It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart and other stores are barred from selling non-essential items in some parts of the US.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

you can, if it isnt right, return it.
waste of time and inconvenient but still possible, plus its temporary. dunno about rioting over it.
edit on 19-11-2020 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: choos

Online shopping isn't new.

Some folks understand the economic importance of shopping locally.

Ordering by edict to shop online isn't free market capitalism nor is it within the purview of government.

We have campaigns here about buying locally and especially from the shops on our main street. Its very important to our economy. The last lockdown put a lot of small businesses on the ropes. This one will leave us a ghost town. I dont think a ot of people understand the economic impact of that.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
So, why can't you in person?

I like to touch stuff, feel what I am buying, and pay cash.

Can't do that online.

Can’t do that in person either......until herd immunity or vaccine....

I miss touching stuff too - can’t try anything on.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I don't know about the Target and Walmart in my area, because I rarely visit those stores. But, the stores that I do visit have signs at their entrances that say that their dressing rooms and bathrooms are close, and, at this time, are not doing returns on clothing or shoes.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

originally posted by: chiefsmom
So, why can't you in person?

I like to touch stuff, feel what I am buying, and pay cash.

Can't do that online.

Can’t do that in person either......until herd immunity or vaccine....

I miss touching stuff too - can’t try anything on.

Amazon lets you try stuff on, even bras, and return it if you don't like it. No prob. I've been returning more than I buy, and they still LOVE me!

edit on 19-11-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

It makes sense, it stops people hangout out in a store browsing for hours on end.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Ok, so why is it ok with online stores, but not in brick and morter stores?

Makes no sense.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: LABTECH767

In Michigan, seeds for growing a vegetable garden as means of self-sufficiency was verboten last spring...or so I heard.

And you would be correct. The isles were taped off but I bought some anyway and planted a small garden. Things like furniture, toys, paint, gardening supplies, lots of other things were forbidden by WHitler last spring. That will happen again if we don't meet her "standards" over the next three weeks of the current "lock-down".

(post by Nyiah removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

One of the bras I ordered didn't fit, they told me to just keep it. I felt bad and donated it to a homeless shelter, and then joined "Prime Wardrobe", where they let your order 6, I think, items and you have 7 days to decide if you want to keep it, or return it. Last time I returned every one of them, damn size charts! So, I would imagine plenty of people exploit that and wear the items like crazy and then return them. In those cases, I imagine it goes like this:

Finally, thanks to Amazon wanting to dispose of its unwanted returns in as quick a time as possible to free up valuable warehouse space, the company is willing to sell its returned merchandise to resellers at a fraction of its MSRP value. That means you’ll get top-quality returns coming directly from Amazon at fantastically low prices.

www.directliquidation.com...

But, for the most part:

This happens only when you haven’t tampered with the original tags. In such cases, Amazon puts back the product on its website to be sold to other customers. In other cases where the product has been tampered with, the following options are considered. Returned to the manufacturer: This happens when the completely defective of damaged.

www.valuewalk.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Surprised a wild molotov cocktail hasn't crashed into her house yet.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I said in April of this year.

1. we live in an open door prison
2. govt. connections is what you'll have to have to travel, passport and shopping

3 we are all fk'd now

Trumps wall now is to keep us in.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

2. govt. connections is what you'll have to have to travel, passport and shopping

3 we are all fk'd now

Good thing our country has more guns than people.

All it takes is one spark.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Men are Entitled to " Burn Down Sheet " . It's in a " God Clause " Somewhere .

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

originally posted by: musicismagic

3 we are all fk'd now

Good thing our country has more guns than people.

All it takes is one spark.

Yes . Keep your Powder Dry , and your Wits About You Citizen .
edit on 19-11-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
As I also have prime wardrobe, please explain to me, how this is any different, from a brick and motor store?

So why is it different?
You are still not making any sense with that?

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Trybravissimo my wife and daughters swear by them and do buy try and return without problem.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Bigburgh

Men are Entitled to " Burn Down Sheet " . It's in a " God Clause " Somewhere .

Winter is approaching. New law now, you can not cut down trees for firewood.
Remember the govt. can now threaten to turn off your utilities. (possible in the future if you are not registered with the county of not getting a vaccine ) My new MIN's Street Talk for you folks.
Caught with firewood, heavy fine and to be confiscated .
Sad times if Biden gets into the Oval Office.

If you live in this country and return to the States and are an American, you can not return to this country. (some restrictions apply )

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Dressing rooms. Sweaty people trying stuff on, who knows, wiping their nose, or their kid's nose on the items. It's too hard for the staff to keep up with. They have an obligation to the customers and the staff to do the best they can to keep the safest environment as possible.

When packages are mailed, they're individually sealed in plastic bags, and/or cardboard, presumable go through some inhospitable temperature changes, and time. Also, from your own home, you can throw it in the dryer, spray it with alcohol or Lysol, whatever makes you happy, before trying it on.

For me, I bought one of those cheap black lights that can see biological residue, and check everything out with my trusty black light flashlight.

edit on 19-11-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

Trybravissimo my wife and daughters swear by them and do buy try and return without problem.

Bookmarked!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join