It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump laying groundwork for full US troop withdrawal from Afghanistan before leaving office

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Hmm... And that is Not a " Good Thing " Because SG Wants MORE American Soldiers to Die there NEEDLESSLY . ? .......Hmm......

Try reading the OP bud. For once SG is being rational.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Ohanka

a reply to: Ohanka
I think what some fear — Is Trump not doing it the right way.

Trump doesn’t have a clue what he is doing — and is replacing high ranking military positions with his sycophants.

Military leaders refusing to follow direct orders from their commander in chief is borderline treason.

Anyway, the correct way is to bring everyone home within 2 weeks. Air Mobility Command exists for a reason. If the US military cannot transport a mere 8,000 men & equipment home in a timely fashion the leadership is clearly incompetent and that should worry democrats and republicans alike.

As much as many want to believe — we are not an isolated country separated from the rest of the world.

What does that have to do with anything?

If America wants to end it’s stupid occupation of Afghanistan, it should be able to end it’s stupid occupation of Afghanistan.

People forget that war in Afghanistan did not begin in 2001. It began in 1979 with the Soviet occupation. There has not been a moment of peace since then. The poor people of Afghanistan have known nothing but war for 41 years.

If other countries want this occupation, and the suffering of the Afghanis to continue, to hell with them. End the war. It’s long overdue.

Assumption I am unaware.

Mavis Leno has been the chair of the Feminist Majority Foundation's Campaign to Stop Gender Apartheid in Afghanistan since 1997. In 1999, Leno and her husband donated $100,000 to the organization, to further the cause of educating the public about the plight of Afghan women under the Taliban. The organization successfully protested the construction of an oil pipeline through Afghanistan, which could potentially have brought in billions of dollars to the Taliban.

A noble cause to be sure, but what does this have to do with ending the war?

Don’t assume I am unaware of how long this war has been going on.

I choose to think differently than you and others here. And it’s not out of ignorance.

I am not required to have the same thought patterns as you (and others).

And I don’t need to be attacked, called names, and be told I’m being dramatic.

My comment on the true length of the war were not directed at you but more a general statement of fact. Many do not know how long the war is. Indeed there are some in America who voted in this election who are younger than the US occupation. They don’t remember a time before the war.

It’s a crazy state of affairs.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: Annee

DO you want war or want peace?

Really a simple question.

On my porch or globally?

I want it done right, politically and internationally.

You're pathetic.

Why isn't "peace" the universal answer?

It requires cooperation.

I don’t view the world through a straw.

No, you just view it the same way as Pelosi does 👎🏼

I have never read or listened to Pelosi.

I have no idea what her thoughts on this are.

Surrrrrrrrre you haven't..

And I wasn't referring to this news, you said you don't view the world through a straw (highly debatable) and I replied "no you just view it the same way as Pelosi."

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

a reply to: Ohanka
I think what some fear — Is Trump not doing it the right way.

Trump doesn’t have a clue what he is doing — and is replacing high ranking military positions with his sycophants.

No...enough. The war won’t be showing up on your doorstep. Stop being so g.d. over-dramatic. 2,732 American soldiers have lost their lives in that place. You know how many ungrateful pissants they died for? Way too many!

You want the military industrial complex to keep churning out dead soldiers? Or is it the national debt that you like to see climb higher and higher with that 20 year old “war”.

Stop being so weak and selfish and let those men and women come home and enjoy some peace for once.

Why is it, with the Right, when I have a different viewpoint — I’m being dramatic?

I used to be a Hawk. I’ve evolved and see things differently today.

Soldiers. This Afghan war has been going on for how long? They signed up to do a job — with full knowledge.

Not everyone is left or right. America REALLY needs to stop being so dumb and naive to that. Just because someone isn’t on your side doesn't mean they are on the other side. I’m neither left nor right. I look at each topic in American culture independently from everything else.

And you are being dramatic. You really think the “war on terror” is going to show up on your doorstep. All the while you’re fully entrenched in the ideological war that’s destroying our country? Wake up!!

