It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Doesn't Exist. Period.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Yes depending on the persepective of people they decide to believe which is evil and not evil. I believe there is an unlimited range good -> neutral -> evil actions.

This also reminds me of people saying time does not exist. Actually it depends on our viewpoint, we give time a name and refer to it, relating it to things (eg - it took me 10 seconds to run to the door). If time does 'not exist' in our heads, how do we comprehend 10 seconds?

I guess it could just a play on words - I believe in morals and doing what generally feels right (aid in creating, helping others, prospering all with the least detrimental effects on others and myself).

One can think about things to an enormous extent but at the end of the day there are actions -> reactions. Things happen for reasons, be it good, evil, accidental, etc.

Just my .231 cents worth of hopefully sensical blabber

- Nazgarn

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The idea that evil doesn't exist is one of those New Age concepts that its enemies find monstrous, and the people who go around saying that evil doesn't exist are just repeating what lofty entities dwelling up in the 6th density, or wherever, say is the case from their Olympic perspective beyond good and evil, but in everyday life those same people make a clear distinction between actions that should be avoided, and thus are evil, like stabbing someone 50 times with a kitchen knife just for the fun of it, and acceptable actions, which are thus "good".

Those people are confusing an "explanation" with a "justification". Just because there is an underlying reason that explains every human action doesn't mean that this justifies the action, besides explaining it.

So maybe yes, it is a question of perspective. From the sublime point of view of a deity you can see everything in a detached manner. But for us, now, there are steps, and it behooves us to watch our footing and stop pretending we can go about behaving like the gods themselves.

DISCLAIMER: Many people are saying I am delusional, especially those calling themselves "freethinkers", so you had better be careful when reading the present message. It could shortcircuit your nervous pathways in the brain. Sorry!!!

Mac the Loon

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I will testify. I have heard it, felt it, and seen it. Put me on the stand. We all know the board policies against liars.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Wow a message from god you say, wow so tell me what do you get when you read god in reverse what kind of message from him is that then?

It is constantly repeated here DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I've been saying this for years. No one seems to understand me when I try to explain that the term 'evil' is simply a word used to describe acts that are considered wrong from the point of view of a particular belief system.

No, some people do understand and agree, but others will never accept it. Why? This is because it is easier to sleep at night thinking that evil is something Other people do. People who do not understand how to be Good or simply misunderstood just like you. It is just another way to divide Us from Them.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
evil does exist. EXCLAMATION POINT.

just goofing, but really do think there is evil.. but its all relative.

i think there is absolute good, and absolute evil, and everything we humans encounter is somwhere inbetween.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost
i think there is absolute good, and absolute evil, and everything we humans encounter is somwhere inbetween.

Hit the nail on the head! Simply put and accurately stated. Well done my friend

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well dnero, you are right, there is also no good, both evil and good are just perceptions of our awareness.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
so dniro's argument is, essentially, that evil doesn't exist because the evil-doer had a good intention ?

so the woman who cut the unborn baby out of that womans womb, and killed her so she could have a baby of her own, didn't committ an evil act because she had a good idea of raising a baby ?

thats twisted dude

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pretorian03
Wow a message from god you say,

The message wasn't from God.

wow so tell me what do you get when you read god in reverse what kind of message from him is that then?

Candidly, I'm not going to waste my time with Him on word games and anagrams. If you like those, I'd recommend:

www.wolinskyweb.net...

The phone line is open though if you'd like to give Him a call and ask Him yourself.

It is constantly repeated here DENY IGNORANCE!

I'm a firm believer in it. Denying ignorance reveals truth.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
so dniro's argument is, essentially, that evil doesn't exist because the evil-doer had a good intention ?

so the woman who cut the unborn baby out of that womans womb, and killed her so she could have a baby of her own, didn't committ an evil act because she had a good idea of raising a baby ?

thats twisted dude

No you're twisted dude..

Without humans there is no evil...
Without humans there is nothing else with perception, that we know of... or if they do ... they percieve the world a lot better than us...

That is essentially what I'm saying though " that evil doesn't exist because the evil-doer had a good intention"

Like if a tree falls in the woods and no ones around, does it make a sound..

Lets says those 3 individuals were the last 3 on the earth... (hypothetically) you never knew what happened, she ripped the kid out, raised the child and one day met you, and told you a story of how she "saved" the child from her dying mother, because that was most likely her perception .. Would you think that perception is evil?

All evil stems from good.. or people so mixed up in these "judgement" games they go nutty and then they lose all reason..... case example, When you punish people for things they thought were good. It causes problems.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911

thats twisted dude

No you're twisted dude..

Ha! The reason why you can not see it is that you are still perceiving it in terms of Good and Evil. To subtract one from the mixture is to invalidate the second.

