It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I found and connected with Christ Consciousness

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'd like to start off by making some clarifications on my personal beliefs.

I believe we can All tap into what many call the Christ Consciousness, others may have other names for it. I myself struggled to define this term my whole life, but due to recent experiences, I have found peace in this term.

I also believe Christ himself, he who once walked as Jesus, and many before him, will in fact return in the flesh as a simple man. And I believe the time is now.

Take what I say in stride, for I am truly a fool of fools, and I have veritably gone mad. If my Truth upsets you or disagrees with you, then let it be.

I've always been a curious child. I was raised catholic but never really got into religion; I had my own faith I'd been building.

I've always looked at God as All That Is; everything in existence within our universe and beyond is as his blood and his flesh.

And yet, I knew his 'Mind' was a very finite consciousness unit, and I always felt an urge to feel as he does.

We are in the early days of Creation.

God created all that we know in an attempt to express and define himself and answer the famous question "Who am I?", which is the natural follow up to "I Am!"

And so we are now in the days of God coming to Know Himself.

These concepts seem beyond our capacity to fully grasp, and yet there is one man who achieved this. One man who Knew God, and saw through his eyes. This man didn't seek to rule the world with his newly discovered profound knowledge, no. He didn't go Mad trying to make sense of it all and find his place within, he simply accepted it as such, and lived his life in absolute harmony with life, and dedicated it to sharing the Word of God. The ultimate sacrifice: to forego seeking pleasures of life in favor of sharing God's Will among his kind.

This man many know as Jesus, or by other names.

When I finally took it upon myself to breakdown the barrier of distrust I had cast over the teachings of the Catholic Church, and found quotes from Him, I broke down in tears. I could see my own Truth through his words, every single quote I came across. This man's words are as poetry for the soul.

I had finally found a way for me to attempt to understand how the mind of God worked, something I'd longed for dearly my entire life.

You see, I've always enjoyed talking to myself alone looking at the stars, pondering about God's thought process and how his consciousness processes emotions.

The moments I felt closer to God were when I was crying in a deep reflection talking to a mirror, or to the stars. But outside of these fleeting moments, I felt I could never really 'connect' to Him.

Then something happened. I won't go into detail about this event, but everything made sense to me. Then I went mad. But now I'm Ok. And that's literally thanks to Jesus. ^_^

So yeah, I stayed away from religion all my life in my quest for truth, but when I looked deep enough within my own Heart, with purest Intent, I saw Christ smile, and I felt God's comforting approval, and I knew I was Home.

I'll never walk alone again.

^_^

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

I believe you. As you recount your experience, as vague as it surely must be in the recounting, you demonstrate your profound alteration and in this I am glad to have read your post.

One thing though I would urge caution for you when you say

will in fact return in the flesh as a simple man. And I believe the time is now.

Caution because we know the scripture says that many will come and pretend. Myself, believing what you said in that quote, I found one of the pretenders and lost four years of my life to his cult.

Walk cautiously friend and trust in your own mind. Listen to others but don't believe. You have found your starting point.

Again, I am happy to have read your recount.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Beautiful.

It's inspiring to hear you share this.

It's life-changing the way faith can grow. May all who seek, find.

May God guide you in all your plans,
In all your dreams, in all you wish
To happen in your life. God bless.

edit on 15-11-2020 by dffrntkndfnml because: spelling

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86

I believe we can All tap into what many call the Christ Consciousness, others may have other names for it. I myself struggled to define this term my whole life, but due to recent experiences, I have found peace in this term.

I also believe Christ himself, he who once walked as Jesus, and many before him, will in fact return in the flesh as a simple man. And I believe the time is now.

Take what I say in stride, for I am truly a fool of fools, and I have veritably gone mad. If my Truth upsets you or disagrees with you, then let it be.

I've always been a curious child. I was raised catholic but never really got into religion; I had my own faith I'd been building.

I've always looked at God as All That Is; everything in existence within our universe and beyond is as his blood and his flesh.

And yet, I knew his 'Mind' was a very finite consciousness unit, and I always felt an urge to feel as he does.

God created all that we know in an attempt to express and define himself and answer the famous question "Who am I?", which is the natural follow up to "I Am!"

These concepts seem beyond our capacity to fully grasp, and yet there is one man who achieved this. One man who Knew God, and saw through his eyes. This man didn't seek to rule the world with his newly discovered profound knowledge, no. He didn't go Mad trying to make sense of it all and find his place within, he simply accepted it as such, and lived his life in absolute harmony with life, and dedicated it to sharing the Word of God. The ultimate sacrifice: to forego seeking pleasures of life in favor of sharing God's Will among his kind.

