It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Visitors Banned From Yellowstone After Cooking Chickens in Hot Spring

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So, I aint going to lie. Just texted another cook buddy on this one. This book is a james beard award winner and I dont think I have seen any typos in it. But hell if that word doesn’t exist on the internet.

I would think it’s slang or something.

It says the “Flumagina” is

1 tbl butter (it says unsalted but that is always wrong)

1 small garlic clove

1/2 onion chopped

1 cup 2 or 4% cottage cheese

K. Salt

Blend until smooth. Then dollop.

So, yeah. No idea.
edit on 15-11-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Hmmm, well, at least it isn't cooked with mold.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Hey, I know it’s late but if you could text Nonna for me I would appreciate it. This is going to bug the hell out of me.
Thanx in advance.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

She said, 'Nessuna cosa del genere'.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

My closest guess right now is that the author meant friggione. Onion sauce.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

That would make sense.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Me and my friends are getting pretty heated over this. I am going to email the author to end this nightmare. This is dumb.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

They're lucky they didn't die. In that area of yellowstone, the ground can be as thin as only a few inches, below that is lava or boiling water heated by lava. I can't remember the exact number, but when i was down there they told us a non zero number greater than a few of people die every year there by falling through the ground into the molten # below.

You can literally watch steam blowing out of the ground, watch boiling rivers flowing. It's probably the coolest place i've ever been, but you don't wanna # around in the areas with the boiling rivers and underground lava rivers. You can literally disappear into the ground in a single step and be boiled alive.

There's signs everywhere in the area warning about this. Those people are lucky all they got was kicked out.
edit on 15/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Me and my friends are getting pretty heated over this. I am going to email the author to end this nightmare. This is dumb.

Chef stuff, other people won't get it.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Im pretty sure I found her on facebook and I just sent her a message asking her to clarify what the hell that is. Hopefully she still uses messenger and it’s the right person. If not, I will go through the publishing company.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

THIS. MUST. BE. ANSWERED.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Cooking a chicken in a hot spring? Sounds like something I would have done when I was younger. According to the information, the chicken was sealed in a cooking bag, I don't think that would be bad. But I suppose if they let this go, there would be parties out there in two years with hundreds of chickens being cooked in the hot springs a day, it would become a viral internet advertised party place for thousands of young people.

I think I would personally prefer corned beef and cabbage cooked in the hot spring.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Two cooking bags!

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Two cooking bags!

You would think they would have baby reds in another cooking bag or even the potatoes, carrots, and onions in the bag with the chicken to make a whole meal.

Yum...Hot spring stew.
edit on 15-11-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Oh dude, I found your recipe in my book. Rabbit stew with Flumagina. This is a recipe from a woman who grew up in montana but both her grandmothers were italian.

That means this woman could obviously hunt, cook, clean, complain and gossip like a champion.

Flumagina?!

Um, I'll juat divert myself back to the OP before delving any deeper into the flumagina.

I'm on the side of letting these guys off the hook, however, we don't really want thousands of Yellowstone visitors playing around by and cooking chickens in the hot springs. I can see why it would not be allowed, but if these guys are the worst offenders, that's definitely not so bad!

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I like the creativity. When I had my Yankees season tickets I would wrap up food in foil and stick it on the top of the engine manifold for the drive in so when we got the grill up and running the potatoes would be already par-cooked.

I didn't even have to go that far. Living in Vegas just put something up on the dash during the hot months(almost all of them) and it doesn't take long for solar heating to do the trick.
edit on 11/16/2020 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/16/2020 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
im showing my inner redneck here...but why did they get in any kind of trouble for this?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join