It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the CIA Learned Cats Make Bad Spies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
www.history.com...

I know about staring at goats, but this has my minds slightly blown.

The Acoustic Kitty was a sort of feline-android hybrid—a cyborg cat. A surgeon implanted a microphone in its ear and a radio transmitter at the base of its skull. The surgeon also wove an antenna into the cat’s fur, writes science journalist Emily Anthes in Frankenstein’s Cat: Cuddling Up to Biotech’s Brave New Beasts.

CIA operatives hoped they could train the cat to sit near foreign officials. That way, the cat could secretly transmit their private conversations to CIA operatives.

“For its first official test, CIA staffers drove Acoustic Kitty to the park and tasked it with capturing the conversation of two men sitting on a bench,” Anthes writes. “Instead, the cat wandered into the street, where it was promptly squashed by a taxi”—not the outcome they were expecting.

You can't make this up, can you? Just the sheer amount of stupidity to think of trying this, let alone doing it, boggles my mind.

I don't know if this is real or not but if so, what the hell are we doing as a species? This is as stupid as stupid gets. Maybe I'm missing something here, it happens.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

CIA

Cats In Action

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I know from experience that you can train cats, but it has to be something the cat is already inclined to do. If the cat wasn't already inclined to go hang out around strange people, then they weren't going to have much luck.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Cats are Not double agents or even Tripple ones .
Cats are Quantum agents as they exist out side the normal space time and can be every ware in the Universe at once .
ADD the Fact the enemy only need to open a can of Tuna and the Cat sings lolol .

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think I have only "owned" one cat that would even be close to being able to accept this. And even then, I think she actually "owned" us.

Anyway, cats only tolerate us in some sense. But a human AI cat thing, wow, that would suck.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Pussy Galore should have keyed them in to that.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
go to hell covert cat. I didn't trust them to begin with.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

No way! This is absolutely.......

pawposterous

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sad for the poor cat.

I wonder how much money, the morons spent creating this "Frankencat". Only to have it killed so quickly.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The Acoustic Kitty was a sort of feline-android hybrid—a cyborg cat

Truth Cat Radio does make for a bad spy.

Sounds like another accident waiting to happen?

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

I don't know if this is real or not but if so, what the hell are we doing as a species? This is as stupid as stupid gets. Maybe I'm missing something here, it happens.

The russians strapped bombs to dogs and trained them to position themselves under tanks. Instead of training with german tanks, they used their own. The dogs did exactly what they were trained to do and destroyed russian tanks.

gizmodo.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

What's "stupid" about this? No risk to a human agent. No risk to an informant. Nobody would suspect the cat , or the squirrel, or the pigeon, or the butterfly...

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Sad for the poor cat.

I wonder how much money, the morons spent creating this "Frankencat". Only to have it killed so quickly.

Bruh or Bruhdette do you even ATS?

Clearly the cat being used as a spy was the cover story. The real story and success is the implant they placed in the cat that convinced the cat to commit suicide. Notice that after the cat died the project went away. Yeah right lets just give up . I bet the implants used 5G

edit on 261130America/ChicagoFri, 20 Nov 2020 16:26:08 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Cats are Not double agents or even Tripple ones .
Cats are Quantum agents as they exist out side the normal space time and can be every ware in the Universe at once .
ADD the Fact the enemy only need to open a can of Tuna and the Cat sings lolol .

Ahhh that is why they zip around so fast at three in the morning. It has been established in a long ago thread that cats are actually alien camcorders so...... spys

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

How long before the CIA could put a transmitters right into our brains..

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Wow, I forgot I started this thread. Anyway, in response to your post you should watch H+. It was on Youtube, don't know if it still is. Good story about the implanting of a device that lets you have the internet implanted in your brain and then it all goes on the fritz. Scary stuff.

a reply to: Jason79

That's dogs, and they are much different than cats. Come on, the only way to think this was a good idea was if you had ingested too much lsd.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
7 years, 3 months ago.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
7 years, 3 months ago.

Knew it.. Beep beep beep.

new topics

top topics