cost me way too much in taxes.
Just turn off his lights.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So democrats who call for persecution of Republicans and even outright murder of them are upset a heinous rapist was put to death?

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: canuckster
So democrats who call for persecution of Republicans and even outright murder of them are upset a heinous rapist was put to death?

Add to that, putting innocent developing babies to death is perfectly fine as well.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
ketsuko your parents must have been wealthy enough to send you to privet schools . Last i checked Government does control all public schools and does a piss poor job of it .

Left right ? NO only fools trust any Government to do More then gain more power and money .
Problem is what Is the alternative ?
Trump ? Who you kidding Trump lives worked and is NOW president in the same system as every one else and If you think the Government would let JUST ONE man ( Trump change any thing without them wanting it then people really are deluded .

As for death BY Government it is one of the bigger investments many governments like to make .
Revenge well maybe there is something to revenge after all If it was my family and I seen the person doing it well revenge is enough of a reason .
Its only when there is no witness and its just the Government who cant get any thing right i hesitate .

Funny posters call them self's Right Republicans implying they do Trust government enough to pick a side .

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join