When I finally took it upon myself to breakdown the barrier of distrust I had cast over the teachings of the Catholic Church, and found quotes from Him, I broke down in tears. I could see my own Truth through his words, every single quote I came across. This man's words are as poetry for the soul.

I had finally found a way for me to attempt to understand how the mind of God worked, something I'd longed for dearly my entire life.

You see, I've always enjoyed talking to myself alone looking at the stars, pondering about God's thought process and how his consciousness processes emotions.

The moments I felt closer to God were when I was crying in a deep reflection talking to a mirror, or to the stars. But outside of these fleeting moments, I felt I could never really 'connect' to Him.

Then something happened. I won't go into detail about this event, but everything made sense to me. Then I went mad. But now I'm Ok. And that's literally thanks to Jesus. ^_^

So yeah, I stayed away from religion all my life in my quest for truth, but when I looked deep enough within my own Heart, with purest Intent, I saw Christ smile, and I felt God's comforting approval, and I knew I was Home.

^_^

You were never alone.....βœŒοΈπŸ˜‰πŸ™

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

What? He re-enacted the expectations people had waiting for a messiah. He declared himself God. He absolutely wanted to rule. He was definitely no stranger to pleasure.
I very much disagree.

Jesus, if anything is a cautionary tale. He went looking that's true, he found God probably, he had a quite decent run a while and said some smart things, nothing original or "new", but not bad.
And then he lost the plot, delusion of grandeur, violence, put himself above everybody and obviously God didn't approve so he died a horrible death.

That's not the path to follow.

And I know spiritual pain, I know the feeling of love that comes when it gets too much to handle, that's your brain not God. It's a system built for survival it has a lot of fancy mechanisms to keep you going and that's the same chemical it gives you if you're about to die, not love not God. The D with the M and the T.

The truth is not as simple as "Christ Consciousness", if that would work if it were that easy, everybody would be doing it and the world wouldn't be such a #show.

Take Terry's advice

don't believe

that's solid advice, the best possible advice.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Eh Peeple, perhaps you need to get to know Christ better?Everyone is at their own point in that relationship, there is a truth there in the scriptures that words don't do justice. It's a most personal thing.

For what it's worth, it took looking everywhere and anywhere I could find to better appreciate what is standing behind the message of the prophets.

edit on 15-11-2020 by dffrntkndfnml because: clarity

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I believe you. As you recount your experience, as vague as it surely must be in the recounting, you demonstrate your profound alteration and in this I am glad to have read your post.

One thing though I would urge caution for you when you say

will in fact return in the flesh as a simple man. And I believe the time is now.

Caution because we know the scripture says that many will come and pretend. Myself, believing what you said in that quote, I found one of the pretenders and lost four years of my life to his cult.

Walk cautiously friend and trust in your own mind. Listen to others but don't believe. You have found your starting point.

Again, I am happy to have read your recount.

Peace.

you had to bring Trump into it

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

Jesus is dead. A dead man.

I'm more interested in the truth than comforting lies.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm sorry you feel that way.

I feel reluctant to drift off-topic. When attempting to take away from another's faith, I question what one has in mind to replace it with.

It's good to listen when other's share the spiritual side of their faith, it gives one a better idea of the faith we live as opposed to words on a page...

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing.

I'm on my own path re-connecting with Christ. Up until about 17/18 I was a Catholic, not church every Sunday but that's how I identified.

I then started listening to heavy metal and hung around some people who made me question my beliefs and explore other paths. I've explored the old religions of other cultures (Egyptian, Greek, Norse) had a look at Buddhism and Islam.

In the end, in my heart of hearts I still believe in and feel the spirit of the Christ and the almighty father although now in a non-denominational sense.

Have delved a little in to Gnosticism and am keen to learn more...I think after all of my exploration I'm now something like an esoteric Christian as I see similarities and direct correspondences in other religions and spiritualities.

I do not think I will attend church again as, I consider myself non-denominational but more importantly- no priest, institution or doctrine is the gatekeeper to my relationship with the Christ and almighty father.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

The Greatest Church in my mind is when two or more people take time out of their day to sit down and share their truths.

Mightier the moment than any Cathedral or Mosque can carry.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

don't believe

A number of years ago I was reading someone's post, here, maybe somewhere else. This poster was telling readers about himself. He listed a long set of things he believed in. A long list.

