It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dressing up, nowhere to go...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
These stupid people and there lack of (what I call, “forward calculus”, where you try and predict what your answer really means), their awareness of their actions and what some of the consequences are!

That is “forward calculus”! It is usually coupled to, “What the hell did you think was going happen!!??!!”

Right now, I sit at bar/restaurant where I have been coming to since 1994. I am here so often that most people say that the barstool should have my name on it! Really, an hour ago my sister called me here to say she has a new phone and I need to call her to be added back to her contacts (serious account issues that I have not asked about, as being a guy, would want to fix! lol).

The talk is that the mayor (unelected, as our last one stepped down in shame), is going to shut down all bars and restaurants this Monday.

How long?

I don’t care. I really don’t effin care. Because now we are talking Thanksgiving dinner that the mayor is now effin with!

MY thanksgiving dinner!!!

The only two things that I tell my buddies not to mess with: my beer, and, my food!

Once, someone did. We rolled over the couch while throwing full on punches!

That is how serious I am!

At the very least, allow us single people to go out and have a Thanksgiving Day meal at the bar or restaurant of our choice!!

And that is just us patrons!

Here is a Facebook post from the manager of a local brewery I also hang out at since it close to work...

m.facebook.com...

Why do idiots have to be sheeple and run off the lemming cliff into the ocean with NO THOUGHT OF THEIR OWN ACTIONS and the PAIN it inflicts on the rest us?!!!

The public they are supposed to represent??

In Anchorage, dreading my week off work with nothing to do and, what now looks like a “solution to a problem that doesn’t exist”, killing my effin dinner...

GAH!!!

-TEOT
edit on 18-11-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Pronouns are good...

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I feel your pain.
It's just me and my husband....and this year for the first time we were going to eat out for Thanksgiving.

NOPE.
Ms Whitmer in Michigan thinks she knows better.

GAH!!!!
Not many restaurants want to bother on T-day with take outs only

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
We bought a small turkey, ten and a half pounds, to have for dinner, just the wife and I and the two cats. We are all having our own thanksgiving dinners this year....well, it will be nice not to have to cook for sixteen people this year and clean up after they are gone.

So, the kids want us to still cook dinner and bring it to them complete with cherry and blueberry pies.
They can cook their own dinner.

I can't believe that they even asked us to bring food over for them.

here, the cat is sitting in my lap and wants to type on the keyboard, it is a blind cat, it is more interested in the sound the keyboard makes so he cannot type anything legible.

dcp;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; bp bvbvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvbbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbn [kluyh bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Ok, he has now lost interest

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
A little background:

We had the first full lockdown for 45 days. Things opened to “take out only”. Then the bars opened. Things were getting to a decent “new normal” where we could sit at the bar and eat. Then we had a 30 day lockdown. This time we had a bunch of new rules to follow like “no sitting at the bar”, “no parties over six”, keep social distance, face mask required to move around the establishment (use the restroom, stuff a boiled potato up your buddy’s car’s tailpipe, feed the dog some bacon, smoke a grette,...).

Those orders are still in effect. That and only 50% occupancy. This and tracing patrons, these seem to be working. That is what Matt at MBC is pleading for to the mayor with that post.

A third shutdown, with little to no benefit, just looks like a bad idea. Add in some forward calculus and then you see all kinds of problems.

Including this PO’ed voter who wants his turkey, stuffing, mashed, and gravy!!

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
I feel your pain.
It's just me and my husband....and this year for the first time we were going to eat out for Thanksgiving.

NOPE.
Ms Whitmer in Michigan thinks she knows better.

GAH!!!!
Not many restaurants want to bother on T-day with take outs only

The senior center is delivering Turkey dinners up here for seniors, the wife and I thought about it...Nah, let the seventy year olds get their turkey dinners from there. Kind of nice that they offered to have deliveries to seniors though.

