It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me convince a relative that her insane idea is wrong.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger
a reply to: Never Despise

sadly the far left dont care about the facts or the totality of the situation / all the facts.

they will cherry pick what they think proves their point, only look at the words not if facts, and/or outright well repeated lies and propaganda.
they will tell the same lies, half facts, ect over and over hoping that it will be perceived as fact/the truth.

they will give equal weight to any fault of the opposition and downplay their side as needed.

lastly at all times blame others for the acts/accusations/crimes/ect they commit themselves.

but what i find so sad is one can clearly see it for what it is and easily find the FACTS to disprove them

yet they carry on with no stopping.

scrounger

What about these guys?

www.justice.gov...

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

A few doses of this and they'll be right as rain:

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DeanVenture

Wow, three whole boogaloo goons.

Still probably more of a threat than the thousands upon thousands of BLM and Antifa thugs...
edit on 18-11-2020 by CollateralDramage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CollateralDramage
a reply to: DeanVenture

Wow, three whole boogaloo goons.

Still probably more of a threat than the thousands upon thousands of BLM and Antifa thugs...

My point was that they DO exist.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
I am at a loss. Other than saying "open your eyes" can anyone think of a way to debunk this?

I've had a similar conversation with someone who thinks it's ok to Murder Police if the murderer lives in the Ghetto. Pure insanity, that I couldn't believe came out of this person's mouth. After trying to explain, I eventually had to say:

"You only hear what you want to hear."

Gook luck to you.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The truth is violence is coming from both sides. The leftists have definitely taken the cake as to the size and scope of it. Still, the proud boys has its fair share of knock out clips circulating YouTube. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy watching them.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I recently had a long and frustrating conversation with a left-leaning relative. This person is not an extreme leftist and is willing to concede to logic most of the time. But I was floored the other day by her assertion that "just as much violence has come from the right this year as from the left." That is, she thinks all the looting, burning, shattering of windows, toppling of historic statues, etc. this summer was "equally the fault of the right and left."

I was left speechless because it seems to me self-evident that the violence and vandalism this year came almost entirely from Antifa and other extreme leftists.

I don't even know how to go about proving this because it's like being asked to prove the sky is blue.

I asked her to give me an example of right-wing violence on the same scale as the looting this summer in major cities and she mumbled something like, "I saw them standing around in their MAGA caps like thugs...they were there..."

I tried to explain there is a difference between "standing around" and "violent looting and destruction of property" but she just couldn't admit it. I then pointed out the vast numbers of Antifa protesters versus the tiny, usually well-behaved MAGA-capped group but she wouldn't listen.

I am at a loss. Other than saying "open your eyes" can anyone think of a way to debunk this? Is there a comprehensive list of leftist acts of disorder this year somewhere versus acts perpetrated by rightists?

I don't like the concept of being a sheep and defending one side of the road to the slaughterhouse.

But if I would, I would impersonate the other side and reap havoc to prove my point they are the bad guys.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I was left speechless because it seems to me self-evident that the violence and vandalism this year came almost entirely from Antifa and other extreme leftists.
I asked her to give me an example of right-wing violence on the same scale as the looting this summer in major cities and she mumbled something like, "I saw them standing around in their MAGA caps like thugs...they were there..."

Spot the huge logic hole.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I think that's precisely what your relative was trying to do but you didn't accept her views.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Just tell her that Hitler was a vegetarian an tree hugger, and was worried about climate change too.

He could also talk to trees too, which are actually meat eaters and feast on the dead. (In practicality no they arent, but in theory they do).
edit on 19-11-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Buy her a spade to dig her head out of the sand.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

If you watched CNN you see just as many examples of the violence on the right. Both sides regularly have people that display the worst of us all.

Seriously.... CNN...

i.kym-cdn.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   

You don’t want to have a reasonable discussion with her at all. You just want to change her mind to match your own ideas. Why care what she thinks? Who is to say either of you is right? I don’t know which side caused the most trouble. If you had been watching this only on one channel, you got that channel’s opinion. Then your mind is set to one channel in your head.

It’s not your place to judge others. Everyone has a right to their own opinions. Let it go. It’s not worth all the trouble it will cause trying to argue with her.

Further, I would say you aren’t even sure your opinion is the right one because you’re asking for a list on what formed your opinion. Shouldn’t you know this list? If you don’t have a “list” then it seems to me you go around forming opinions without first reviewing the facts.

The reality here is you are questioning your own self and this is the root of your frustration.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   
What I'm finding hilarious about this thread is the more Trumps lawsuits and attempts to undermine democracy fail, the more angry the right wing members get about this logical thinking, left leaning relative get. It's been made clear the op doesn't want to destroy the relationship but all the suggestions would do just that.

ATS has gone from Politics to Humour!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join