It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Doesn't Exist. Period.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Before my brother finished his work here on earth he told me there was no evil, he told me there are many Gods but only one true God that stands above the rest. He told me we are all Gods children and we are all equal and that ALL of us one day will be with God.

He told me that when we fulfill what we do here we will become the higher entity that we were ment to be. We all know when our day is.

I use to think that all of this was not important until my brother said goodbye and decided to leave this world 2 months before his 20th birthday. He told so many people his beliefs and then left this world with no explanation to his death. There was no cause of death on the autopsy report, only cause they could THINK of was that he had a heart attack.. but his heart was beating on it's own..

My brother shared a lot of knowledge with this world, he even sat down with a youth paster a month or so before he died and explained his theories to only be ridiculed. He never confessed to being a saint or a higher power.

With no evil in his world he had no enemies and knew that we are all equal.

3 hours before my brother left this world he wrote what was written above Jesus' cross and stated that it should have stated King of All not King of Jews as we are ALL Gods children.

I use to think that a lot of this was just talk until about 3-6 months after he died I had a dream of my brother. I did not see my brother in my dream, he told me to remember what he taught me and that we will see each other one day in heaven and that he was taking care of us all. This is the only dream that my brother came to visit me. He was a great teacher.

It is for all to decide what to believe now and it is becoming everso more difficult when our society has strayed. Continue to believe there is "evil" and it will exist only in your head and will continue to bring problems in your life. When you remove it, you can only move ahead. See you all on the flip side!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Interesting, the inability to discern good and evil objectively, consequently is fostered by the inadequate and confused ideas of reality which we percieve in relation to what our minds project on the external world which is devoid of human conventions, and only found in our own illusions. The complex totatity of the univerise does not contain a specific measure of emotional reactions to certain actions; why we assume as such is beyond me.

I've come back to only restate my opinion, and I feel it will fall on dear ears once again.

Humans, by intent, act upon thier own will, and not of anothers: humans are self-interested, self-regarding beings. Nary do we cognizance the actions of the universe without adhering in some format our own spatio-temporal existience; we laminate our own being upon the world as if it revolves around us. We foster our own emotions upon actions taken by natural occurances, or unatural occurances which are cirumstanced by man himself; for example: A women decides to slap a child who is not abiding by the laws of a domestic family, and in our perspective, as this instance occured in a shopping mall, we, whome may not be able to find substance in family ethos, seemingly assume that the women abused the child irrationaly, and continue to perceive it as evil, for we are beset with uncontrolled and conflicting emotions that becloud our own judgment of the action. This should be a clear example of subjective and relative judgment of 'GOOD' and 'EVIL'.

Deep

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by dnero6911
Ohhh I'm so sorry saint4God.... please tell me how to be a good christian like you...

1.) Believe in God
2.) Believe in Jesus Christ as teacher and saviour
3.) Sincerely apologize for your personal sins and do your best to do what's right.

So are you here telling me, I don't do these things? .. Your missing my point saint4God, I know you're intelligent .. stop trying to prove that.. or that you know scripture... there are countries where people have never read the bible and I will testify that they know GOD better than people who do read the bible.. perhaps even better.

You cannot go around saying you are a Saint of God... that isn't your judgement.. We only judge others according to the judgement we allow for ourselves... DO not exalt yourself... and that is what you have done, you have taken a seat of power, but what if someone more important than yourself were to come to the dinner? you will be asked to move and will be humbled...

Humble yourself, do not exalt yourself..

I have read the bible numerous times,
Jesus walks beside me, not behind me or infront of me.
I make no enemies, I forgive those who harm me, and I do not try my best to do what is right, I simply do it. In my opinion .. and when someone points out the error I calculate my position.

Are you men living with Gods mentalities
or
Are you Gods living with mens mentalities

Of course you aren't one to question God, neither am I... I'm sharing my opinion with him, ... God gave us free-will because he didn't want to be a baby sitter.. I don't expect anything from God... I expect things from myself.

Jesus isn't your master, he is your brother.

