It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Doesn't Exist. Period.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Evil doesn't exist period... Now I know LOTS of people are going to argue with me...
Why else would I speak, or write, or live?.... For the response it illicits.

Now then ..

Evil doesn't exist.... Why you may ask ?

First of all, have we established we haven't been alive forever? from the beginning of it all? and second ... in the animal world... an animal kills another for food or protection.... not for "fun". I believe fun would be a human thing.

Anyhow .. Next..

Well then one person would be able to say EVIL is inheritantly a human characteristic... right? ... well, somewhat..

EVIL is supposed to be bad .. right? .. well usually when someone does something bad ... they usually have a GOOD reason .. even if it is for themself a good reason and for no one else.... See where I'm going.. ???

Evil has never existed and still doesn't ... we've been manipulated for EONS and EONS .... our perceptions get the best of us, ALWAYS...

Only until you realize evil doesn't exist will you continue to give yourselves good reasons to do "bad" things...

humans live off of only a few basic things

1)Input-(5 Senses)
2)Belief
3)Perception

1+2+3=Life
take any away and the human ceases to be human.

MOD EDIT: CAPS TITLE.

[edit on 24-3-2005 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm sorry but evil does exist. What evil is EXACTLY can vary sometimes but it's real. What about all the children who are kidnapped and murdered every year by sickos? Is that not evil?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
In my opinion if you don't think evil exists, then
you also don't believe that humans need a conscience or that
morality is necessary either.
Humans with no morality or a conscience are usually considered
to be sociopaths.
If everyone was a sociopath there would be no civilization or
love in this world.

And what would be the point of that?

[edit on 17-3-2005 by elaine]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
i have to agree with ufo, the things that are done to children today cannot be expained any other way. Kidnapped, murdered, used for sexual purposes is not only just sick but as close to evil as I can think of. I'm not a big supporter of capital punishment, but in the case of hurting a child I fully support it. As the song says "when children have to play inside so they don't disappear", its time to break bad on those who hurt and kill our kids.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Yeh, Well those "sickos" had a good reason to do what they did....

Doesn't matter whether you think it was good or not.. they obviously thought it was good...

I'm not saying what people do is RIGHT ... but I'm saying EVIL does not exist... it's a fallacy ... a thought... a perception ... stop letting your bias get in the way of reality ...

All evil comes from a "good" idea... people don't kill another person because it was a bad idea for THEM ... they did it because they thought it was GOOD for them or someone else.. .

same thing with that pervert who wanted to get his member wet stealing someones kid... they thought it was a GOOD idea...

EVIL doesn't exist... stupid people do.

EDIT: To stop those things you have to make them BAD ideas......
you don't punish people when they thought what they were doing was right... that makes people loopy too.. then you get people who aren't themselves mentally... You get weirdos who won't go driving because GOD told them it was a bad idea.. People start rationalizing off of others... which is unhealthy people need to be able to rationalize proper thoughts on THEIR own .. without someone else FORCING thoughts.. the sick should be offered help not hinderence.. and anyone who does wrong is sick .. but people don't get sick for no reason ... theres always a GOOD reason ..

[edit on 17/3/05 by dnero6911]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Sounds like you're just going on with semantics. They're not evil now, they're stupid?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
You cant see evil. Or can you? You see the results of evil actions

Evil is a power- the opposite of good.

You cant see good. Or can you? You see the result of good actions

You cant touch it, you cant see it, you cant feel it, that doesnt mean it is not there.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

from dictionary.com
evil
adj. e·vil·er, e·vil·est
1. Morally bad or wrong; wicked: an evil tyrant.
2. Causing ruin, injury, or pain; harmful: the evil effects of a poor diet.
3. Characterized by or indicating future misfortune; ominous: evil omens.
4. Bad or blameworthy by report; infamous: an evil reputation.
5. Characterized by anger or spite; malicious: an evil temper.

Sounds like there's evil around to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Exactly steggyD.

If there was no evil, then how would we be able to identify good?

seekerof

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Evil is a hidden message from God, If you look at the word in reverse it will read "live" words seem to mean something diffrent than how they appear "evil" or it might of been a message from "Satan" by placing the hidden word first followed by Evil you come up with "LiveEvil".

see how stupid this is... just a play on letters and words. What do they really mean anyway? and is my theory an actual find or just an awesome imagination in finding interesting things out of nothing.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I've been saying this for years. No one seems to understand me when I try to explain that the term 'evil' is simply a word used to describe acts that are considered wrong from the point of view of a particular belief system.

And for political leaders and even common people to use this term to describe certain acts is no more than an attempt to illicit fervor amongst their own kind. For the rest of us, it is irrelevant.

The term evil is only a subjective term relative to the standpoint of one's own belief system. It is vague to the point of total indefinability. In order to truly understand what is going on in the world, we must use specific, tangible terms that accurately describe acts and situations so that everyone can relate to them in the same way.

The term 'EVIL' is evil itself, in that it confounds the mind, and further separates us from each other in our ideology.

Evil begets evil, and ignorance begets ignorance.

