It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questioning the benefit/impact of War On Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
From a big world/life/future perspective... What may be the impact and what are the benefits of War On Terrorism?

Let's hear/share some visionary ideas and opinions

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hmmmm.

One of my old signatures was along the lines of "It is senseless and stupid to wage war on an abstract noun."

That about sums it up for me.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Bump.

I suppose one benefit is the pool of ATS topic sources.

But I am struggling.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I suppose there will be some new useful technological and strategical developments invented in order to prevent/protect against terrorism for example.

Also I bet the terrorists will become more and more sofisticated and at least indirectly contribute to development and better public awareness etc.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Haliburton / KBR / Carlyle Group are happy.

Islamic fundamentalists have to travel a lot less to shoot at your troops

That's about it

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092
Haliburton / KBR / Carlyle Group are happy.

Hopefully in days to come, the general CNN watching western public wisen up and realise whats going on... Whats going on is not a war against "terrorism" it is a war against resistance... Resistance to imperialistic expansion...

There is no benefit, except for those who will make money and gain power from it... These are the real terrorists!

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It has definately caused an increase in terrorist activities worldwide... it has pissed alot of muslims off, thus causing them to become terrorists, it has made a few corporations very rich...

and the way its going, its not actually targeting terrorists, but nations the USA doesnt like...

thats really it...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
and the way its going, its not actually targeting terrorists, but nations the USA doesnt like...

Thats exactly what it is, and all its going to do is breed more "terrorists"/revolutionaries... But thats what the US want... So the big corporations CAN MAKE MORE MONEY...

top topics

join