Ohh, and don’t use the “they signed up for it” line. I did, they did, we did. But where we/they go is dependent on those that are elected into government and how they utilize our military. For far too long it’s been used and abused by both “sides”.
edit on 16-11-2020 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think people think you're in the top of above chart.

As you see, it's bad. It's a scientific looking chart.

All my joking aside, it is bad, it's also un-American. The middle part is good, or at least better.

Also, it should be noted the chart shows the bottom area is best. I prefer mid bottom, but there is a respectable range in there.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk everyone.

I've played this game before.

I'm somewhere in the middle of the green square.

I think she's in the top left corner.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

All my joking aside, it is bad, it's also un-American. The middle part is good, or at least better.

Also, it should be noted the chart shows the bottom area is best. I prefer mid bottom, but there is a respectable range in there.

With Pelosi lol

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
4 years and at the very end he lays the ground work... Ill cheer on Trump when action as actually taken. Obama had plans as well...

More talk and plans..

OP is right though.. Both dems and Republicans are guilty of being pro-war and push back every time.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
4 years and at the very end he lays the ground work... Ill cheer on Trump when action as actually taken. Obama had plans as well...

More talk and plans..

OP is right though.. Both dems and Republicans are guilty of being pro-war and push back every time.

Previous withdrawal plans were foiled by congress.

The military industrial complex is still alive and well.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

With Pelosi lol

That's who I was referring to.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
And here comes Syria as fast as Biden can get us there ...

So they'll come home and join the ones that officials lied to Trump about keeping in Syria.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: DBCowboy

DB...I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

I didn't know him...but if he called you friend...and vice-versa...I know he was a man of good character.

Two years ago our dog had pups.

Half Shepard half Labrador.

We were paying people to take them.

lolz

Allan and Dorice (his wife) came to look. They needed/wanted a service dog.

We paid to have his choice (Sam) trained to be a service dog for Allen.

Sam, after Allan had his heart attack, actually broke down the front door to alert people.

Sh#t.

Now I'm crying again.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I remember when congress blocked Obama’s attempt to invade Syria.

That was a good day.

It is tragic there will be a return to the Bush-Obama foreign policy should Trump lose.

I refuse to believe tens of millions of Americans want another Iraq.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Jesus.
I'm so sorry.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I tend to be somewhere in the LIbertarian Right square, closer to the line that divides authoritarian/libertarian than the bottom and in the middle of the axis of the end of the graph and the left/right line.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear about it, DB. We were so close to bringing them all home too so it wouldn't have to happen any more.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Really, what are we still doing there anyway? Didn’t Trump get a deal signed with the Taliban?

If the Taliban still needs to work sh*t out with the Afghan government, we don’t need to be there for that. We can’t force our beliefs on another culture and keep the threat of war alive if they don’t comply. It’s certainly sh*tty the way women are treated there, but guns and might aren’t going to change their viewpoints.

The same way Antifa dumbasses attacking Trump supporters isn’t going to change a damn thing but grow more contempt for the side being attacked.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My sincerest condolences man

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Jesus.
I'm so sorry.

The funny thing is, he loved drinking beer and bowling.

He couldn't stand very well TBI, so I'd help him bowl.

We laughed the past two years and drank massive amounts of scotch.

He was a man of honor.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Jesus.
I'm so sorry.

The funny thing is, he loved drinking beer and bowling.

He couldn't stand very well TBI, so I'd help him bowl.

We laughed the past two years and drank massive amounts of scotch.

He was a man of honor.

You've got good, strong memories from him.
He takes his of you...with him.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I've played this game before. I'm somewhere in the middle of the green square.

Not a bad spot to be.

Also, I think a lot of Americans tend to show up a little further on the left of the compass than they think. We have some pretty inherent beliefs that would make us look a little to the left of most of the world. We were one of the cavaliers for public education while also believing in personal responsibility and autonomy from the state. We were a nation of misfits who formed community.

And more to the topic, we used to hate imperialism, which is south and left on the chart.

Plenty of sensibility in that region. I think depending on the environment of the world, I float in and out of there and the right libertarian zone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join