It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You’re looking at this wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Try reading the OP again. This isn’t about winning or losing. This is about why a large amount of people voted for Biden (or in fact, against Trump).

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

So this was never about Biden being better or more popular, it was about people not wanting Trump.

Which is to say that Biden is better and more popular than Trump. Just enough to win the election

We have a long hard road ahead of us - all of us. Biden didn't get his mandate. Trump didn't get his either

What this should tell reasonable people is that the problem isn't Trump or Biden, but how we view each other. I'm not sure how to fix that. Or, if we even can fix that. It would require some personal responsibility from people on both sides

Our need to own each other has won out over our need to respect each other

Golly. Something that we could at least pretend to do once upon a time is now something most people can't even imagine

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I found this article interesting. A new look on why some voted for Biden.

Biden won places that are thriving. Trump won ones that are hurting.

The parts of America that have seen strong job, population and economic growth in the past four years voted for Joe Biden, economic researchers found. In contrast, President Trump garnered his highest vote shares in counties that had some of the most sluggish job, population and economic growth during his term. www.msn.com...

I, personally, voted against Trump.

edit on 15-11-2020 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Why are you trying to make this thread about who’s winning? It’s not. It’s purely explaining how Biden got so many votes.

Seriously. Some of you need to come out of your bubbles and realise that moot everyone likes Trump, so voted for “Not Trump”.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
How likely is it that 1.1 million new voters registered in the last two years in the US?

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

What this should tell reasonable people is that the problem isn't Trump or Biden, but how we view each other.

People on all sides are very selfish. They mostly think of themselves and their own. It’s human nature.

I do agree though.
edit on 15112020 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I, personally, voted against Trump

This is what I’m saying. It wasn’t a vote FOR someone. It was a vote for a NOT someone.

(I’m not saying that’s a wrong thing either. Your vote your choice
)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
How likely is it that 1.1 million new voters registered in the last two years in the US?

I don’t know nor care. This thread isn’t about that either.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

People on all sides are very selfish. They mostly think of themselves and their own. It’s human nature.

It's also human nature to want to improve our lot in life. To be better and do better for each other

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

To be better and do better for each other

I would say partly and add this to the end of the above...

“...as long as it benefits me and mine”

That’s the world we live in, unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Why are you trying to make this thread about who’s winning? It’s not. It’s purely explaining how Biden got so many votes.

From the post you replied to:

You would have a hard time convincing me that many people voted against Trump.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: JinMI

I don’t know nor care. This thread isn’t about that either.

Id expect nothing less.

Like I said rationalizing the unrational.

Carry on then.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

It’s explained in the OP. People we’re voting for “Not Trump”.

Simple.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I, personally, voted against Trump

This is what I’m saying. It wasn’t a vote FOR someone. It was a vote for a NOT someone.

(I’m not saying that’s a wrong thing either. Your vote your choice
)

I want to be clear — I have said from the beginning Trump is not qualified (knowledge/experience) of politics (and everything that comes with the job) to be in the position of President of the USA.

He was/is a corporate raider and basically failed business man — with plenty of sleazy dealings.

If this was a hired job, instead of voted, he would have been fired for incompetence the first week.

IMO I’m voting out incompetence.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You came in here very sure of yourself and now you just want people to star and flag and post "I Agree"?

This is what happens when you create a thread... conversation (hopefully) happens... everyone read the OP... contrary to your tone, it's not that original of an idea and its been stated before. We get it.

Let the conversation happen.

link   

a reply to: visitedbythem

Try reading the OP again. This isn’t about winning or losing. This is about why a large amount of people voted for Biden (or in fact, against Trump).

So this was never about Biden being better or more popular, it was about people not wanting Trump.

GIGO

Its no where near 50/50. DNC got smoked. I suspect at least 60/40 which reflects approval of Trump, and I can hardly wait to reply to you all, once again in January

link   

That’s the world we live in, unfortunately.

Defeatist

It's our flaws that keep moving us forward. Chin up

ETA: It doesn't look good for any of us in this country right now. I get it, and I have my doubts. But, this country has been through rough patches before. I think we can get through this
edit on 11/15/2020 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Even if you take away the 1.1 million extra voters, it still leave a rather large number of For Biden/Not Trump voters.

Even if a case or 20 can prove 10 million votes are fraudulent, it still doesn’t take away that a large number didn't vote FOR Biden, but NOT Trump.

I hope that clarifies what I’ve said multiple times already.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Your reasonings are your own and you don’t have to justify them to anyone

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

It is almost as if it is being scripted.

I see posts where people say they would crawl through glass to support Trump, and others that say they would eat glass if it meant getting rid of Trump.

4 years later and we are back to an election of voting for elimination rather than for purpose.Trump being the cult leader this time, and Biden being the place card holder. The wheels turned but the bus hasn't gone anywhere.

What they fail to see is that anyone of merit, will not put their family or themselves through a 24 hour a day, four to eight year, Truman Show. Where there is little room for the truth, where a 5 second video clip, can be made to seem or say whatever the publisher wishes it to say, and where no matter how often it is outed as a lie, the masses will continue to attack them with it.

No one worth their salt, with an ounce of commonsense would put themselves or their family through that kind of insanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join