It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist policy for all to witness in real time.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Black Lives Matter launched a petition Monday calling on California Gov. Gavin Newsom to appoint a Black woman to fill the U.S. Senate seat to be vacated by Kamala Harris once she officially resigns to become vice president.

“Appointing a Black woman to this seat is nonnegotiable — this must be done,” Black Lives Matter Global Network wrote, directing the Democratic governor to either appoint U.S. Reps. Karen Bass or Barbara Lee to fill the seat for the remainder of Harris’ term.

Skills aren't important. Resume' irrelevant. The key aspects needed are BLACK, and FEMALE.

Now I don't claim to know what it's like to be black, or to be female. But I know what it's like to compete for jobs, compete for anything really. In order for any competition to be legitimate, the playing field needs to be level. Meaning all players have the same chance of winning, and likely, the one that put in the most time, worked the hardest, and earned their right to be there, will win.

But in this case, the field is not level. Men need not apply. White folks need not apply. Asian's need not apply. (unless you are part black)

Rather than explain why I have a problem with this, I'll let someone much much smarter and more dynamic than I do that job.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

This sentence spoken by the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. has been quoted countless times as expressing one of America's bedrock values, its language almost sounding like a constitutional amendment on equality.

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 18-11-2020 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Racism goes both ways, for them to demand her being replaced by a black person is racist. The vice president has the deciding vote in ties, so I don't understand why they believe they need an extra black person in the mix.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sure why not. Not like there aren’t way more qualified Latinas per capita here in Cali. But sure. Why not?

Meritocracy? Nah! Because Feelings? Yeah!

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
“Nonnegotiable”.....who the f*ck do these people think they are?

More anti-American bullsh*t from BLM.

There’s certainly a certain amount I’ll buy in regards to racism, but this isn’t about that at this point. You can’t just force your f*cking way into office like that.

Alas, I do not think BLM and Antifa have much time left to pull their BS. Once the DNC realizes that pandering to them was a major mistake, I predict a sudden influx of police officers being allowed to do their jobs or the National Guard sweeping through infested areas and putting an end to it.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

qualifications? LOL, you are silly. We don't need them. Only identity politics.

I can bet if the criteria was "Only an OLD WHITE MALE will do", some would be offended. Perhaps even enough to say something.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If qualifications was important Obama would still be a senator.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You indirectly raise an important point; while the media is declaring Biden the winner and going on endlessly about how Trump is preventing the transition team from coming in and how Trump is pathetic for not just conceding and blah blah blah... if the Democrats are so certain they're victorious in this case then why hasn't Kamala Harris said a word or done a thing about vacating her Senate seat??

Put your money where your mouth is Kamala!

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

If qualifications was important Obama would still be a senator community organizer.

better?

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
“Nonnegotiable”.....who the f*ck do these people think they are?

More anti-American bullsh*t from BLM.

There’s certainly a certain amount I’ll buy in regards to racism, but this isn’t about that at this point. You can’t just force your f*cking way into office like that.

Alas, I do not think BLM and Antifa have much time left to pull their BS. Once the DNC realizes that pandering to them was a major mistake, I predict a sudden influx of police officers being allowed to do their jobs or the National Guard sweeping through infested areas and putting an end to it.

Love the use of the word 'infested' here 👍🏼

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

She is still on the senate intelligence committee. Biden already spilled the beans on how he can get intelligence info from her.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Nice!

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Skills aren't important. Resume' irrelevant. The key aspects needed are BLACK, and FEMALE.

In a perfect world I'd only hire people who looked like Margo Robbie and Emily Ratajkowski but in the REAL world I have to hire the best person for the job otherwise I don't maximize my earning potential. What color you are is about as important as your socks.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

She is still on the senate intelligence committee. Biden already spilled the beans on how he can get intelligence info from her.

I think Biden HAVING intelligence would be a good start.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
As far as BLM is concerned, the means have murdered the end.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The only qualifications are: Marxist tendencies 🚨

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
So as a white man who identifies as a disabled black single parent lesbian, can I cry foul if they don’t accept me as a black representative?
a reply to: ColeYounger

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Racial identitarian Marxists like Ibram X Kendi want you and me to believe that black and brown people hold a special status separate from the rest of humanity. We are therefore duty bound to placate their whims and treat them like pets like any good anti-racist would.

Remember, it isn't enough to be non-racist. You must be actively anti-racist. That means you have to be willing to embrace the racist policies and ideology that once victimized black and brown people, continue to apply segregation, and use race as the first basis under which to assess a human being's qualifications.

Otherwise you're racist.

If this doesn't make sense to you it's because communists are #ing stupid.
edit on 11 18 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 11 18 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Racial identitarian Marxists like Ibram X Kendi want you and me to believe that black and brown people hold a special status separate from the rest of humanity. We are therefore duty bound to placate their whims and treat them like pets like any good anti-racist would.

Remember, it isn't enough to be non-racist. You must be actively anti-racist. That means you have to be willing to embrace the racist policies and ideology that once victimized black and brown people, continue to apply segregation, and use race as the first basis under which to assess a human being's qualifications.

Otherwise you're racist.

If this doesn't make sense to you it's because communists are #ing stupid.

I'm continually amazed that they don't see it. Segregating people based on nothing more than the color of their skin just sounds an awful lot like what I thought racism was. Maybe just as the dems switched with the Republicans, racism has also done a 180 in it's meaning.

Equal opportunity has changed to "Percent of melanin must reach a certain threshold for opportunity".

I just don't think this is what those who fought for equality had in mind. I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The question we all should be asking is, Why does the media give this group so much air time?

BLM is a tiny group that is being promoted by the media and being financed by someone in a position of power. They don't speak for the populace, they speak for their employer.

It is easy to see what they are attempting to do, as so many automatically assumes that anyone that is a Democrat is a supporting member of the group, or Antifa, or that all people with increased amounts of melanin, are also supporting members of the group. So they are definitely winning the minds of Americans. That doesn't do much for the majority of the people that are being demonized based on a lie.

The amount of people involved in BLM, in comparison to any area where the media attempts to make them look like some scary invading group, is extremely small. Even smaller, as there is division among the group, as not all of them support violence or destruction of property, but you never see or hear from that side of the group, because it does not paint the picture the media wants front and center.

If you do a little research, you will find that most American Blacks are not tribal. How many Black businesses do you see in predominately Black neighborhoods? There is a long history associated with the reason there are so few, but to get to the truth of the matter you will have to do your own research, ditch the media narrative, and be able to think independently, and for yourself.

The BLM is a boogeyman that too many people are giving power because they fill a symbiotic need in the hearts and minds of too many of us today.

edit on 18-11-2020 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Fine by me. Whats Candace Owens phone number???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join