That's all I have to say about that.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Regardless of whether its just a word or not "evil" is still here. Evil, however you try and explain it shows itself in the actions of others, whether that person did it for a "good reason" or not is beside the point. If their reasoning caused their action then their reasoning was logically evil.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I've been saying this for years. No one seems to understand me when I try to explain that the term 'evil' is simply a word used to describe acts that are considered wrong from the point of view of a particular belief system.

And for political leaders and even common people to use this term to describe certain acts is no more than an attempt to illicit fervor amongst their own kind. For the rest of us, it is irrelevant.

The term evil is only a subjective term relative to the standpoint of one's own belief system. It is vague to the point of total indefinability. In order to truly understand what is going on in the world, we must use specific, tangible terms that accurately describe acts and situations so that everyone can relate to them in the same way.

The term 'EVIL' is evil itself, in that it confounds the mind, and further separates us from each other in our ideology.

And a car is only a word invented by people to describe a particular means of transportation. Therefore cars don't really exist.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Sure evil exists. It isnt absolute, though. Everyone single human being gets to choose whats evil to them. Although I'm sure most people find the same basic things "evil". It's just a concept we've built to weed out the people hold back mankind. Does it exist? Sure, it's subjective though, and it surely isnt from a magical God in the sky.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Uh, the term 'car' is a term that is accepted by everyone universally. A 'car' is a motor driven vehicle, with four wheels. The term 'car' is undisputed, so it works for everyone.

The term 'evil' is used to describe so many different things, and some of those things may be 'evil' to some, but not others.

We humans used to believe that some types of sicknesses came about by 'evil' spirits or demons entering the body, for example. We now know that these sicknesses are caused by bacteria and viruses. Are these bugs 'evil'? No. They are organisms, just trying to survive.

When a leader terms a group of people or a particular act or situation 'evil', well, he's talking out his ass and just trying to get a rise out of his constituency. He isn't doing anyone any favors by doing this, since it only brings the question for many of: "Why is this evil, and what is there to be done about it?

I mean, the general consensus about evil is that it exists, has always existed, and will always exist. So 'fighting evil', or 'evildoers', or an 'axis of evil' is just fighting something that has no real definition, and therefore can be modified by a group with an agenda to suit their particular needs or desires at any particular time.

If we are going to fight something, let it be something that has a definition that all people can relate to, rather than creating a division between the people by using such an indefinite term.

These definite terms exist, and I can guarantee you that the military planners are using names of individuals, places, groups of self-proclaimed enemies to define what we are up against. I can assure you they are not planning to fight and win battles against 'evil'. Evil is just an impractical term. It really has no useable meaning. It is simply used to illicit an emotional reaction.

This is why religions use it so heavily. It inspires fear, and fear which, like most fear, is unjustified and unreasonable.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by steggyD

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

And a car is only a word invented by people to describe a particular means of transportation. Therefore cars don't really exist.

No, cars do really exist, although im sure some people wouldnt classify American manufactered vehicles as "cars". Which is the whole point, it's subjective. Not everyone finds the samethings evil.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Everyone might not find the same things evil, but there is an evil. It might be subjective but its there. For it to be modified it has to exist, otherwise you'd be modifying nothing.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
You're confused DeltaChaos. Yes, I agree with what you say somewhat. Like watching GI Joe when I was younger. Everyone would say GI Joe are the good guys and Cobra's are the bad guys. I would say, well, if you were part of the Cobra, then wouldn't that side be the good guys to you. So, in that sense, it's only whatever side you are on.

But then, we would almost all agree that people who kill other people for no reason are evil. Well, I'm not going to go through an entire list, I'm sure we all understand what is morally wrong, just about every single culture, religion and even groups of atheists agree on a certain set of moral rights and wrongs. (see definition 1 from my post above)

[edit on 18-3-2005 by steggyD]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Oh evil exsists... its just in the eye of the beholder...

Everyone hasa reason for doing what they do, and as was said, they usually feel its a good reason.

There is no good and evil just people doing stuff that piss some people and not others off.... what is considered evil here, and now... may not be considered evil somewhere else in another time... its all about the taboos and rule place by society and the way we are todl we need to live...

I do alot i see as good and non-evil... example, i have premarital sex... why? because its fun and beneficial to all involved... others (i.e religious people) see it as evil as it 'disrespects women'... nope they wanna do it too so i dont see any disrespect... oh it violates the sanctity of virginity or some crap... nope our hormones say do... do it... if your hungry you eat... if your horny... well you get the point...

anyway in summary it depends on your values on what is evil... noone will ever have the same values thus you cant say what is good and evil.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
I do alot i see as good and non-evil... example, i have premarital sex... why? because its fun and beneficial to all involved... others (i.e religious people) see it as evil as it 'disrespects women'... nope they wanna do it too so i dont see any disrespect... oh it violates the sanctity of virginity or some crap... nope our hormones say do... do it... if your hungry you eat... if your horny... well you get the point...

STDs are beneficial? Pregnancy is beneficial? I must live under a rock. That's pretty cool dude.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join