It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Truth Possible On ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The difference here is Boadicea is you've voiced a very reasonable response to myself and cited Obama era trolls as an example. An example that I cannot really dispute as I cannot recall the atmosphere at that time.

And you now have a long detailed response to blue with reasoning.

This is not the norm. And it won't be long till even this thread is flooded with resident trolls spewing the latest thread killing catchphrases.

This is a website that puts all Q content into one thread, and then deletes from that thread anything that is not pro-Q.
It is far from a balanced medium, akin to Twitter.

I'm sure if I posted crying meme's alongside Russian models blowing smoke on the first page of every "Election fraud" thread created I would of been "cancelled" by now. It is what it is. This websites priorities seem more aligned with pushing clickbait conspiracies (Q) rather than debunking and discussing them, perhaps its a revenue and traffic decision.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Hamlin

But if you want to look deeper into why ATS has turned this way its because ATS either willfully or not has allowed right wing trolls to infest it.

Bravo sierra. The "right wing trolls" of today are no better or worse than the left wing trolls of the Obama years. Nothing is stopping the left from making their case. ATS isn't banning the left from posting. If the left aren't represented it's because they cannot or will not engage.

But, of course, that's what cancel culture's all about, right? Why engage when you can just shut them down... except on ATS. And that's the real problem, eh???

I don't remember this site being very political before Donald Trump got involved with politics. Definitely there was nothing like what we've seen over that last 4 years.

Also, I don't like associating "left wing trolls" with Obama, because there was nothing remotely left wing about him.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Hamlin

That may not be the norm for everyone on this forum but Boa's responses are always like that.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

I have often had what I thought were humorous responses to other posters removed as "off topic" while, in the same topic thread, numerous posters do nothing but insult others, and don't contribute to the thread, not even humorously, but their posts remain. So...

LOL -- you and me both! I don't get it... but I obviously don't have to. And I'll just be thankful that getting my hand smacked is the worst that I've suffered at ATS. I've been banned for life by a couple of conservative websites

However, I do not envy the Mods and I sure don't want their job! So I do try to behave... usually.

I always try and remain polite but I must admit, I have started to make the occasional alert to the mods when someone is just not participating in reasoned debate. Perhaps if we all began to do that, the penny might drop?

edit on 19/11/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It is over 10 years on ATS now. I came here after getting censored on another site, it sucks. It is a big world with lots going on, the truth encapsulates humanity. We will never know it all. I have noticed a few things shut down over the years. Overall I have found ATS to be a strong bastion. There are lots of views and disagreements, you will find what you seek.

Some views will raise your blood pressure, as long as you can keep it civil, slaying the ignorance is where it is at.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I have often had what I thought were humorous responses to other posters removed as "off topic" while, in the same topic thread, numerous posters do nothing but insult others, and don't contribute to the thread, not even humorously, but their posts remain. So...

LOL -- you and me both! I don't get it... but I obviously don't have to. And I'll just be thankful that getting my hand smacked is the worst that I've suffered at ATS. I've been banned for life by a couple of conservative websites

However, I do not envy the Mods and I sure don't want their job! So I do try to behave... usually.

I just chuckle when my posts get removed now, especially if they’re removed for “Manners” or a “Serious TOS Violation”. You can openly express your enthusiasm for shooting people you don’t agree with or call a left-leaning member every name you can throw at them, but something like “I question your ability to decipher information due to the a low level of intelligence”....that’s bad manners!

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

And I will continue in my quest to point out that I'm not a leftist, but I am in fact, centrist.

I disagree. More of a disgrace to Julian Assange. Wear that mask as you will.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Agreed.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
“I question your people's ability to decipher information due to the a low level of intelligence”....that’s bad manners!

Personal = bad, general comment = not so bad.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bluesilver

In a word, no.

I say that because its partisan and paranoid.

Truth has become subjective to political belief, as has been proven by Covid, MAGA and the current election shambles.

Blind ignorance is also rife, with people choosing not to look beyond their own noses in a lot of cases.

Personally, I'm all for alternative thinking, but I draw the line at obvious alternative reality in the day to day world. There are many, many posters on ATS who simply live in their own reality these days. Its sad to see and I am genuinely concerned for their mental health.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hamlin
a reply to: Boadicea

The difference here is Boadicea is you've voiced a very reasonable response to myself...And you now have a long detailed response to blue with reasoning.

Thank you for that!

...and cited Obama era trolls as an example. An example that I cannot really dispute as I cannot recall the atmosphere at that time.

