It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REPORT: China, Russia To 'Rehearse Invasion of Taiwan' (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Matt Drudge has filed a report on his Drudge Report website detailing a conflict between the two giant countries. When the idea of a joint exercise was proposed the Russians had initially suggested their exercise be conducted in the Xinjiang-Uigur autonomous region. The Chinese have however pushed to change the format to involve marines in ZheJiang province near Taiwan.

www.drudgereport.com
MOSCOW, March 17. (RIA Novosti)-Yesterday, Chief of the Russian General Staff Yury Baluyevsky left for China to settle a scandal over the first Russian-Chinese military exercise, Commonwealth-2005, which is due to be held this fall off the Yellow Sea coast, writes Kommersant.

The initial plans were to practice operational teamwork in combating terrorism during the exercise. However, Beijing, skillfully changing the format of the exercise, has tried to re-orient the two countries' armies to practicing an invasion of Taiwan.

The choice of where the exercise will take place became a stumbling block. The Russian military selected the Xinjiang-Uigur autonomous region, basing their choice on the area's problematic nature due to Uigur separatists and its proximity to Central Asia, which has become an arena in the fight against international terrorism. However, Beijing flatly rejected the proposal. Instead, it suggested the Zhejiang province near Taiwan.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So at first the Russians are trying to get the Chinese to focus on central Asia where lots of 'terrorism' seems to be incubating. However China steals the spotlight and sneakily gets the Russians in on their plan to attack Taiwan.

Japan should feel a little nervous about now and we can expect some strong rhetoric to come from the USA. I think Putin might feel like he is in a tight position, like the middle of an oreo cookie so to say. They cannot let the Chinese lose face by disagreement with them, nor can they strain their relationship with them. They must follow through.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
wtf...

NO ALL CAPS...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Moderators usually U2U me with editing suggestions. You should let them do their job, not post responses like that. You should know better.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It's a duplicate submission as well.

[edit on 3/17/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
mods ARE slow...

sry but i am doing my job as an ATS member...

we should ALL work together to help EACHOTHER...

i am sry i clicked "yes" for this thread...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
How would Matt Drudge know this?

I failed to see any links or sources in his report and it virtually runs on nothing more then the Russian Minister going to China.

Unless Drudge is a CIA spy, i would wait for a official news source before making up my mind.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Mods are not slow, I got 2 u2u's right away.

It's not your job and if you want to criticize my post use the u2u not one line responses that are you just having fun and insulting others.

take it somewhere else. It's not needed, not your job, not welcomed...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
what happins is mods aren't on???

my job is to help you because you need it...

calm down or you will get a warning...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The next off topic post in this thread will receive a warning.

Discuss the topic or find another thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Everything I am saying is perfectly within the bounds of the T&C. Moderators are on now. It's not your job to go and regulate how an article is submitted to atsn. That's why we have ATSNN editors to help people like me that you clearly think I need help.

Actually I just copied and pasted the title and was going to edit it when I saw your response. You didn't even give me two seconds to do it myself. You didn't even use the u2u function. You posted a response containing less than 30 charachters for what? To show people you can spot my mistakes before mods? Sorry the mods beat you to it. It's not your job and once more I say it's not welcome. Don't waste space. That space is for people with real responses. Yours is not.

Calm Down? Why should I, people like you at ATS are making this place Uptight and Unfriendly.

EDIT: Great I guess I get a warning cuz that was posted by Banshee while I was writing mine.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

It's not your job

It most certainly is. THe mods can't be everywhere and don't need to be. YOu used all caps, thats not permited, why make a big deal?

and if you want to criticize my post use the u2u not one line responses that are you just having fun and insulting others.

Are you that incapable of dealing with criticism? How can he u2u you when your submission is annonymous? 'they see all' could've been nicer, but so what, he doesn't have to be nice.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Whats the deal with the No ALL CAPS anyway what difference does it really make ?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Not just mods can send people u2us about submissions to ATSNN. Members who have succesfully done 25 themselves are then editors.

You people stand up for the actions of They See ALL when we was just being a rude person to begin with. Now I got a u2u from him that I would like to show you. I didn't u2u him, but he chose to u2u me this.
-----------------
you got a warning???

good...

thats what you deserve...
------------------
This is what ATS has come to. He didn't want to help, if he did he would let the system in place do it's job which it was. He had no place to waste space in this forum.

And I'll take the warn with pleasure so people will be attracted to come check it out and see why I got warned and see how it happened. This is ridiculous. To many ATS members feeling High and Mighty over others.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
GO MEMBERS!!! Ruin that news submission!!!

top topics

join