It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart and other stores are barred from selling non-essential items in some parts of the US.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: choos
you can still purchase the items from the store ie. online, just not in person at the store..

are you all being a little sensationalistic?

What about the poor people that don't have access to the internet or even a phone. How do they do that on line?

Hell, if I remember correctly, there are people of voting age in the US that don't even have access to a valid ID.

Never mind all that. How are all the dead people who voted going to shop?

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The article is from April, is there a reason the OP is trying to pass it off as current?

A mod noted this discrepancy and a few other posters mentioned it at least.

edit on 20-11-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I bought one of the last boxes of shotgun shells they had. Trump should freak the crap out of the deep state by authorizing that surplus government ammo( billions of rounds) be made available for sale to the public. Traitor Joe would have a seizure and go catatonic.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA
I posted one about it happening in the Wales, from Oct. 25th.

So what's the difference from it being reported in April and now again? I thought you stamped your feet at repeated topics.

If someone posted it and you saw another from April, you'd be right here saying "it's already been done, close the thread"

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
I posted one about it happening in the Wales, from Oct. 25th.

So what's the difference from it being reported in April and now again? I thought you stamped your feet at repeated topics.

If someone posted it and you saw another from April, you'd be right here saying "it's already been done, close the thread"

I have been consistent in my frustrations about what ATS has become: inaccuracy has become the norm .

The OP is trying to make the argument that these rules are being enforced again which is certainly something that should worry many people. Posting an article from April as being part of that new enforcement doesn't add any credence to the argument.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

manitoba.ca...

Updated public health orders come into effect on November 20, 2020, to further limit retail operations to help halt the spread of the COVID-19 virus

Retailers must also implement measures to ensure physical distancing. Retailers can continue to sell essential or non-essential items online, by telephone or by remote means for delivery or curb-side pick-up. A list of essential and non-essential items are set out in the orders as below.

November 20 is April now? This is still happening and new areas are being added almost weekly.

I guess even the mods on ats can't do a quick search before spouting nonsense.
edit on 20/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

manitoba.ca...

Updated public health orders come into effect on November 20, 2020, to further limit retail operations to help halt the spread of the COVID-19 virus

Retailers must also implement measures to ensure physical distancing. Retailers can continue to sell essential or non-essential items online, by telephone or by remote means for delivery or curb-side pick-up. A list of essential and non-essential items are set out in the orders as below.

November 20 is April now? This is still happening and new areas are being added almost weekly.

I guess even the mods on ats can't do a quick search before spouting nonsense.

Your OP linked to this article written on Apr 17, 2020, 3:37 PM: www.businessinsider.com...-1

Your OP doesn't link this article: manitoba.ca...

It's easy to see why your using an article from April is being called out just like if you used the Manitoba article you linked it would be easy to see how that backed up your case.

edit on 20-11-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

And it's fairly easy to do a quick search and see, it's all still going on.

I recall the days on ats where it was expected users would continue to research and discuss topics presented in the op and not get their quick little quote, make a snarky comment then move onto the next thread.

As this discussion has continued, several other users have pointed this out also. If i hadn't exceeded the 4 hour edit limit, I could have gone back and edited my post as further information came up.

edit on 20/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
LOL It happened in APril.. and now again in November. Not overly shocking.

Here..

Travel Restrictions

Tier 3 as of today

2 seconds research on a local news site..

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
In the beginning of the pandemic the chic fil a by me said they couldn't use tomatoe or lettuce.

Lasted a few months.

Too dangerous?

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

What is considered essential?

I went to a local mini-mallshopping center this week and they shut down a place selling clothes, but the place selling the scented candles was still open.

What about ammunition?

If you hunt to supplement your food, or if you need a gun to keep animals off of your farm, then ammunition is pretty much essential.

I heard that in Europe some stores refused to sell ladies sanitary products, as they were "non-essential",

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Whitmer told us that it's common knowledge that the science shows that gardening is a leading way to become infected with COVID and can lead to serious health issues as does wearing clothing. Beer and lottery tickets however, are too essential to the state.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is part of the world totalitarian movement and the virus is the pretext for controlling our lives and limiting what we can buy and do. Forget the old breadlines of the former Soviet Union!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join