It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is Covid getting Spread the most?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

I wouldn't hold out much hope of a Biden admin changing anything. The tamest guy on his so-called task force still wants a 6 to 8 week hard lockdown, the worst wants 18 months.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: JAGStorm

But it's ok to stand in the street among a crowd of celebrating people and pass a liquor bottle around and get drunk there?

So people only get stupid and less cautious if they drink past 10pm?

I'm still not quite getting this.

From what we know, being outside reduces your chances of getting Covid, we've heard that many times.

After 10 it appears bars are more crowded and people are more drunk. Maybe they spit while they talk more???!!

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Riots & protests, large gatherings, nope..

According to contact tracers it is from smaller gatherings at restaurants and bars, especially after 10pm

www.mprnews.org...

Public health officials have worried those rallies could become COVID-19 super spreader events, and there's still potential that they might, as more testing and contact tracing is done.

But so far, public health officials in northern Minnesota say it's been much smaller get-togethers that seem to be behind the spike in coronavirus cases across the region. Over the past week, northern Minnesota — from the Wisconsin to the North Dakota borders — has averaged the most new cases, relative to its population, in the state.

The article is a little old (Oct) but I was listening to MPR yesterday and this is what they are saying is the big cause of spread for Minnesota & Wisconsin. Bars, Taverns & restaurant, especially late operation ones. Something like 70% of cases are traced back to bars etc.

So you are saying COVID is a bar-hopping Typhoid Mary? Funny how deaths are overwhelmingly in LTC facilities like 41% of the total deaths in less than 1% of the population. Cases DON"T matter, hospitalizations and deaths do.

Wisconsin
Now hospitalized
Now in ICU

Population

Percent of state deaths
from LTC facilities
24.4%
New cases since Nov 5
from LTC facilities
11.8%
New deaths since Nov 5
LTC facilities
11.1%

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Those are all lies. We all know that Trump is out there spreading covid. Nobody catches it unless they attend something for Trump, then and only then can it be spread to others.

This is exactly why we won't get anywhere.

Here is a logical VERY middle of the ground way to handle Covid, yet everyone is still cynical.

Sorry, but there is no middle ground with COVID. It’s a virus only deadly to people on their deathbeds already, basically the same thing with all other viruses. You lost all credibility on a logical discussion when it was ok for certain people to lose their jobs and businesses for your safety, when you could’ve just killed yourself financially and stayed your ass at home.
edit on 18-11-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
o brother Walmart ? big ( Operative word BIG box stores not spreading well Yea very small amounts there .
BIG HUGE lost of Space people not being close for more then a second mask as well so YES .
a BAR on the other hand guy right next to you for hours drinking no mask .

My guess is MOST cases Come from people who get it GO HOME infect THE whole HOUSE ( oo like the Nursing home maybe ? )
But if we are talking about place's that are More likely it would be bars and sit and eat places as No mask no space small ares recirculated air daaa . )
But at most 10 % of cases as a guess come from any of these places MOST are coming from people taking it HOME >

Your example's SUCK Walmart 20 foot roof and if i pass even one person while i am there it is the most .

Its Not like people stand next to each other talking for a hour at walmart like they do at bars and sit down food places .

But again I say 90- % of new cases come FROM THE HOMES of people the one place No ones wares mask and stay toghter for well ever ?

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

From what we know, being outside reduces your chances of getting Covid, we've heard that many times.

I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous.

Also, why is it then beaches, parks and campsites were closed most of the year? Literally watched cops ticketing people for being parked in the parking lot for the beach.

Is it only certain kinds of outsides that are safe?

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I wouldn't hold out much hope of a Biden admin changing anything. The tamest guy on his so-called task force still wants a 6 to 8 week hard lockdown, the worst wants 18 months.

My gut is telling me that they’re using that right now to play into the fear tactics of the people. It’s the opposite of anything Trump has said, so they’re running with it. My assumption is once he gets into office, they’ll start realistically using the death rate as an excuse to lighten restrictions and then claim it as a win against the virus.

I think they’re planning on using the BLM/Antifa riots in the same manner, except I don’t expect those idiots to stop rioting at all, no matter who is in office. I’m going to enjoy watching the backfire from a state that allows the police to do their job, which is why, despite being in a mainly Democrat run county, we’ve had zero issues. Same with Miami.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Riots & protests, large gatherings, nope..

