It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump laying groundwork for full US troop withdrawal from Afghanistan before leaving office

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
And the elites in the Military-Industrial Complex are pissed. Loud applause from me Mr President.

Congressional Republicans on Monday slammed President Donald Trump’s plan for a swift reduction of U.S. troop presence in Afghanistan, warning that it would be a gift to America’s enemies and would undermine progress already made in the region.

“A rapid withdrawal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan now would hurt our allies and delight the people who wish us harm,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said bluntly.

Other Republicans agreed with McConnell on Monday.

“The concern would be it would turn into a Saigon-type of situation where it would fall very quickly and then our ability to conduct operations against terrorist elements in the region could be compromised,” Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said in a brief interview. “That’s my primary concern right now.”

Politico

Not just Republicans but the Dems as well. The House already voted this summer to constrain a precipitous pullout from Afghanistan as part of its version of the National Defense Authorization Act. The bill includes a provision authored by Reps. Jason Crow (D-Colo.) and Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) that would block Trump from reducing U.S. forces in Afghanistan

Already up to their sneaky moves.

I'll give praise to Trump on this, no hesitation, no fuss. Soldier on with your plans please, and while you're at it, maybe do some cuts around military aid to Israel and Saudi Arabia as well. He might as well try and push for something like this on the way out. He has nothing to lose and he'll gain a lot more support from average Americans.

How rich of Mitch to say we'd be delighting our enemies. As if we haven't already delighted them by being stuck there, pouring trillions in tax payer money, and lives? They live for the kind of attention we give them there. For *snip* sakes we're coming up to 20 years in Afghanistan alone. It's ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. We could be focusing on this countries infrastructure and defense so what gives??

+30 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

On Sunday I lost a great friend. A fellow vet who's transport was hit by an IED in Afghanistan. And ended up disabled.

He died of a heart attack, too ####ing soon.

Lets bring our people home, I'm tired of burying friends.

edit on 16-11-2020 by DBCowboy because: I drank all of Augustus's beer. . . come at me bro!

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Nice!

As long as we’ve gone in there, did what we had to do and aren’t leaving it a blown to bits sh*thole, there’s no way I’ll condemn Trump for this. We’ve been at this bullsh*t for far too long.

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Southern Guardian

On Sunday I lost a great friend. A fellow vet who's transport was hit by an IED in Afghanistan. And ended up disabled.

He died of a heart attack, too ####ing soon.

Lets bring our people home, I'm tired of burying friends.

Sorry to hear that, brother. My condolences to all who knew him.

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The President that was going to cause WWIII, launch nukes and get us into wars. Turns out to be the leader that is finally bringing our troops back to where they belong.

+34 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is exactly what the firings of the top Pentagon brass were about.

They were lying to him about troop levels and feeding his office false information. I hope they all fry for this.

Now that President Trump's people are in there calling the shots, # is finally getting done.

He's ending Bush/Obama/Biden wars.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Long past due, if you are not going to fight to win dont drag it out ruining so many lives.

22 a day is still a thing and its a shame the media and war mongers in DC forget that.

Yea yea I know vets are to small a voting block to worry about.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Me too.

14 soldiers in the last 8 years.

I'm tired of it.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
To be clear this pullout isn't a full one. It's something like a 1000 from one and 500 from another, leaving 2500 or so in each.

It's a talking point for him.

One which may very well leave remaining troops at higher risk with few personnel. Thus the pentagon push-back.

ETA: it's in article and is headline, just not in OP.
edit on 11162020 by Gnawledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Me too.

14 soldiers in the last 8 years.

I'm tired of it.

I'm driving to his Synagogue this weekend to pay my respects and make an offering in his name.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
To be clear this pullout isn't a full one. It's something like a 1000 from one and 500 from another, leaving 2500 or so in each.

One which may very well leave remaining troops at higher risk with few personnel. Thus the pentagon push-back.

He could cure cancer and people like you would be trying to tell us that leaves the gate open for even worse illnesses.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Send him mine.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So let's elect the guy who helped get us into all these foreign misadventures in the first place!

Because ORANGE MAN BAD! Way to go, OP.

/sarcastic clap

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

He could cure cancer and people like you would be trying to tell us that leaves the gate open for even worse illnesses.

If he were trying to cure cancer with bleach injections, yes.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Send him mine.

You got it.

His name is Allen.
edit on 16-11-2020 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Maybe so but he's right. I heard it on Hannity today.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

His name is Allen

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Unless he gets reelected we will back in there or one like it inside the next two years.Biden owes to many contractors favors and htey are ittching at the bit to drum up the business.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 16-11-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I fought in Iraq 3 times last time I was only 23, before Iraq I was in operation secure tomorrow barely 18 and these supposed leaders continue to use the “earning your meddle” in recruitment tactics, while at the time now pushing virtual learning as if our youth isn’t being able to think for themselves enough. F u c k that, give our youth a chance and end wars where we can. End the bs in America too!

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
To Marco Rubio, if it does become a Saigon-like ordeal, then it is clearly a lost cause.

If after 19 years the Afghan National Army and Police Forces cannot defeat the Taliban then it is evidently a futile endeavour and the people are not on the side of the US-backed forces.

The war should never have lasted this long to begin with. A shameful chapter in American history.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join