It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Secret U.S. plans for Iraq's Oil (BBC)

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well this news from the BBC certainly arrives as no surprise to anyone who actually followed what was leading up to the Iraqi invasion. I was hoping maybe some of you guys on ATS in the UK had seen this or knew where to get transcripts of clips from? It is nice to see some mainstream media getting to the bottom of things. I bet FOX won't be broadcsting this story...


www.baou.com...
Secret U.S. plans for Iraq's oil
Reporting for BBC Newsnight
by Greg Palast
BROOKLYN, NY -- (OfficialWire) -- 03/17/05 -- The Bush administration made plans for war and for Iraq's oil before the 9/11 attacks sparking a policy battle between neo-cons and Big Oil, BBC's Newsnight has revealed.

Two years ago today - when President George Bush announced US, British and Allied forces would begin to bomb Baghdad - protestors claimed the US had a secret plan for Iraq's oil once Saddam had been conquered.
In fact there were two conflicting plans, setting off a hidden policy war between neo-conservatives at the Pentagon, on one side, versus a combination of "Big Oil" executives and US State Department "pragmatists."
"Big Oil" appears to have won. The latest plan, obtained by Newsnight from the US State Department was, we learned, drafted with the help of American oil industry consultants.
Insiders told Newsnight that planning began "within weeks" of Bush's first taking office in 2001, long before the September 11th attack on the US.




posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Revealed? Been long revealed, Twitchy.
I am sorry this has just come to your revelation.
If I am not mistaken, I believe that you will find a number of threads on this and that Bush "planned" the invasion of Iraq before 9/11.

Some of those discussion will fall under PNAC, as well.





seekerof



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Revealed? Been long revealed, Twitchy.
I am sorry this has just come to your revelation.
If I am not mistaken, I believe that you will find a number of threads on this and that Bush "planned" the invasion of Iraq before 9/11.

Some of those discussion will fall under PNAC, as well.





seekerof

Yes, there have been other threads on ATS regarding prior plannings of the invasion, however, at the risk of sounding facetious, I repeat my opinion...


It is nice to see some mainstream media getting to the bottom of things.



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
My bias aside here, Twitchy, since most here know my position on much of this, I was merely indicating that this has been 'revealed' and 'revealed' by the mainstream press. Probably not to the degree you and others would prefer, but it has.



The topic is relevant and I hope discussion continues.




seekerof



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Occurs the goal of the war in Iraq was to profit from the oil, and create instability in the middle east.

People will rather keep the facts in the dark and will do anything to hide them, but by now the pro war propaganda has won many minds and news like this are relegated as just another thread to bash Bush.

Sad but that is the truth, the oil corporations has won and who cares at what expenses.



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
here you go

news.bbc.co.uk...




www.bbc.co.uk... - a free news service for the lied-to masses of America

R



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

as posted by Marg
...create instability in the middle east.

What instability would that be, Marg?
Palestine?
Libya?
Lebanon?
Israel?
Jordan?
Egypt?
Saudi Arabia?
Iraq?
Afghanistan?

Maybe you refer to Syria and Iran?





seekerof



posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by Marg
...create instability in the middle east.

What instability would that be, Marg?
Palestine?
Libya?
Lebanon?
Israel?
Jordan?
Egypt?
Saudi Arabia?
Iraq?
Afghanistan?

Maybe you refer to Syria and Iran?

seekerof


Yes, Seekerof, instability on the countries that US has tagged "Axis of evil"

But as you know, Iraq is also unstable and for Afghanistan well.............if growing fields of plants to be used for manufacturing of drugs is a stable economy in that country I guess you are right.

And for many of the other countries with the exception of Israel, they are not very stable countries after all.

But you still right.



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by Marg
...create instability in the middle east.

What instability would that be, Marg?
Palestine?
Libya?
Lebanon?
Israel?
Jordan?
Egypt?
Saudi Arabia?
Iraq?
Afghanistan?
Syria?
Iran?


The reason most of these countries ARE so instable is the fact that the US has been meddling in their affairs since the 70's... US backed terrorism etc... This is the reason why Islamic Fundamentalists dislike America... This is the reason why there is unsolved issues, this is why there is so much conflict in that area! Imperialistic expansion at its best....



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
actually Ghostsoldier, the instability has been goin on in the middle east long before America was even born.



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Well this news from the BBC certainly arrives as no surprise to anyone who actually followed what was leading up to the Iraqi invasion. I was hoping maybe some of you guys on ATS in the UK had seen this or knew where to get transcripts of clips from? It is nice to see some mainstream media getting to the bottom of things. I bet FOX won't be broadcsting this story...


www.baou.com...
Secret U.S. plans for Iraq's oil
Reporting for BBC Newsnight
by Greg Palast
BROOKLYN, NY -- (OfficialWire) -- 03/17/05 -- The Bush administration made plans for war and for Iraq's oil before the 9/11 attacks sparking a policy battle between neo-cons and Big Oil, BBC's Newsnight has revealed.

Two years ago today - when President George Bush announced US, British and Allied forces would begin to bomb Baghdad - protestors claimed the US had a secret plan for Iraq's oil once Saddam had been conquered.
In fact there were two conflicting plans, setting off a hidden policy war between neo-conservatives at the Pentagon, on one side, versus a combination of "Big Oil" executives and US State Department "pragmatists."
"Big Oil" appears to have won. The latest plan, obtained by Newsnight from the US State Department was, we learned, drafted with the help of American oil industry consultants.
Insiders told Newsnight that planning began "within weeks" of Bush's first taking office in 2001, long before the September 11th attack on the US.



Ok, the article states they had a plan. Well....uh, what WAS the plan?

Looking for links to the specific plan, NOT heresay or personal opinion.

Thanks



posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   


Originally posted by deltaboy
actually Ghostsoldier, the instability has been goin on in the middle east long before America was even born.


And you don't think that once the US saw this - they took advantage of it, and escalated it and perpetuated it, and continues to do so... To gain some strategic headway, at whatever cost to the "enemy"...



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join