It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Doesn't Exist. Period.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ah, you might not have noticed but this is a RELIGIOUS forum.

If you don't like the topics, don't read the threads.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I love the religion forum.

I love to refute religion every chance I get.

It's just so silly...

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You cannot see past the words saint4God?

They were drunk with the words of Jesus, caught up in everything that occured to themselves and to him, they could not see the truth or understand the gravity of the situation .. they were blinded by words and happenings, much like society and dare I say yourself.. but that would be an uneducated guess.. You read with bias because apparently everything Jesus could have said was put in that book, ... although it is interesting that only how many disciples books out of 12 made it into the book? and what is the name of the church and where is the pope? in ROME... Whom was it who washed their hands of Jesus' blood? yet Jesus taught us it isn't what goes into our mouths that defiles us but what come out.
Whom would feel guilt after realizing that he indeed was the savior? Perhaps the man who could have freed him? who was a representitive of Rome? Afterall there was a huge earthquake coincidentally... that would scare a lot of people... Now it's the Roman Catholic Church... ? and the Pope of Rome? ..
Whose men scourged Jesus? How guilty would they feel for killing him? especially since he went willingly to death? and wouldn't speak for himself?
I don't cast "that book" away so easily.. but people read and burden themselves with all the laws when Jesus told them the two commandments that encompass everything

Jesus says: "Tell no lie, and whatever you hate, do not do.

The Pharisees knew what they were doing, they enjoyed their laws and their rule. They didn't like Jesus coming and destroying what they built.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
They were drunk with the words of Jesus, caught up in everything that occured to themselves and to him, they could not see the truth or understand the gravity of the situation .. they were blinded by words and happenings, much like society and dare I say yourself.. but that would be an uneducated guess..

Indeed it would be.

You read with bias because apparently everything Jesus could have said was put in that book,

One is supposed have a relationship with Jesus that goes far beyond the Book, but it's a good place to start.

... although it is interesting that only how many disciples books out of 12 made it into the book?

For me if it's consistent, then it's the Word. If it is not, then it is not the Word. It's not that complicated really. If it becomes complicated, that's when a person needs to have a one-on-one with God.

and what is the name of the church and where is the pope? in ROME...

This makes no difference to me. It's like asking what I think about Siberia.

Whom was it who washed their hands of Jesus' blood?

We should all know the history of Christian influence in the Roman Empire. I'm reading it again just to see how it spread just prior in B.C. to A.D.

yet Jesus taught us it isn't what goes into our mouths that defiles us but what come out.
Whom would feel guilt after realizing that he indeed was the savior?

Paul...or so I would imagine.

Perhaps the man who could have freed him? who was a representitive of Rome? Afterall there was a huge earthquake coincidentally... that would scare a lot of people... Now it's the Roman Catholic Church... ? and the Pope of Rome? ..

Siberia.

Whose men scourged Jesus? How guilty would they feel for killing him? especially since he went willingly to death? and wouldn't speak for himself?

So...you're saying the Roman Empire was 'guilted' into accepted Christianity? That's an interesting take on it. I'd not heard it before.

I don't cast "that book" away so easily.. but people read and burden themselves with all the laws when Jesus told them the two commandments that encompass everything

Aha! Back on track! Yes, I love Matthew 22:34. It's one of my favorite Jesus statements.

Jesus says: "Tell no lie, and whatever you hate, do not do.

The Pharisees knew what they were doing, they enjoyed their laws and their rule. They didn't like Jesus coming and destroying what they built.

True dat. So ah, why again are you putting me on the Pharisees side?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just because you don't understand what is written down or just because it sounds out of place to you doesn't make it so. Just like most bible readers you enjoy taking pieces out of the book just like you take pieces of what I say to suit your response... They are familiar/alike because they understood it in such a way, Just because the other disciples understood it differently doesn't make it any less credible. Read the Nag Hamadi Library and ask for understanding instead of casting it aside as nonsense, theres a reason why it's in existance and there are reasons for its publicity as well as the Gospel of St. Thomas which stands alone as a very important gospel the church didn't like because Jesus dispelled the need for prayer and charity but can you understand why he would denounce such things? Since you read the bible so much I know you can find a passage where Jesus explains, although he doesn't outright say it, because the Romans would have had him killed aswell.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

the church didn't like because Jesus dispelled the need for prayer and charity but can you understand why he would denounce such things? Since you read the bible so much I know you can find a passage where Jesus explains, although he doesn't outright say it, because the Romans would have had him killed aswell.

Hm...I see Jesus praying to God. I see Jesus telling people to pray to God. I see people following Jesus telling people to pray to God.

I see Jesus saying to give to charity. I see Jesus giving charity. I see people following Jesus giving to charity.

I see Jesus being consistent in all these things.

Would you like quotes? Oh right, you've said you've read it. If that's true, then why pretend it's not all in there?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
NetChicken,

While we were discussing this topic, I remember a topic we were discussing regarding something around this topic in a Philosophy Class of mine about a year ago, and I went through some notes and found that it was Humes statement which was perfuctory to the topic. Sadly, I don't remember much of Humes works, as we skimmed through it, so I can't comment on his work and proposition, but I will now when I get time for future reference. I do have some of his work at home, just never touched them, Ive got many other books to read firstly.

Sorry about that.

Deep

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I have been watching this thread grow for days now...and every time I looked at the title all I could think of was, "what a silly nonsensical remark for anyone to make" and thinking it must be someone trying build points or something...it was just that silly to me. I haven't read all the responses and don't intend to...just thought I would throw in my 2 cents so it'll stop bothering me every time I see it...there are positive and negative forces...and some negatives are extremely negative....evil is something that goes so deeply against the fabric of ones society that they reside in, the rules they set in place to live by, that it's horrible, un thinkable...we define that as evil...so yes.....it exist. Hell to name something gives it life!

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Hm...I see Jesus praying to God. I see Jesus telling people to pray to God. I see people following Jesus telling people to pray to God.

I see Jesus saying to give to charity. I see Jesus giving charity. I see people following Jesus giving to charity.

I see Jesus being consistent in all these things.

Would you like quotes? Oh right, you've said you've read it. If that's true, then why pretend it's not all in there?

Man is it ever useless talking to you, nevermind..

and no I didn't create this thread for the points LadyV..

man a lot of people lack understanding for anything other than what they wish to understand...

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Trick question: What percentage of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Jainists, and Shintoists argue that evil arises from the human heart and therefore is not a chapter in human history?

Until 9/11, I always tended to think of evil as existing only in fairy tales and fiction. After seeing the 9/11 calamity on TV with some emphasis on learning who was responsible for the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and after reading about the Holocaust, it was clear to be that not only is evil no mere abstraction, it arises from the human heart and therefore has never existed as a single chapter in human history. As George W. Bush made clear in a speech at the US Holocaust Memorial Museum in April 2007:

...evil is not just a chapter in history -- it is a reality in the human heart. So this museum serves as a living reminder of what happens when good and decent people avert their eyes from hatred and murder. It honors those who died by serving as the conscience for those who live.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 02:05 AM
link   
If evil would've existed, it would've been the thing trying to destroy humans.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join