It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for clarity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The majority of the left has demonstrated that the constitutional rights of rural communities don't matter in elections. If the current cases referencing the 14th amendment equal protection clause and the ballot assistance given in the cities and not rural communities should not have any bearing on the state's voice. I must ask as a lefty where would you draw the line on rights?

If it is allowed to happen today to the right which it appears so then what will you do when it happens to you, Remember we are electing a man who once said these things nymag.com... & www.nbcnews.com... Will you still feel that opposition to a measure that is discriminatory to African American cant happen (using the same logic you used above) or www.donaldjtrump.com... If Biden backpedals on LGBT rights would you still be supportive of unconstitutional action then?

If you don't like the trump link try these www.youtube.com... and www.washingtonblade.com...

Or on women's rights www.nbcnews.com... & theintercept.com...

Or on criminal justice and the rights of victims of the drug war, www.vox.com... How about illegal immigration www.sun-sentinel.com...

If your ok with rights being violated and rules being broken against rural communities just because they have a different political view then which issue above will you have a problem with? The above stances are blurry in the constitution and with the current supreme court, rights could be eroded on all of these things. Not to specifically call you out but I am trying to wrap my head around the Biden supporters' animosity and willingness to back him. I am not even sure you can refer to him as a lefty as much of that base eroded and in all actuality, his past records point to him being farther right than Trump is.

Will we see the erasure of the equal protection clause by precedence because it appears with all the evidence of extra help in the process in cities has alienated a vast majority of rural communities.

While I know it is Likely that Biden carries this presidency due to the time needed to battle out these facts in court with each offending state I must know where will the left draw the line as it is apparent the 14th amendment is under assault.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

edit on 11/21/2020 by Nivhk because: Asking a legitimate question and I was derailing.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Wait'll rural America decides to burn an entire harvest ... and city folk starve to death.

Muwhahahahaha

edit on 21112020 by Snarl because: or ... eat each other

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

Until which policy comes into play and the equal protections act no longer applies because it has been rendered null by precedence? Now that half the nation has been alienated who will stand with minorities on the principal of the constitution. I suspect many are very short-sighted on the issue. The constitution supports many unpopular issues, but it supports many rights that have been afforded to all citizens.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I must ask as a lefty where would you draw the line on rights?

The human rights record for China as a lefty nation is rough. Dan Andrews, the idiot running the Melbourne lock downs has sold out the China, signed up for the Belts and Roads initiative. Who knows what else?

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Let me give you clarity. The vast majority of your post was attacking the man and his policies. It makes no difference who is in the running, it could be Mickey Mouse and Pluto, it's the act, the process that's at fault and that is what's the most dangerous for all Americans.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

Given their new found love of Communism, the calls for re-education, lists, and the rest, I am coming to the conclusion that with enough further brainwashing, our rights end in the camps these maniacs have fallen short of calling for.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

You are absolutely right. Was just pointing out the dots because Americans have a very short attention span. We could be replacing Biden with even more sorts of crazy in 4 years or sooner. The precedence is set to allow any sort of mayhem to occur. Who knows we could be seeing the rise of the fourth Reich or the merging with Russia or China in the coming years.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Let me give you clarity. The vast majority of your post was attacking the man and his policies. It makes no difference who is in the running, it could be Mickey Mouse and Pluto, it's the act, the process that's at fault and that is what's the most dangerous for all Americans.

What’s wrong with “attacking” the man and his policies? Have you and your friends not been attacking Trump and his policies for four straight years?

One is only allowed to criticize certain people in power, is that it?

Know what that looks like? What kind of ideology does that resemble?

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl
Read my past posts, I've never attacked Trump. In fact I said that Trump is one of the best Presidents the US have had. Time will tell.

top topics

join