14 [13]. Jesus says to his disciples: "Compare me, and tell me whom I am like." Simon Peter says to him: "Thou art like a just angel!" Matthew says to him: "Thou art like a wise man and a philosopher!" Thomas says to him: "Master, my tongue cannot find words to say whom thou art like." Jesus says: "I am no longer thy master; for thou hast drunk, thou art inebriated from the bubbling spring which is mine and which I sent forth." Then he took him aside; he said three words to him. And when Thomas came back to his companions, they asked him: "What did Jesus say to thee?" And Thomas answered them: "If I tell you one of the words he said to me, you will take up stones and throw them at me, and fire will come out of the stones and consume you!"

But if you are a hater of the gnostic writings I will have to end my conversation with you short...

ZeroDeep, I'm sorry ... I agree with you... but I'm trying to explain something deeper than just the human aspect of it... it sucks when you have to spend half your time defending yourself... with all the people thinking I love murderers and rapists..
Your comments don't fall on deaf ears... not here anyhow .. I just didn't feel it necessary to comment on your reply because it was correct. lol

[edit on 22/3/05 by dnero6911]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I am gonna get back to topic:
If there is no evil, then what is good? Good is defined by evil. If there is no evil, then how can we define Good?
Evil is a disease that only Humans catch.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Dark_Man
If there is no evil, then what is good? Good is defined by evil. If there is no evil, then how can we define Good?

Oh this is all very on topic, ....

There is no good either.. it's all just light.... sure light can be dimmed, but it's still light..

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It seems many have lost sight of the fact that the opposite of good is bad... NOT EVIL!!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Why is the opposite of good bad?

I can think of plenty of instances where 'good' and 'bad' are only tied to a particular perception or bias.

This is the problem with the Truth... There really isn't any.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

We've been on topic throughout this whole thread, I think you may have lost track in the theological interpertation of events. The definition you provided is sound, however, we have furthermore discoursed the relativism inherent in our perception of Good and Evil and the need to realize that objectivley, Good and Evil do not exist in the grand scheme of things, but our laminations upon the external world.

Deep

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
In my opinion if you don't think evil exists, then
you also don't believe that humans need a conscience or that
morality is necessary either.
Humans with no morality or a conscience are usually considered
to be sociopaths.
If everyone was a sociopath there would be no civilization or
love in this world.

And what would be the point of that?

[edit on 17-3-2005 by elaine]

I am not going to say anything on this topic. I just wanted to wolf whistle at your avatar. Is that you in it Elaine???

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Evil doesn't exist?

What about the mass killer who posted here?

What about his actions, taking the lives of innocent children. Is that not evil?

What about the influences on his mind? Have you seen his pictures, his obsessions. Are not their images, images of evil?

We have seen the effects of evil. It infested a member here. For a while, he WAS evil.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Netchicken: You're right, but there is also the belief system that says death does not exist. What this means is that when you die, you go straight to heaven and soak in a hot-tub with God. As a result, the truth of the matter is that these dead ones are in a better place and look down on us (and our sadness) with tremendous pity. They pity us because we fear death and they know the truth: All pain and suffering ceases at death.

I believe that everyone who dies is immediately in the ecstacy of Heaven, regardless of the evil they did on Earth. Our need for 'vengeance' and 'justice' is taught (daily) to us by the megaphones of education. In fact, humans are usually not vengeful, but merciful and kind.

When a murder is committed, the evil we name is simply the pain we feel as we contemplate the future without that person in our life. It is we down here who have to suffer the loss of that love. We have invested time and emotions in those dead loved-ones. It is the abrupt loss of that connection which causes us to cry and name it "Evil". However when viewed on a larger context, we're just defining something that's relative.

We also keep replaying the event of their death in our heads which haunts us. If such pains are removed from the minds of those murdered ones, placed far away from them, then what are we upset about? They're the lucky ones now. Of course, I'm Irish, so the idea of a celebratory wake runs in my blood.

Some people have pierced this birth-death-rebirth cycle and there are plenty of texts discussing it. When viewed in this context, death can be seen for what it is: A return to the warm cradle of our creator's arms. Down here on Earth, it should be seen for what it is: The moment where a person's value in other's hearts is weighed and felt most strongly.