In a nutshell, in the Obama-era, anything and everything that did not support Obama was "racist." There was no discussion. It was the very beginnings of Critical Race Theory in practice; anything and everything said was inherently racist because everyone not Black must be inherently racist.

And when/if Biden is in the White House, we will probably be hearing much more about this again, as the topics turn to what Biden is saying or doing rather than what Trump is saying or doing, and as Biden promotes and imposes that Critical Race Theory ideology again.

This websites priorities seem more aligned with pushing clickbait conspiracies (Q) rather than debunking and discussing them, perhaps its a revenue and traffic decision.

Well, I cannot pretend to always understand (or agree with) the Mods' decisions in terms of what is allowed to stand and what is not... or who is tolerated and who is banned. So you've got me there! At the same time, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes either, and have to babysit a bunch of child-adults bickering like 5-year-olds on a playground.

Q is probably a good example. Q is a thing. If ATS banned any mention of Q, that would be a problem in itself as well. I find the concept of a single Q thread curious, but at the same time, perhaps most practical under the circumstances?

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

And I will continue in my quest to point out that I'm not a leftist, but I am in fact, centrist.

I disagree. More of a disgrace to Julian Assange. Wear that mask as you will.

Julian Assange isn't my hero, and I also don't agree with everything he says and does. But I do stand against those who would make him out to be a criminal, when he's just really another news magnate.

You see, being centrist is not taking a position siding with the right-wing, or taking a position siding with the left-wing. I can be critical of both and expose their injustices because I am disconnected from having to take up a 'group compatible' view. I can be an individual and a societal member, as I see fit. I can use my own conscience as a guide.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

But I do stand against those who would make him out to be a criminal,

You want to make the truth a criminal?.... Good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

I don't remember this site being very political before Donald Trump got involved with politics. Definitely there was nothing like what we've seen over that last 4 years.

Oh my... not political??? You don't remember the countless Birther threads on natural born citizenship eligibility? Or the "you're just racist" kneejerk responses to anyone criticizing Obama for anything? How about the name calling for anyone that didn't support gay marriage? For anyone who didn't want to bake a cake for a gay marriage? And Heaven forbid you don't believe a man who identifies as a woman is a real woman!!!

Also, I don't like associating "left wing trolls" with Obama, because there was nothing remotely left wing about him.

Well, you may not like it, but Obama is very much a part of the left. Quibble about whether he's "left light" or "extreme left" or anywhere in between but he is definitely part of the left!!!
edit on 19-11-2020 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

But I do stand against those who would make him out to be a criminal,

You want to make the truth a criminal?.... Good luck with that.

What crime has he committed?

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

Well, you may not like it, but Obama is very much a part of the left. Quibble about whether he's "left light" or "extreme left" or anywhere in between but he is definitely part of the left!!!

Almost everyone is to the left of someone on the right. Almost everyone is on the right of someone on the left. The truth is, there are far more in the middle than there are at the extremes.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I always try and remain polite but I must admit, I have started to make the occasional alert to the mods when someone is just not participating in reasoned debate. Perhaps if we all began to do that, the penny might drop?

I definitely think there are occasions -- albeit few and far between! -- where yes, it is appropriate to report. Particularly when it becomes abusive, and that does seem to be happening more and more.

I think I've reported three comments the entire time I've been here, and one time was for the OP's own protection. I was loathe to do it, but I considered the alternative even worse.

So yes, you may be right about if more such posts were reported and removed.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bluesilver

Sitting in a bunker here behind my wall
Waiting for the worms to come
In perfect isolation here behind my wall
Waiting for the worms to come
Waiting to cut out the deadwood
Waiting to clean up the city
Waiting to follow the worms
Waiting to put on a black shirt
Waiting to weed out the weaklings
Waiting to smash in their windows
And kick in their doors
Waiting for the final solution
To strengthen the strain
Waiting to follow the worms
Waiting to turn on the showers
And fire the ovens
Waiting for the queers and the coons
And the reds and the Jews...

(Roger Waters)

Cool thread!
By the way, has xuenchen already expressed himself on this topic? Because he is a good example.
edit on 19-11-2020 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

What crime has he committed?

Exposing Hillary Clinton was the one that locked him up. The Podesta emails makes a clear case. Have you watched the frazzle drip saga? Sidney Powell and the NYC police chief called it out. About 9 of the 12 officers that have seen it are dead.

This stuff is toxic. you want to hide and cover then get out of the way.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join