I began to think that this might be, not just a list for readers to grasp who he was but more, that possibly this was how this person defined himself TO himself. Defining and constructing himself by all the things he believed.

This gave me pause. I juxtaposed my notion of this poster with my own limited awareness of my own consciousness and found that yes, I did that as well. I had built up a structure of belief within which to live. To perceive and evaluate all information that came to me. Hmmmm.

Beliefs are greedy things, they draw other beliefs to them like magnets. Beliefs co-mingle within us and sooner or later congeal into ''belief systems''. These belief systems then act like prisons for our thoughts and indeed for our entire consciousnesses. They will not let us leave. They are prisons.

I looked at Muslim vest bombers and I looked a Christian zealots. Both had one major thing in common. Belief. Belief of course in very very different colored belief systems, yet systems that were oh so similar. Belief was absolutely necessary to make both of them work. And fight and kill.

Being an old man now, I decided to try to dismantle my belief system. To stop believing. And that was a lesson from my younger years when I was caught up with that cult, the Moonies. I believed certain things to be true, I had developed my own belief system and then upon meeting the Moonies found that their belief system was similar. So in practice, I adopted that belief system because it promised me more things to believe in, even though at first blush I found numerous things that i found hard to swallow.

So I tried. Hard. I watched others around me accept what they were asked to believe much more easily than it seemed tome. Finally there were a couple of pills that were just to much to take in and I managed my own escape from the cult, though to tell the truth, the remnants of those beliefs lingered for years, nay, decades.

Sorry for going on so long with this narrative but I'm trying to think some things out for myself as well. I think that there is a difference between thinking and belief. It's hard to parse them because thoughts that we think can so easily turn into beliefs once we get used to them.

Now, I try to at least not add to my own set of beliefs, that is not build my own prison walls thicker. Now I try to only think and think to a degree that those older beliefs are at least diminished in their power to keep me from thinking clearly.
I think that ''thinking about something is better for me than believing in something. In a way it stops short of being a belief.

Somehow and don't ask me how I think this as I am only thinking it and I admit that my thinking can be and often is, not as correct as I wish it to be. I would keep on with this Peep but now I find myself thinking and typing in circles so I will cut off this run of words. I"m just thinking thas all.

edit on 30America/ChicagoSun, 15 Nov 2020 15:51:28 -0600Sun, 15 Nov 2020 15:51:28 -060020112020-11-15T15:51:28-06:00300000051 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

The Greatest Church in my mind is when two or more people take time out of their day to sit down and share their truths.

Mightier the moment than any Cathedral or Mosque can carry.

I love it and completely agree.

Any human or institution claiming to be the gatekeeper through whom you must pass to have a relationship with the divine is in my mind heretical.

I also believe the Christ consciousness is not specific to Jesus but attainable by all whom seek it. He is perhaps the most recent example (we know of) who attained this. Prior to him, likely Hermes Trismegestus.

I'm a strong believer in the link between Hermeticism and Christianity.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I had an experience completely different but with a similar outcome
I found Christ consciousness when I stopped focusing on myself, loving and caring for others
Controlling my own anger and judgement, feeding people who needs food, visiting lonely people and just trying to love

When I started living exestentially the fruit of the Spirit

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
The truth is not as simple as "Christ Consciousness", if that would work if it were that easy, everybody would be doing it and the world wouldn't be such a #show.

So you are saying that loving the unloveable
Forgiving your enemy
Having faith while living in this broken world
Placing others first
Is easy, hmm

Not sure what this Christ consciousness is but I don’t think it is what people think it is

Biblical, the fruit of the Spirit is true Christ Consciousness
Not saying others opinion is wrong, just not biblical
But the fruit of the Spirit is
love,
joy,
peace,
patience,
kindness,
goodness,
faithfulness,
gentleness,
and self-control

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What you feel etc.... you have been reborn. Your sins are forgiven.

You surrendered to the Trinity.

Welcome to the family.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I agree that it is not biblical nor tied to any particular religion

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I know first-hand that the connection with our Almighty Father is a difficult one, hard to find and also kinda easy to lose it when we're not careful. With that said, I'd congratulate and urge you to never stop seeking Him, because He will answer in due time. God even will push you to keep looking for him. Persistence and patience are of essence in this journey.

Thanks for sharing and wish you the best!

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

^_^

Nice retelling of your journey. Keep it up. God Bless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join