It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Truth Possible On ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Errr dude...

Check out the r/Abovetopsecret.com

Some really messed up stuff going on over there regarding me, you and another member but you seem to be the main target, I don't know if there is anything you can do about it but might be worth looking into.

These people are honestly disgusting.

Ah, yes, my fan club. It's like a septic tank for the people who got tossed from here and think I got them banned when it was their own stupid behavior that did.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Lol there is this other nut job that runs the atlantean conspiracy website (flat earther guy) that has a hard on for AM.

Thinks he and a few others are CIA disinformation agents.

edit on 19-11-2020 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Thinks he and a few others are CIA disinformation agents.

Wellllllllll..........

Nah, just kidding. It's actually the NSA.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bluesilver
Your wrong, this is not a place about finding and presenting the truth. You take too much for granted. This place is about posters presenting what they believe is the truth. It's up to you whether you believe it or not, but the premise is posters present what they present and it's up to YOU to go and find out the truth of the matter.
Now, take for example the MSM whether it's biased or not. Go and check yourself and actually see the pure evidence of bias. If you can't see that then there is no hope for you.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Hamlin

But if you want to look deeper into why ATS has turned this way its because ATS either willfully or not has allowed right wing trolls to infest it.

ATS isn't banning the left from posting.

I'm sure that point could be contested. Just take a look at the off-duty mods in the 2020 election thread gleefully trolling the left when they thought Trump was winning. This site and its moderation/ownership lean heavily right.

From personal experience I like the mods but I would argue that right wing trolls are granted greater freedom to disrupt and dissuade people voicing opposing threads.

Any anti-Trump thread penned over the last couple years were greeted by junk meme's, one word trolls, reee's all from the usual suspects.

They cannot engage because they cannot post.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Errr dude...

Check out the r/Abovetopsecret.com

Some really messed up stuff going on over there regarding me, you and another member but you seem to be the main target, I don't know if there is anything you can do about it but might be worth looking into.

These people are honestly disgusting.

Ah, yes, my fan club. It's like a septic tank for the people who got tossed from here and think I got them banned when it was their own stupid behavior that did.

Its crazy how triggered some of them get.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I never agreed with politics on ats really. Politics to me is what old people get all passionate about because they are bored, but since the invent of the internet and social media and it being cheap and ez for people to get on social media we have politics all over the place now, even on ats a conspiracy site 🤷‍♂️.

Here is your answer.

Politics itself hides real TRUTHS with lies, everyday because so many people are brainwashed by it, truths get skewed and lies and intrigue get people lost in understanding what it is they are believing etc. ex. (trump, proclaiming he is not a politician, or obama, proclaiming you can keep your doctor, and your health insurance rates won’t go up etc.)I learned to stay far far far out of politics when at a wee young age I figured out almost all senators and congressmen were lawyers.

Attempting to proclaim a truth from the press period well that is ignorant and asking ats for truths from the press is blasphemy. The front page of ats is definitely a sign of the times indeed.

Anyhow 👍
edit on 19-11-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Its crazy how triggered some of them get.

Funny thing is I don't remember any of them. I kinda feel bad I made such a huge impact on their lives and they were completely unmemorable for me.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Yea, NSA is good that way you can read this guys text messages.

That's comedy gold right there.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesilver
The member whose name sounds like sentence that Yoda might say about his dongle could fall into that category too.

BOOM!!

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hamlin

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Hamlin

But if you want to look deeper into why ATS has turned this way its because ATS either willfully or not has allowed right wing trolls to infest it.

ATS isn't banning the left from posting.

I'm sure that point could be contested. Just take a look at the off-duty mods in the 2020 election thread gleefully trolling the left when they thought Trump was winning. This site and its moderation/ownership lean heavily right.

From personal experience I like the mods but I would argue that right wing trolls are granted greater freedom to disrupt and dissuade people voicing opposing threads.

Any anti-Trump thread penned over the last couple years were greeted by junk meme's, one word trolls, reee's all from the usual suspects.

They cannot engage because they cannot post.

This, 100% this!

I have lost count the number of times I have got into these stupid arguments, they don't debate issues they insult.

With cries of REEE...TDS....Libtard... and so it goes on and on, some of them, am gonna shout out FauxMulder, are actually half decent and can put together a coherent argument and decadent bit of chat. Unfortunately though there are loads who just make some really stupid bloody posts and get away with. I had a member accuse me and several others of being "pro-rape", pretty sure they're still poising.

This is a huge problem because its put off lots of the more left leaning members and the result is that this site is, for the most part a right leaning echo chamber where leftists are beaten down into submission. Most just leave.

I think as we have seen on this thread, there seems to be a very strong suspension that this has been a deliberate effort by other more nafarious right-wing online groups to target ATS in this way.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
gotta say i'm impressed with how little right wing ranting this thread has had so far, well done everyone.... is there hope for ats yet?

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

But there will be no agreement as long as people like being selective with their truths.

It just seems ridiculous to me that we have post after post stating 'facts'...

Hence the importance of individuals being able to distinguish between facts and opinions.

... which have come from obviously biased sources...

Which is pretty much all we have since the end of the Fairness Doctrine... and the revision of the Smith-Mundt Act to allow government propaganda on the masses.

...with no attempt to actually investigate whether it is true or not.

Actually, many people do in fact go beyond the source link to not only further confirm or debunk with additional sources, but to simply expand their understanding of the issue, and varying perspectives.

Let's also recognize that much of what we are told is rumor and gossip to begin with, from anonymous sources, that cannot be confirmed or debunked. All we can be sure of is that someone is saying that -- not the truth of what they are saying.

And if we want to get to the truth of pretty much any matter, then we need to put an end to the many many ways that truth is made criminal, from nondisclosure clauses to gag orders and even secret courts.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Meh, no one cares enough to add me to their fan clubs. There was even a thread thinking I was a ghost in the shell kind of an account because I dropped a warn on them after I had been a mod for five years. In fact I recall not having a birthday until a couple month later when I was 15.

But once I did have a 25 hour birthday that started in a bar in Knoxville, TN and ended up in a bar in Dallas, TX and being one of the last people to legally smoke a cigarette on a plane. So it isn’t all bad.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The real leftist debaters left ATS when Hillary lost the election .
Now , for the most part , the only ones left are the foreign leftist and one "Noid" .
So , the remainder start threads like this after they got their "taters tore up" in the mudpit looking for sympathy .
Misery loves company.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Meh, no one cares enough to add me to their fan clubs.

I'll loan you some of my fans, they're very 'passionate'.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Damnit man. Now all my right-wing friends are gona blackball me.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I have often had what I thought were humorous responses to other posters removed as "off topic" while, in the same topic thread, numerous posters do nothing but insult others, and don't contribute to the thread, not even humorously, but their posts remain. So...

LOL -- you and me both! I don't get it... but I obviously don't have to. And I'll just be thankful that getting my hand smacked is the worst that I've suffered at ATS. I've been banned for life by a couple of conservative websites

However, I do not envy the Mods and I sure don't want their job! So I do try to behave... usually.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join