Switch Good and Evil with positive and negative. If something is positive for your or your ideas/morality/value system we view it as Good. If something is against or the negative of your or your ideas/morality/value system then it is viewed as Evil. Since what is positive or negative for you and your beliefs is not the same as what is positive or negative for my beliefs there is no positive or negative in an Absolute sense. Hence there is no real universal Evil or Good; there are only perspectives on a situation or event.

BUT to answer your question more straight forward, the 'evildoer' (as you put it) acts as he/she does because it is positive (ie Good) towards their ideas/morality/value system.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
there is no good or evil, then there's no point. If there's no point, why post on a discussion board?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
there is no good or evil, then there's no point. If there's no point, why post on a discussion board?

It is just something to fill the void with. Besides the rest of nature gets along just fine without concepts of good and evil. The rain still falls and the world still turns. Morality seems irrelevant in matters such as these.

Perhaps morality has nothing to do with it all. Perhaps all of these actions and reactions that occur is just Existence attempting to experience itself through form. Whether the phenomenon is definable as good or evil is meaningless. Perhaps the simple fact that things occur is the point. The reason for everything to exist at all for that is what existence is.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
DeltaChaos, hit it on the spot.

Good and evil are social constructs used to describe taboos and generaly accepted behaviours in society, as they are also abstract notions --as would also be the case with God. In nature, such relative axioms do not exist. Be it resolved, that is such axioms existed in nature, it would truely suggest a 'other' power conducting judicial powers, however, we do not see this.

Good and evil exist so long as human praxeology, the advent of laws and generaly accepted behaviours have.

Deep

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
It is just something to fill the void with.

Noise. Hm.

Besides the rest of nature gets along just fine without concepts of good and evil. The rain still falls and the world still turns. Morality seems irrelevant in matters such as these.

Sounds empty. Why am I starting to feel depressed? Wait, it feels bad to be empty and depressed. This apathy thing isn't working out.

Perhaps morality has nothing to do with it all. Perhaps all of these actions and reactions that occur is just Existence attempting to experience itself through form. Whether the phenomenon is definable as good or evil is meaningless. Perhaps the simple fact that things occur is the point. The reason for everything to exist at all for that is what existence is.

Well, have fun with being out there. Er....wait, fun would be considered good so ah... have being.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Well, have fun with being out there. Er....wait, fun would be considered good so ah... have being.

When did I say that there was no such thing as enjoyment? Just because there is no Absolute good or evil does not mean that there is also no positive and negative in relationship to one's self.

If I may say so, the problem is that you seem to only see things in Absolute Good and Evil. When you win a game you feel good about it, but this does not make it Good in an absolute sense. I am sure that the person that lost the game might feel bad about losing, but that does not make them or the act of losing Evil does it?

Until you let go of the comforting concepts of Absolutes, you will not be able to conceive of a perspective beyond your own. Do as you will.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Happiness is not good, but a by-product of a successfully accomplished goal: I won a race today, ergo, I felt happy that I won.

As for absolute truths, well, when it comes to human nature, nary does one across any. Many philosophers have touted truism such as Kants Caterorical Imperative for example, but they too are subject to human nature, and more importantly, are beget by man himself.

2+2 = 4, correct? So, this would assum that 1 human plus another human would equal 2 humans, correct? What if one of these humans were 8 feet tall, and the other 4, do they still equal 2 humans? I know, this is privy to debate, however, our conception of one is subject to widespread debate and conundrum. One does not exist in nature, nor as a univerisly accepted axiom; only a concept of one exists, a concept humans create.

Deep

[edit on 18-3-2005 by ZeroDeep]

[edit on 18-3-2005 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911

thats twisted dude

No you're twisted dude..

Ha! The reason why you can not see it is that you are still perceiving it in terms of Good and Evil. To subtract one from the mixture is to invalidate the second.

I wasn't really debating..

and don't tell me what I can and cannot see.... lol
My words don't make me who I am.... they are flux..

I was merely showing the person its all matter of opinion .. a personal preference.. has no bearing on the person themselves... doesn't mean that person is twisted... you are whatever someone says you are.. until they think different.

Uhhh .. nevermind.. its obvious people don't get meaning. .they are stuck on reading and believing ... People say and do things not because of the words... but because of the meaning.. Can someone else put this in laymens terms or something.. ???!?!?!

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Damn! Some people are defensive. I thought it was obvious that I was not addressing you. Here is the stream:

syrinx high priest ~thats twisted dude
dnero6911~No you're twisted dude.
Jonna~Ha!

I laughed because it was funny, but if you are offended by my comment that let me just say that you are not funny. You are not funny at all!

I was laughing at your joke and addressing the opposing viewpoint to our (yours and mine) perspective on Evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join