Indians understood this, I think. I find it to be a particular American tragedy that this young man was an American Indian. A creation of our past who clearly felt isolated --born of a race of people who have been isolated. I mean, a goth/skinhead/native-american? How much more isolated and fringe can you get?

One thing I always liked about Native American culture was how they would try to see the positive in whatever events happened in a man's life. If a guy was clumsy and fell off his horse, he might end up with a gimpy leg for the rest of his life with the tribe. Or maybe he'd end up wearing black moccasins and styling his hair in a different way. They would try to find a positive reason for his injury (or weirdness) and they would assimilate him into the tribe.

If anything is to be labelled evil, it's that this elementary kindness has been carved out of us.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Evil doesn't exist?

What about the mass killer who posted here?

What about his actions, taking the lives of innocent children. Is that not evil?

Here inlies the problem. So long as people simply label these actions 'evil', it absoves them of the responsibilty to find out exactly what is going on in the minds of people like these.

True, by a standard, the term 'evil' applies. But it really has no definition. You can't call something 'evil', and at the same time identify what the problem is in order to develop and implement a solution.

There was something wrong with this person's mind. Possibly he couldn't reconcile reality as we know it with the thoughts he had relating to it. Possibly he was in a state of identity crisis that caused a breakdown that led to an extremely violent outburst. Possibly he was psychologically abused as a child and now is unable to control an emotional reaction connected with that abuse.

To simply term something evil and leave it at that (which people who throw around the term generally do), is to completely avoid having to try to see things for what they are.

Unless, of course, the individual was actually possessed by an evil spirit, demon, or Satan himself for that matter.

To make a point, I just don't think its feasible that an entity, or energy, or influence from an outside force called 'evil' is the motivating factor for any hurtful action.

Are these actions evil? No, they are something else. But as long as we keep calling it evil, we will never find out what it truly is!

I feel the urge now to curse. Thank you very much.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I think the issue here is in the definition of "evil"

To believe in evil you have to accept the dicotomy of good / evil.
- That there is a force for good, and that there is a force of "anti good"

If you don't accept that as the basic belief then any discussion on evil is just shouting across each other.

So if evil is seen as just actions that happen to hurt someone, like a runaway truck killing a pedestrian then it doesn't exist.

Its just random actions acting upon carbon based lifeforms, as much as you step on ants without even noticing it when you walk.

But if the person is in charge of their facilties, deliberatly plans over a length of time the destruction of others, and carries that out, then to say its just a random act denies the will of the person to destroy others.

Its in the acting out of that will, to destroy, that is the outworking of evil. Its a mindset that is "anti-good"

It is in breaking down the person to mere psychological aspects, and antecedents such as poor childhood, that removes the responsibility of the action from the individual himself and reduces him to a mere automatom being led by past actions in his life. An out of control truck.

It denies evil, and denies free will.

You choose...

Was our shooter and "out of control truck" or did he choose and act out his choices?

[edit on 24-3-2005 by Netchicken]

[edit on 24-3-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Ohhh I'm so sorry saint4God.... please tell me how to be a good christian like you...

1.) Believe in God
2.) Believe in Jesus Christ as teacher and saviour
3.) Sincerely apologize for your personal sins and do your best to do what's right.

So are you here telling me, I don't do these things?

You did ask, I was just trying to answer. If you've sincerely prayed these things and accepted God into you're heart, I have comfort in that. As I've said before, I don't know you, I've just met you. Why are you asking me a question to which you already know the answer?

.. Your missing my point saint4God, I know you're intelligent .. stop trying to prove that..

I don't care about my intelligence.

or that you know scripture...

I wish! A basic understanding maybe, but I wouldn't have to tote the Book around if I knew scripture. Push my Book aside and ask me to quote something. I cannot do it. Given the choice though, I'd much rather understand what God says rather than pay lip-service to something I don't truly believe.

there are countries where people have never read the bible and I will testify that they know GOD better than people who do read the bible.. perhaps even better.

