It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 million Americans set to lose unemployment benefits the day after Christmas

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Both parties deserve a beating for the first corporate payoff... errr stimulus package, since then the republicans actually tried a couple of clean bills and the democrats refused to play ball in fear it would reflect well on the president.

Lifers from both parties need to be kicked to the curb, but its pretty easy for me to point at one side a little more than the other. (but thats kinda like saying epsteins girl finder was less responsible than epstein both deserve a bad ending)

There is no excuse for trillions going to corporations and 1200 to each peon, no excuse at all.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Conservative here - all of congress, left, right and otherwise, is nothing but fat-cats and wannabe fat-cats. Very few have ever held a real job. The have two primary concerns. One is to figure out what is the least they can do to get re-elected and the other is to figure out how to become a millionaire on a congressperson's salary.

We need term limits. We need to cap the amount candidates can spend on a campaign and we need to outlaw PACs.

In the meantime, we need to find out why Maxine Waters and Nancy Peloci keep getting elected. Neither has done crap for their district. There's either something seriously wrong with the citizens there or there's a lot of illegal voting.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I'm not sure how much the Democrats worried about it reflecting well on Pubs and how much they were concentrating on state bailouts.

Of course, now that Biden is in office, I'm sure we'll see that state bailout package in spades.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Naw only blue areas I am sure, wont see nothing in the deep red area I live right now.

Also fully expect the big BIG corporate payout (what was it called heros?) if they win both senate seats in the run off.

Though I was happy to see the State of Georgia tell mr Yang that if he and his wife show up claim to be residents just to vote (like they said they would) they are looking at 100k fine and 10 years in jail.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Red states aren't as deeply in debt as California, Illinois, and New York.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Sucks to be them I guess.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Except for a lot of them, it's not their fault. It's the flippin' government that did it to them.

That's what really makes my blood boil on this one.

The government created this mess over a disease that well over 95% of us survive.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Sounds like a Biden problem to me.

a reply to: Southern Guardian

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Good thing mental cases like Nancy Pelosi are at the top of Democrat leadership trying to pass legislation that has nothing to do with the problems 🤣

Democrats are soon to receive what they have been asking for 🤣

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Sounds like a great reason against lockdowns

Nah bro. That’s too logical.

Some don’t understand there are consequences to actions.

Like choosing personality over policy.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Told ya' so!

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
True enough, I am sure there are plenty of lamp posts near their governors' residences.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So people are upset at the govt for not handing out money to non-working people? wth

Why not? They spend it on other bullsh it! The Arts Center? Really Nancy?????

Meanwhile, I’ve seen at least 15 families move out where I live, due to not being able to afford it due to lack of work,

I consider myself lucky, I have worked thru the whole pandemic, my brother manages a waste plant, my sister is a 911 op so we’ve all worked, and even we have struggled thru this. Driving around for days looking for toilet paper, having to wear PPE 8+ hours a day, pay triple for necessary items. I even had my debit card hacked 3 times. Would have been nice to get some help; but again, I am lucky.

What about people who worked all their lives and are now looking at losing their homes because their jobs have been eliminated and aren’t coming back?

Have a heart man!

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thank our President. Before your phone's cut off....all millions of you call Mira Lago and book tee times.

All 12,000,000 phone calls. Maybe he'll take 1 ca....wait! Haaaaaaa

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

It's fine, Biden is going to start a 4-6 week national lockdown (quarantine) after he gets in office, then everyone will get their unemployment again. Its part of the great reset.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

I predict Biden will lock us down till March, A new stimulus will come out along with a debt forgiveness on student loans. That should tied us over till after next Christmas, the problem is the lock down is going to significantly damage the economy, so come the next year, we are looking at it again with another stimulus. then another after that. In 8 years your not going to recognize the country, things are going to be alot different.

My 2 cents
Camain

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: camain
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

I predict Biden will lock us down till March, A new stimulus will come out along with a debt forgiveness on student loans. That should tied us over till after next Christmas, the problem is the lock down is going to significantly damage the economy, so come the next year, we are looking at it again with another stimulus. then another after that. In 8 years your not going to recognize the country, things are going to be alot different.

My 2 cents
Camain

You have a valid point.

Ever wonder why student loan forgiveness is an ALWAYS talking point with Democrats?

One that simply is punishing the average American citizen, btw....

Once you stick a young American into the indoctrination mills that most of our Universities are, you get a fresh Democratic voter.

Too often with a useless degree in Theoretical Trans-species Feminism, but I digress.

Democrats use their power to expand their base.

To do it in this case, you have to look at the math.

Statistically people with a degree will make more than someone without a degree.

2/3 of Americans do not have a degree.

So in this particular case, Democrats want to absolve a debt made willingly by someone that incurred the debt so that they can make more money.

All paid for by the taxpayer... who typically makes less money than the person who incurred the debt.

So the "average" American citizen worker needs to pay off the student debt of those who are going to make more then them, because they are mostly going to turn out to be Democratic voters.

Democrats use their power in office to expand their power.

Always.

edit on 18-11-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I guess more people need to save for those rainy days.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

I guess more people need to save for those rainy days.

Why would they bother?

In a world where you can now just go loot and steal and burn to get what you want if you feel somehow "disenfranchised" and the new leadership gives you a free pass...

What are the repercussions?

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
And then we have scenes like this in Texas:

There are a whole lot of fancy cars in that food line. Sell your fancy car and you might find some money for that food you need. Maybe cut out the cable, netflix, and Xbox subscriptions and you might find a few bucks. Conserve water, turn out lights, turn down the heat/AC, when it's yellow let it mellow/brown flush it down, get some burger rather than the steak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join