The wife and I have been contemplating going to a holiday dinner at a fancy restaurant for many years. Finally when we have a chance provided by covid to ditch the kids, the restaurants are not allowed to serve in house meals. We like sitting in a restaurant and having a waitress or waiter serve us once in a while, taking out an expensive turkey dinner is not even an option for us, Our turkey cost eleven bucks and it is an all natural pasture raised turkey from the coop. We bought a little bigger twelve pounder from Meijers for thirty one cents a pound, four bucks. Now why would we pay big money to get boxed stuffing and canned gravy from a restaurant to go?.
edit on 18-11-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I do a version of “bachelor dinner” with the basics using a turkey breast but I think that the ‘sharing’ aspect of the meal is more meaningful!

Hope that you both enjoy the meal!

a reply to: rickymouse

That is nice thing about keeping the meal smaller-ish... you don’t need two or more days to make it!

Heck, I might just have beans and ham soup and cornbread!

Even less to clean up!

It would be easier to slide into a booth and order a plate!!

Enjoy the day! And I hope that your cat has cool name like “Joyce” as in “James Joyce” as their sentence structure are similar!!

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I hear ya. Went out with my dad and my sister for my dad's birthday for some chinese food for lunch a week ago, covid inspector was there at the time. Waiter was super nervous, wouldn't even serve beer until they left. Mentioned how they kept trying to find excuses to shut them down. The place was pretty dead as it was though.

I imagine Anchorage isn't the best place to be shut inside. Wish you luck. Stay strong at least you always have ATS, i know it's little comfort.

It's a small town here, if i didn't have family around i can spend time with and work, i'm pretty sure i would have lost my mind...well more than my usual state of insanity anyway.

If you've been going to that bar that long, those regulars and people there, they're some long time connections.

This type of thing...all you hear about through all the covid stuff is either the dangers of the virus or the other side talking about the economic loss.

In between is a whole lot of loneliness, isolation, stress and emotional damage that largely gets ignored.

That's really the insidious thing about all this covid stuff. It's an attack on the very fundamental things of humanity. Socializing, being around other members of humanity.

Humans are social creatures. We aren't meant to be isolated and alone. Our mental well being depends on at least some human contact. Depending on the person, this can be a huge part of their well being.

Depriving people of this is probably the most evil part of all this.

I'd argue worse than the economic stuff.

I have a friend who's own parents won't even visit or allow them to visit over this. Their own #ing parents. The people that created them and gave them life.

And no, they're not quite at that risk age group yet and are pretty healthy. They just watch a lot of mainstream news.
edit on 18/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

We'll find something.
I really don't like to cook much anymore!

And, to you and rickymouse......
Neither of us like turkey LOLOL
Not even a little bit

edit on Wed Nov 18 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think the primary goal is to demoralize the general public as much as possible. Strip away all of our referential identity.

And....

While we're all hovering in fear inside our houses...they're gonna slip us the great reset.

What is that like a central banker do over?

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I am welcoming a nice, quiet Thanksgiving with nobody stopping over.
Just me, my wife and her mentally challenged/autistic, older brother.
He is higher functioning, so he always helps her with dinner...he is skinny as a rail but eats enough for 3 people. Lol
Her father passed away in May, so there is nobody else left in her family except a useless sister that we don’t allow here anyway because she is always starting some BS.
My brother and his wife would usually come over but not this year, and usually a few friends would come over for dinner as well but again, not this year.
So I will just watch the Detroit Lions lose in peace and quiet and have a nice dinner in peace and quiet.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I am at that point in my Wednesday night substance abuse session that I would invite you all to my house for Thanksgiving. It's shameless what they are doing.

I wish I could fix it for everyone, Thanksgiving dinner is important. You try to explain it to people from elsewhere and they don't really get it...lost in translation. When you're all like "Yeah and my mom makes this cornbread dressing and we have this green bean casserole that's really just a can o' beans, can 'o mushroom soup, and can 'o crispy onions but man it's so good, and sweet potatoes with marshmallows in 'em..." and you're all excited and you get crickets.

I dunno...don't mind me...I just know I love me some family thanksgiving dinner. I wish I could fix it for everyone. It's sad and it sux.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

The Lions on Thanksgiving....One tradition still intact!!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Some people are happy!

In the photos obtained by Fox 11 Los Angeles, Newsom is seen sitting with a group of about 12 people at an outside table at the French Laundry restaurant on November 6.
www.infowars.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

What a post!

