It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Fires top US Cyber Security Official

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

This is why private sector is where it's at for cyber. I do some fed consulting from time to time, it's never particularly fun because I know they're never going to spend budget fixing some of the issues. At the very least in private sector you can get a CISO who has a good relationship with the CFO or a CEO who doesn't want the company to show up on the news. It moves slowly, but it still moves.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I dont have the experience to make it in civil sector yet, so ill use the fed to get what I need for the transition wrap my masters up in december and start my certs.

Also with 20 years military exp I know how to document every single thing I do, so when they try to hammer me I can fight it since I am vested in civil service.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

It depends on what the job is and who is being employed and what they are in charge of.

This statement....

"If a manager or a leader is unable to turn a 'bad' employee into a 'good' employee I think that's the managers fault. "

will lead to a lot of manager turnover because you are putting the 'conversion' to a good employee on the manager. Not good.

Name one person that Trump has fired that did not deserve it and then we can discuss....

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Vets have a reasonably easy time finding decent roles too, a lot of places look for that level of commitment. I work with a lot of former NSA and DISA folks who are doing quite well for themselves in threat intel and similar fields. Also with the Master's degree you'll be more credentialed than a lot of folks, unless you talk to the data sciences guys, they collect PhD's like they're baseball cards.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

My biggest issues will be age, and I am coming from Air craft maintenance.

Even though the few connections I have made (they hire at the gs 14 or higher level and mandate X amount of years of experience) when I talked them through my daily job to a person went, yea that experience will translate.

Hard to make that connection to get that first interview, if I can get to that point I know I can get hired.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Judging from his tweet this afternoon, the firing was long overdue.

mobile.twitter.com...

originally posted by: matafuchs
Link

The recent statement by Chris Krebs on the security of the 2020 Election was highly inaccurate, in that there were massive improprieties and fraud - including dead people voting, Poll Watchers not allowed into polling locations, “glitches” in the voting machines which changed votes from Trump to Biden, late voting, and many more. Therefore, effective immediately, Chris Krebs has been terminated as Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.

Heads are starting to roll. Is this the final drain of the swamp for Trump?

“Poll Watchers not allowed into polling locations, 'glitches' in the voting machines which changed … votes from Trump to Biden, late voting, and many more,” the president wrote. “Therefore, effective immediately, Chris Krebs has been terminated as Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.”

Krebs, a Trump appointee, has served as director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) since CISA’s establishment in 2018. Krebs previously helmed CISA’s predecessor agency, the National Protection and Programs Directorate.

I have also read about the lying to him in military briefings regarding Syria as well as the firings at the Pentagon including Esper as SecDef. If I was Haspel or Wray I would be concerned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join