It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceX Launch of Crewed Dragon 11.15.20

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hello, ATS.

I can't believe no one else posted this monumental news. I just got home to witness the SpaceX crewed launch to the ISS after certification by NASA. The 4 man crew will be on the ISS for 6months. This marks a new era for human spaceflight in the US as we no longer have too depend on Russia for trips to the ISS; also a seat on SpaceX's Dragon is much cheaper by about 40million per seat!

Here's the live footage, although, the launch has already happened.

With the success of SpaceX you can be sure that there are other companies that are working to follow in the footsteps........Anyone as excited for the new day in Space exploration that is upon us as I am? What says ATS?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Hello, ATS.

I can't believe no one else posted this monumental news. I just got home to witness the SpaceX crewed launch to the ISS after certification by NASA. The 4 man crew will be on the ISS for 6months. This marks a new era for human spaceflight in the US as we no longer have too depend on Russia for trips to the ISS; also a seat on SpaceX's Dragon is much cheaper by about 40million per seat!

With the success of SpaceX you can be sure that there are other companies that are working to follow in the footsteps........Anyone as excited for the new day in Space exploration that is upon us as I am? What says ATS?

www.youtube.com...

This is the second launch with astronauts going to the ISS

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Hello, ATS.

www.youtube.com...

This is the second launch with astronauts going to the ISS

Yes, but it's the first flight after NASA certification.
edit on 15-11-2020 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I love it!

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Someone posted a thread about it a couple of days ago and I made one about SpaceX getting manned crew certified before that.

I feel like the first flight was the more historic mission.

Nice live view right now, thanks for posting it.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes! Here's tha actual launch:

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Yes, the first one is more historic but I think this flight is more SYMBOLIC. I think it represents the opening of Space to humanity in ways that we've never experienced. I think other companies see the success of SpaceX and will follow suit.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
That was beautiful! Thanks for posting a stream that was "rewindable" back to the beginning, for those of us who couldn't watch it live.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yes, the first one is more historic but I think this flight is more SYMBOLIC. I think it represents the opening of Space to humanity in ways that we've never experienced. I think other companies see the success of SpaceX and will follow suit.

I will agree with that.

Someone needs to get out there and mine something.

The first successful mining mission could start a gold rush, space race never seen before.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
That was beautiful! Thanks for posting a stream that was "rewindable" back to the beginning, for those of us who couldn't watch it live.

No problem.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I agree. The pieces are there for this to happen. It'll be like 1849 all over again but in Space.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Caught some pics thought I would share. Not bad for almost 200 miles south. And it was way brighter in person. Could see a flame like cone the camera couldn't see after it switched stages

edit on 11/15/2020 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

Thanks! Nothing like a real world view. It must've really been something to see it in person! I'm jealous. Lol!

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Taxi for Musk.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
We got to see the rocket shooting across the sky at launch last night from our driveway (Ft. Lauderdale). First time I ever witnessed something like that!

Man, think of the adrenaline pumping through your body during take off, or really, for that entire launch.

I felt silly last night as I had no clue the speeds they end up reaching. I honestly thought they capped out around 1000mph....and was I ever wrong! That’s insane!

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
We got to see the rocket shooting across the sky at launch last night from our driveway (Ft. Lauderdale). First time I ever witnessed something like that!

Man, think of the adrenaline pumping through your body during take off, or really, for that entire launch.

I felt silly last night as I had no clue the speeds they end up reaching. I honestly thought they capped out around 1000mph....and was I ever wrong! That’s insane!

What were the speed(s)?

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

What were the speed(s)?

Last speed I remember for sure was 24,000 kmph and climbing. 14,000-15,000 mph!

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Wow! That's fast in Earthly terms.

new topics

top topics

join