According to contact tracers it is from smaller gatherings at restaurants and bars, especially after 10pm

I can't speak for everybody, but where I live approximately 30% of all transmissions were thought to be between people in the same household. One person brings it in and spreads it to their family.

We also have a high transmission rate amongst people in high intensity packing and food preparation environments. For example people on a production line cutting up and packaging chicken.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Food packaging, US Mail, package delivery are my best guesses. I think they are afraid to tell us that though.

I've been doing our shopping and we've been getting mail and packages all year. That's not it.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

There were churches begging to hold services outdoors; some were ticketed for holding services outdoors in parking lots where every family sat inside their own cars listening over a local broadcast radio station to the pastor who spoke to them from outside the doors of the church.

That wasn't safe enough.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

You lost all credibility on a logical discussion when it was ok for certain people to lose their jobs and businesses for your safety, when you could’ve just killed yourself financially and stayed your ass at home.

Cut off your nose to spite your face.

So which is better, Lots of businesses closing, or just a few for a FEW hours.
I can tell you the previous will happen if cases continue as they are.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I think what will happen honestly is that the FDA will quietly change the sensitivity of the COVID test.

Right now, they run it to 38 cycles. That's so sensitive that it will pick up mere particles of the viral RNA that couldn't make you ill if they tried, but you do test "positive". In order to catch most symptomatic people, the only need to run it between 30 and 33 cycles, and even then, they're going to catch people are aren't actually sick.

So they dial down sensitivity, and the pandemic magically disappears overnight.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

You lost all credibility on a logical discussion when it was ok for certain people to lose their jobs and businesses for your safety, when you could’ve just killed yourself financially and stayed your ass at home.

Cut off your nose to spite your face.

So which is better, Lots of businesses closing, or just a few for a FEW hours.
I can tell you the previous will happen if cases continue as they are.

A FEW hours is a LOT of revenue for places like bars. How many people go drinking before 10?

But hey, social engineering and stuff ... Prohibition II.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I think what will happen honestly is that the FDA will quietly change the sensitivity of the COVID test.

Right now, they run it to 38 cycles. That's so sensitive that it will pick up mere particles of the viral RNA that couldn't make you ill if they tried, but you do test "positive". In order to catch most symptomatic people, the only need to run it between 30 and 33 cycles, and even then, they're going to catch people are aren't actually sick.

So they dial down sensitivity, and the pandemic magically disappears overnight.

People said as soon as Biden would be named that would happen too, and look where we are, more cases than ever.

link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Let me encapsulate the difference between the left and right:

Right - We respect that it's no laughing matter to you. You are free, encouraged even, to take whatever precautions you need to. For some people, it is no laughing matter, but for the majority of us, it is a mild illness, and we ought to be allowed to proceed with our lives as if it were exactly that.

Left - This illness is no laughing matter for some. PEOPLE ARE DYING. So because some people are going to die, we need to behave as if everyone will and we need to force everyone to act exactly as if they will. It's for the collective good that we force you act as if you will die.

OR what this OP is about, something in the middle.
Like hey, most cases (not all but most) are being spread in this manner, so let's tackle that, Instead of shutting everything down.

I don't think of Covid as left or right, I think of it as a virus.

This is the issue I have. So since you don’t go out at night — it’s okay to take that privilege away from others that do? What about the people that work in that industry? What about the small business owners that earn a living off of it?

I guess they mistakenly chose the wrong industry. Believing they had rights to operate their businesses.

ETA, what if they told you that you could no longer go to grocery stores or shop at all. Everything online. Would you feel the same?
edit on 18-11-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

The biggest spreader of the Chi-Com Flu is...the media!

I have yet to see or hear that any Amish or Mennonites have caught it. Or homeless for that matter.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Covid is spread the most through the electromagnetic waves and onto our television sets. We've all been infected.

Ah looks like this idea has already been fronted

edit on 18-11-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Covid is spread the most through the electromagnetic waves and onto our television sets. We've all been infected.

5 mofo'ing G!

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The virus may be susceptible to common sense.
The rural area where I grew up has no infections and no one wears masks. They do have access to the MSM, but they know better than to believe what they (and politicians) have to say.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Biden says that 2021 Holidays will be the same if we don't COMPLY.

So here's Biden saying that if we don't follow their rules, we'll be doing the same thing next year.

What I want to know is if that means they plan to not allow either vaccine candidate to ever release?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join