That may be and that's not for me to decide. My position is that the Bible can facilitate that process greatly. The danger comes in when someone knowingly rejects God. I'm not introducing God here, I'm the one saying to those who have heard of him that He wants each one of us to take a step to get to know Him.

You cannot go around saying you are a Saint of God...

I am a Christian. A servant of God. Both equate to saint. I am such for Him.

that isn't your judgement..

Do you think I woke up one day and said, "Ya know, I think I'd like to be a saint for God today."? Why do you think I take this job frivolously and without consultation with Him?

We only judge others according to the judgement we allow for ourselves...

I'm not to judge anyone.

DO not exalt yourself...

I think this is sound advice and will adhere to it, but it's not news to me.

and that is what you have done, you have taken a seat of power,

I'll stand accused. What power do I have?

but what if someone more important than yourself were to come to the dinner? you will be asked to move and will be humbled...

I am no more nor less important than any other person. We are brothers and sisters.

Humble yourself, do not exalt yourself..

Already addressed.

I have read the bible numerous times,
Jesus walks beside me, not behind me or infront of me.
I make no enemies, I forgive those who harm me, and I do not try my best to do what is right, I simply do it. In my opinion .. and when someone points out the error I calculate my position.

I'm interested. If doing what's right is pleasing to God, why would you not try to do right?

Are you men living with Gods mentalities
or
Are you Gods living with mens mentalities

Neither. I am a person with a person's mentality. This is how the Creator made me. This is how I am to be.

Of course you aren't one to question God, neither am I... I'm sharing my opinion with him, ... God gave us free-will because he didn't want to be a baby sitter.. I don't expect anything from God... I expect things from myself.

I can agree, however I think it's okay to ask God to reveal answers to you when it's hard to find direction just as it says in James 1:5:

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."

Jesus isn't your master, he is your brother.

I'm not going to go throught the pointless diligence to quote every time the word "Lord" and Jesus were used together when the Book is readily available for everyone. As you've said, you've read through it numerous times. The only choice in that case is to accept or deny.

14 [13]. Jesus says to his disciples: "Compare me, and tell me whom I am like." ...

But if you are a hater of the gnostic writings I will have to end my conversation with you short...

Chapter/verse 14 what? I'm sorry, can you narrow down the book for me? I am directed not to hate. This is contradictory to my Lord's teachings. Speaking of which, a reminder of Revelation 22:19 (where Jesus is still referred to as Lord, as throughout the rest of the Book):

"And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon."
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Netchicken ... already you've forgotten something very key...

those weren't his ideas... they were hitlers... he is adopting an idea from someone else because of the enviroment that he lives in.... he's grabbing at someone else foundation in his chaos.

saint4God:

You're missing the point altogether... What I'm trying to get thru to you is, that is only a book, Don't be thinking of it as a divine book, that is wholly wrong. There are tribes and cultures throughout the world where bibles don't exist, yet they still have unwavering faith in God, and his Son .. without reading the book.

and yes you have taken a seat of power, that is what a Saint is... it would be better for you to call yourself a beggar, or bum .. (not in a negative way) .. it would be better for you to call yourself a sinner, it would be better to be judged upwards not downwards..
and how can you say you don't judge anyone.. stop lying to yourself these things you think you have abolished from your life are merely hiding in every facet of your being. You may only tame anger and hate and jealousy.. etc... You cannot kill them, or destroy them.. that is a fabrication...
You should WANT to judge... but the only person you should judge is Yourself.. and yourself only. Others should only make you look inward, consider people as mirrors.

and as a man of God you should be concerned with your intelligence.. you just shouldn't believe it to be faithfully correct all the time.

and quite contrary if you were to read all the gnostic scriptures.. it is Jesus who was speaking.. you can even tell by his parables.. in the bible they've been shortened and put together, compacting them.
Not to mention (you should know this) .. it was Thomas who required physical proof that Jesus was who he said he was... and well in this day and age, people want physical proof.. but Thomas's books never made it into the bible.. odd enough.