Succinct, to the point, and honest. Here I am BMC about food!

Me, myself, and I, are OK on our own but add in close friends or family, and then I revert back to the kid that I used to be. But a bit different from then but the same too (???). Yeah, weirdly stated but it is still that social aspect of life that I suspected was missing.

No, we cannot be fully isolated. But some of us are better equipped than others!

Like the XKCD comic said about social distancing, “I got this! I was born for this...”

Not really! The fact that I am ranting about (probably) not being able to go out and mingle with my crew...

And am telling social media...

Yeah, we are social creatures.

Calling it the “new normal” means “not normal” and we are in the Big Brother speak where the language is used to make you feel better about SNAFU state of things...

Hey! Who cares! It is Thanksgiving and the fact 2020 hasn’t claimed us yet is something to be thankful for!

Have a slice of apple pie for all of us here at ATS and the rest of the social media distanced individuals out there!!

ETA: B!tch, Moan, and, Complaining
edit on 18-11-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Acronym

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Most of the places are shut down here in my town, except for one bar. Funny thing is that the owner of said bar is friends with our town mayor. Must be a coincidence that they're the only ones allowed.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: dug88

What a post!

Succinct, to the point, and honest. Here I am BMC about food!

Me, myself, and I, are OK on our own but add in close friends or family, and then I revert back to the kid that I used to be. But a bit different from then but the same too (???). Yeah, weirdly stated but it is still that social aspect of life that I suspected was missing.

No, we cannot be fully isolated. But some of us are better equipped than others!

Like the XKCD comic said about social distancing, “I got this! I was born for this...”

Not really! The fact that I am ranting about (probably) not being able to go out and mingle with my crew...

And am telling social media...

Yeah, we are social creatures.

Calling it the “new normal” means “not normal” and we are in the Big Brother speak where the language is used to make you feel better about SNAFU state of things...

Hey! Who cares! It is Thanksgiving and the fact 2020 hasn’t claimed us yet is something to be thankful for!

Have a slice of apple pie for all of us here at ATS and the rest of the social media distanced individuals out there!!

ETA: B!tch, Moan, and, Complaining

I liked your post. I felt like I watched you resolve an internal existential conflict right in front of me. Cheers!

Warm Apple Pie!

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Michielli

I am glad that me and my younger half sister reconnected. And are having fun talking with each other after almost two decades of being out of touch.

No matter what happens this year, foodwise, I have this to look forward to!

Stop, and realize, “I can only see to my limited reach as to that which I can influence” then you can spare making yourself a “please everyone (... at the expense of yourself)” pain.

We cannot really save the whole world. It is like “world peace”, a nice thing to wish for but something that one person can do by themselves.

Which is why I limited myself to ranting about food (mostly).

I will miss my crew! But enjoy my sister’s laughter!

Any decent enough food will be icing on the cake!

Ease up on yourself and relax. We all struggle. Which is nothing new... why stress??

🥂
edit on 19-11-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: dumb autocorrect

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
From Cali: No Comment

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66 I wish you and yours the best Thanksgiving. It may be solemn. It’s still yours. Make it Fun. Celebrating is fundamental to More Than existence

edit on 19-11-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: Michielli

I am glad that me and my younger half sister reconnected. And are having fun talking with each other after almost two decades of being out of touch.

No matter what happens this year, foodwise, I have this to look forward to!

Stop, and realize, “I can only see to my limited reach as to that which I can influence” then you can spare making yourself a “please everyone (... at the expense of yourself)” pain.

We cannot really save the whole world. It is like “world peace”, a nice thing to wish for but something that one person can do by themselves.

Which is why I limited myself to ranting about food (mostly).

I will miss my crew! But enjoy my sister’s laughter!

Any decent enough food will be icing on the cake!

Ease up on yourself and relax. We all struggle. Which is nothing new... why stress??

🥂

Not really stressed. I guess it's when I feel thankful....like I am really thankful for my family...but I realize that life can never be more than bittersweet because while I laugh someone else cries. I know it's not really my problem, but still it's there in my face. Sometimes you just want to fix it even though you know you can't. At least maybe we'll get to watch some nasty people get what they deserve this year.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join