It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Ecco the Dolphin, the Movie:" Relaxing Video, BEST Quality on YouTube

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Also this is something that I noticed myself, and people might disagree, but doesn't the start of Ecco's song, sound based on the start of Nirvana's song here:

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

originally posted by: JamesChessman

originally posted by: Brotherman
I remember being pissed having to beak shells around and talk to other dolphins as a kid, I did eventually beat it at the same time as it was new on the sega genesis I had another hard game I was screwing with (Chakan the forever man) and compared between dolphin action and swiping creatures with swords well you get it.

Haha dude both of those games were created by the same guy, Ed Annunziata.

And yes, they have that similar gameplay pattern of requiring a ton of time, working through each stage.

Some people could not appreciate that, because they have the typical idea of Mario or Sonic etc. running through a new stage every five minutes...

But to fans, the Ecco games are wonderful to spend a while on each stage, exploring the nature, and enjoying the music.

Chakan is otherwise mostly a very different kind of game, except that similarity of how each stage is a huge time-sink, to get through.

So for both games, if you can adjust your expectations, then they can be enjoyable.

Did you manage to enjoy Chakan? Or get through it?

I beat chakan years later on an emulator I did play it as intended without save states. I remember as a kid when it was new on my first generation genesis I could never get past the stage where you find the axe in the lower sewer like level because the portal back to the nexus would always glitch out so I would skip that level and the one I couldn’t beat as a kid was the canyon level where you need the axe to one shot the flying vulture bat people on the canyons platforming section. I didn’t know both Ecco and Chakan were made by the same people that’s really coincidentally ironic me talking about the games and time period so many years later here.

I only played through Chakan once. It's usually not the atmosphere that I want to sink into.

However, when one is in the right mindset for it, it's a very solid game. I approached it like the Ecco games, of just devoting myself to one stage, every time I sat down with it. And each stage could take a ton of time, to figure out, and get through.

So I think people get the wrong impression that it's impossible, when it's just an unusual gameplay pattern, of each stage being brutal, but each stage is beatable, within maybe an hour or so... something like that...

The similarity to Ecco's stages taking a long time each... is much more appealing in Ecco's games, because Ecco's beautiful graphics, music, natural setting.

However, Chakan has the very awesome premise of... all gameplay taking place, in the spiritual realm. That is, there's nothing solid or physical, throughout the game, because it all takes place in the non-physical spiritual realms.

So that's awesome, and did you notice that the hub world music... seems to have the quiet sounds of mumbling demons or ghosts...

edit on 23-11-2020 by JamesChessman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesChessman

Chakan was quite a challenging game. The first time I played through dark souls I was reminded of Chakan, I wish they would remake it in a souls like platform.

Now I want to make Chakan inspired art =( but can't today
edit on 24-11-2020 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join