Gospel of St. Thomas

You have to keep in mind saint4God that Jesus went against everything the pharisees or teachers of the law said... that is why the gospel of st. thomas appears to be "different" because the pharisees of today have written and compiled the book we consider the bible.
Every parable Jesus ever uttered is in Thomas, only in FULL no mixed together and put in other contexts. The bible teaches you of Jesus the Lord, the savior... but he has yet to be the savior, we haven't allowed him to be yet... he is still Jesus the man.

33 [28]. Jesus says: "I stood in the midst of the world, and in the flesh I manifested myself to them. I found them all drunk; I found none athirst among them. And my soul was afflicted for the children of men. Because they are blind in their heart and do not see, because they have come into the world empty, they seek still to go out from the world empty. But let someone come who will correct them! Then, when they have slept off their wine, they will repent."

48 [43]. His disciples said to him: "Who art thou, who tellest us these things?" "By the things that I tell you, do you not recognise who I am? But you yourselves have become like the Jews: they like the tree and detest the fruit, they like the fruit and detest the tree!"

It is a better approach to understand Jesus the man, before you try and tackle the job of understanding Jesus the Savior.

Do not limit your reading... in a battle it is best to know your enemy... so you can understand him.. turning anything away is in effect taking from the whole.

40 [35]. Jesus says: "It is not possible for someone to enter the house of a strong man and do him violence if he has not tied his hands: then will he plunder his house."

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Since everyone has different perspectives of good/evil then there can't be any middle ground. What I think is good, could bad by somebody else's terms. There is no good or evil, there is just the variables that make people do what they do.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

saint4God:

You're missing the point altogether... What I'm trying to get thru to you is, that is only a book, Don't be thinking of it as a divine book, that is wholly wrong.

How can the recorded words of God not be divine? You know, all those thousands of sentences where "God said..."? It may be easy for you to toss aside the whole Book, but for me I found God before the Book and was directed to it for study. Who am I to refuse that?

There are tribes and cultures throughout the world where bibles don't exist, yet they still have unwavering faith in God, and his Son .. without reading the book.

That's wonderfully remarkable and agree. I'm hoping someday to strenghten my connection to where I no longer have use for the book because it's all inside of me. As for today though, I am still learning.

and yes you have taken a seat of power, that is what a Saint is... it would be better for you to call yourself a beggar,

Again I ask, what power do I have?

I am not a spiritual beggar, God has given me what I need.

or bum .. (not in a negative way)

I am a bum in that I am inferior to God. I am not a bum in that I sponge off others and avoids work. (

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Is anyone familiar with Davide Hume? My mind has been beset the last few days as struggled with a distant memory of discourses read long ago, one of which was startingly perfuctory to this topic; I finaly came across it in Humes' "Treatise":

Take any action allowed to be vicous:willfull murder, for instance. Examine it in all its light, and see if you can find the matter of fact, or real existence, which you call vice....You can never find it, till your turn your affection into your own breast, and find sentiment of disapprobation, which arises in you, towards this action. Here is the matter of fact; but it is the object of feeling, not of reason. It lies in your self, not in the object. So that when you prenounce any action or character to be vicous, you mean nothing, but that from the constitution of your own nature you have a feeling of sentiment of blame from the conteplation of it.

I've also come to realize that, Net Chicken, also replied, and this above qoute goes perfectly in tune with this reply.

[edit on 24-3-2005 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nice one Zero!
Hume was indeed whom I was thinking of. He proposed how a human is just the outcome of a zillion inputs. (or something like that) so removed us from free will.

Personally i don't believe it, but we think the same thing about animals and plants, just reacting to their environments, without conscious abiity.

So Hume would see the killer as just a run away truck, a cosmic outcome of a billion inputs. Therefore he negates evil, or even good, as a force.

Its a cold universe he creates. ( mind you it was a looong time ago I read his works, I might not have pararphrased him that corectly. )

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is a thread on good and evil. Not a religious debate. Can't you people just keep your religions to yourselves? It really sucks having every thread on demons and good and evil, always becoming debates on how everyone should do this or that religion,or " here, modify your beliefs because I want you to" There is always some one ready to give religious advise to every person who doesn't want it! Can you guys just chill, and be ok with each other's beliefs?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join