It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 million Americans set to lose unemployment benefits the day after Christmas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Looks like it's going to be a frosty Christmas.

About 12 million jobless workers around the U.S. will lose their unemployment benefits the day after Christmas, according to a new analysis. The benefits cutoff could push many households into poverty while creating headwinds for the economic recovery, experts say.

Two key government programs authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, or CARES Act expire on December 26. One is the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance program, which provides jobless aid to freelance and gig workers. That would deprive 7.3 million workers of urgently needed income, according to a study released Wednesday by The Century Foundation, a progressive think tank.

Another 4.6 million workers face being dropped from Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) benefits, another CARES Act program that provides an additional 13 weeks of jobless aid beyond the typical 26 weeks that states provide, the analysis found.

Source

And then we have scenes like this in Texas:

Thousands Line Up In Dallas For North Texas Food Bank’s ‘Largest Mobile Food Distribution Ever’

How much gas did that waste?

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

How many people in those cars have a cell phone with a $75 monthly bill attached to it?

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Gas is on the way out gotta burn it while we got it lol

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Whatever. Did we reach record highs in Wallstreet a week ago right? It was all the rage right? Nothing to see here.

I wonder who Wallstreet favord to continue this winning streak they are on at the expense of the American people?

Wall Street spent over $74 million to back Joe Biden's run for president, topping Trump's haul

People in the securities and investment industry will finish the 2020 election cycle contributing over $74 million to back Joe Biden's candidacy for president, a much larger sum than what President Donald Trump raised from Wall Street, according to new data from the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics.

Biden's haul from Wall Street easily tops what Donald Trump and Barack Obama raked in, but falls short of what Hillary Clinton raised in 2016.

Biden also received a ton of financial support from leaders on Wall Street in the third quarter.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Great post SG!

This is ultimately what has driven me to libertarian beliefs.

Howard Stern did something pretty great on his show a while back; he had to guess what it cost for every day items like milk, eggs, bread, etc. Of course, not going to the grocery store in years, nor worrying about what a trip to the grocery store costs on average, he was off quite a bit.

I would LOVE to do this exact test on every single politician working in DC. For each dollar they’re off in their guesses, they loose 1% of their annual salary. Really, these f*cks should take the lead from Trump and donate their salaries right now while the people need it a f*ck of a lot more.

Every one of my friends who has started their own business has had periods within the first couple of years where they’ve had to go without paying themselves. They do it to make their business survive. These millionaire congress c*nts could least give the appearance that they’re in the ditch with the rest of America and do what they can to make it survive.

No more expensive dinners, lunches, brunches, catered meetings. None of it unless it’s coming of their personal bank accounts. We can’t afford it right now.

And we really should insist that we can see tax returns of these people when they get in office and when they get out. These positions should be done for the servitude of the country and it should take up ALL their time. There should be NO reason you walk into congress “poor” and leave a multi-millionaire. I can’t imagine your focus is on the country that’s paying you $134K a year when you stand to make millions over a short amount of time.

That line of cars in Texas is quite alarming and more than that, very sad to see. I grew up dirt poor, like poorer than dirt poor, lived in a car and then tents until I was 5-6 and then lived in some of the worst, run down apartments I’ve ever seen. Going to the food bank was a regular thing and there’s such a sh*tty feeling walking in there. I don’t know what all of them look like, but the one in our town was a rundown warehouse that relied on the cold Maine temperatures to keep the place cold in the winter. No need for refrigeration units when it’s -20 - 20 degrees for 6 months out of the year. That place could have been a filming location for a Saw movie.

Then the worry of walking out and being caught by one of your friends passing by on the street. Man, it’s all just a #ty feeling and my heart goes out to everyone from the guy who hated his job but still did it to the people who loved their jobs and happily did them.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Looks like it's going to be a frosty Christmas.

Not at all. President Trump will see to it that people don't starve while he sets the stage for a full economic recovery during his second term, so that unemployment benefits will no longer be necessary.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

How many people in those cars have a cell phone with a $75 monthly bill attached to it?

Maybe before but that might not be a good argument now.
I know someone that was laid off, was unemployed four weeks and got another job.
They still have not been paid for that gap. The phone was needed to answer for a job.

Should everyone have 6months of savings, YEs, but life doesn't always work that way.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Sure Trump would keep kidding your self NOTHING Trump did with economy would have lasted the very FACT the market is jumping around like fleas is proof that all he was doing was moving money UP and little of it was based ON GROUTH .
Services cant run a country .com cant housing bubbles cant and injecting FAKE money into the market cant .

All of it last a few years then is going and that is what has been going on for 30 years .

You people must be the 1 % whop made the short term money form this .

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Uncle Sam always brings the best christmas presents.

Didn't you hear? The left has cancelled Christmas this year...

I did hear old Nancy say "let them eat cake"

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

And that worst of it is that the government is breaking people over a disease that's over 99% survivable for every age group but the oldest among us.

COVID is becoming a common cold-type illness right in front of our eyes, and our governments are using it to break us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join