It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan reverses decision to certify after being bullied

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
"They did. They voted, but never signed the certification. Until it is signed off on, it is not certified."

Still waiting on you to show your source for this.

I know I saw it in one article I read late at night, but can't find it. The only reference I can find right now is in one of Trumps tweets.

So, no reliable source.

That said... for anything this important, anyone that believes that there should not be a requirement for a formally signed certification document is... well, just dumb.

I would argue that, as long as the 2 Rs are willing to not cave again, and will swear in court that they rescinded their voice vote, that this is a very solid cause of action in court.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: network dude

What a Keystone Cop clown show these Republicans are putting on. First, they demand that the Secretary of State do an unofficial audit of other districts, already certified, before they certify Detroit's election. Then they find out that doing unofficial audits isn't a thing. Doing ad-hoc audits/recounts is not in the rules, neither is takesies backsies on certification. Certification papers were signed, sealed, and delivered.

Meanwhile Trumpists are LITERALLY sending death threats to the Georgia Secretary of State and his wife. But oh, these two were “intimidated”. Ok then.

First, neither you nor anyone else here knows what types of threats were made to the families in Wayne County.

Then how do you know threats were made?

Hearsay? Is it videotaped? Will it hold up in court?

Your questions are irrelevant. I stated clearly no one here knows. If it pleases your highness, I'll add "if any" to that statement. Happy?

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Honestly, these guys really should just vote according to their conscience.

I agree, who in good conscience would vote for this guy?

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

The issue is the r's already caved.

They can't legally take it back. Imagine the chaos of every election if the d and r's could just decide to take back a certification after the fact.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl

The issue is the r's already caved.

They can't legally take it back. Imagine the chaos of every election if the d and r's could just decide to take back a certification after the fact.

I can't find anything to back up what I know I read about them never signing the certification documents, so I'll have to set that aside, but...

If they were indeed bullied and physically threatened into changing their vote, that is called coercion and duress, and there is a very valid legal argument to be made that they can indeed 'take it back'.

If the SoS and Governor claim otherwise, they would have to go to court. I hope they do.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
November 23, 2020

BREAKING: Wayne County, MI election worker states in sworn affidavit that she was instructed to falsify THOUSANDS of absentee ballots in Detroit.

twitter.com...

No evidence say Democrats....LOL.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
November 23, 2020

BREAKING: Wayne County, MI election worker states in sworn affidavit that she was instructed to falsify THOUSANDS of absentee ballots in Detroit.

twitter.com...

Let me guess — she’s a Trump supporter — with no other worker to collaborate what she was requested to do and not do.

Just this one worker was given these instructions.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

November 23, 2020

twitter.com...

This is why I have a hard time buying these allegations-

Supposedly 70-80 other poll workers were there and were told to do the same thing. How many people would actually go along with such a thing and not question it’s legality?

Maybe it’s just me, but if I were there working and someone suggested changing the date on *ANYTHING* related to the ballots, I’d be asking for written confirmation that it was fully legal to do so before doing a damn thing.

For this to be plausible, there’d have to be 70-80 people that did not question this at all. While I’m aware common sense isn’t very common, that just seems like a bit much of a stretch. Why would they risk that direction being leaked out? Did they canvas the workers and only get left-leaning volunteers and assume they’d just keep quiet?

The bigger the accusations get, the less I’m likely to believe it. After that press conference Thursday, they basically said that every form of election fraud there was to commit was to be committed, in the most watched and scrutinized election this country has ever had. Supposedly this was done so half-assed on the Dems side that it’s easily provable (yet nothing is sticking so far).

I’m tryin’ to shove these square blocks in the round holes, but it ain’t workin’ for me.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

We all know there’s gonna be some fraud and human error.

But, massive, pre-planned, systematic, machine manipulation — blah, blah, blah

If it really does exist, and it’s that wide spread, there’d be more to talk about — than one election worker.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

November 23, 2020

twitter.com...

Let me guess — she’s a Trump supporter — with no other worker to collaborate what she was requested to do and not do.

There's half a dozen accounts just in that one source.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

November 23, 2020

twitter.com...

Still waiting for actual proof.

I’m not denying shenanigans go on on all sides.

But, so far — nothing has held up.
edit on 23-11-2020 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

November 23, 2020

twitter.com...

Still waiting for actual proof.

No, you're not.

You will use the same excuse over and over until an arbitrary threshold of fraud is reached.

So, what is that threshold Annee?

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

'You can't vote no' : GOP canvasser gets schooled at Michigan certification meeting.

Source: RAWSTORY - Nov. 23, 2020

www.rawstory.com...

It's effen about time for the fascist-led GOP to end there legacy of Jim Crow antics.

edit on 23-11-2020 by Erno86 because: added link and a sentence

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Michigan certifies Biden win

apnews.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Michigan certifies Biden win

apnews.com...

The door is now open for the Department of Justice to investigate the many sworn affidavits of Michigan fraud and cheating, as attorney general Barr instructed.

One example...

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sad so many people cheered the threats, and intimidation tactics on those 2 that resisted certification.

Shows how far our education system has fallen that anyone thinks that is a valid tactic.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The michigan state law says that an audit can't be done until after certification.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Trump administration officially authorizes Biden transition This comes as Biden's transition has been hampered by the GSA amid Trump falsely claiming victory and fighting the certification of votes in several swing states.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Link?

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Link?

Someone started a thread

new topics

top topics