It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flouride causes cavities... so why push it on us?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Flouride actually CAUSES cavities...
flouridation of water increases cavities this is a link from "medical news today"...

so why do dentists and our government try to force it down our throats at every opportunity?
I can understand the scam that dentists would want to partake in, but what about the government... they have been floridating our drinking water for many decades.

Flouride is a toxin, and shouldn't even be ingested... so why do they risk our lives for the lie of flouride?

Is this some method to soften our minds with poisons, to make us easier to control?
a dastardly plot to rot everyones teeth...
or just a mistake by our well meaning government?

the facts are out... children in areas with floridated water have a significantly higher incidence of cavities than children in areas that dont floridate water...
some places as much as double the cavitys just from floride in the water...

Please... anyone have any facts as to why they would want to toxify us with floride?
or why floride is in our drinking water...
the excuse of teeth protection is FLAT WRONG... so whats up wit that?

[edit on 17-3-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Fluoride is used to harden your teeth. And, yes it is toxic. I think fluoride is the waste that is left over from making aluminum. Im not really sure but I will look into it also. Hopefully someone will post that knows for sure.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
hardening teeth...
Hummm
I would think that would make them more resistant to cavities...
not less...
but the facts don't lie...

much more cavities per child in cities that floridate the water...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
actually ... they use aluminum to take the feces and other crap out of the water... it causes it to float.. (or sink) not sure which (I forget) ... Ummm... I know flouride causes your legaments to crystalize and your bones and teeth to harden as well as problems with your liver, kidneys, respiratory system, and brain function ..

The problem is.. your joints and bones aren't supposed to be hardened.. (unnaturally that is) .... the reason why children don't get hurt when they're young is because their bones are still somewhat soft... therefore the bones just kinda bend... (which is better) ... so all in all, it's a stupid solution to a big problem .. SURE it works.... but the problems it creates are far worse than the problem itself...

and using aluminum to seperate the "bad" from the "good" isn't a good idea either IMO (In my opinion) .. we're humans.. can't we find SMARTER less deadly ways to do things? ...

How do we stop a war.. umm Kill people.. that'll stop it.. (idiots)
How do we clean water... adding substances and elements that destroy life on a microbial scale.. boy we're smart..

I'd have to say humans have the biggest element of surprise and misdirection .. Surprise we're really not the most intelligent thing on the planet... so hey look over there while we dump stuff in your water to kill the bad little particles floating around... uh wait.. what about the small little particles floating around in our body ? .. .

This thread/topic has been done before though .. I suggest digging it up and checking some of its references..

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
actually, i used our wonderful search engine and did not find any threads dealing with this newly released study of "floride actually causing more cavities..."

i did find a few dealing with "is floride for our teeth, or the way the NWO will control us...
not the same thing... in those, they still thought floride was good for teeth...
that is the focus of this thread... it is now proven that it is bad for teeth... so what is it good for? killing us slowly by the evidence so far...

Now that we know that Floride in water actual contributes to a greater incidence of cavities... why do they do it?

dnero, from your evidence, it seems to be a very bad thing... that does NOTHING good... (hardening teeth doesn't seem to make them resistant to cavities)
so I want to know... does Haliburton own a floride factory? (just kidding, dont flame)

really though... I have seen some links that suggest that it can be used for mind control... but those were suspect (rense)... i would like to see what the science journals say, or scientists... but i wont discount anything, until I see some more info...
any dentists out there?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

Now that we know that Floride in water actual contributes toa greater incidence of cavities... why do they do it?

so I want to know... does Haliburton own a floride factory? (just kidding, dont flame)

Good find Laz, and good question.

Very much of what industry puts in our world is proven dangerous, deadly or linked to chronic debilitation. In every case that I've researched, the "reason" for inaction had to do with protecting a specific large company's profits under the guise of 'protecting the economy.'

I will look around and see what I can find.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Okay - this appears to be a real issue.

Flouride alert has a lot of links - here are a few. Articles linked at www.fluoridealert.org... :

New Jersey Statewide Fluoridation Mandate Threat! - New Jersey Citizens Opposing Forced Fluoridation, February 24, 2005

Death by Fluoride - Sally Stride March 2005

Toxic chemicals: the case against fluoride - Dr. Mark Diesendorf, January/February 2005

Skeletal fluorosis in the U.S. - FAN Science Watch January 27, 2005

Review: The Fluoride Deception - Natural Resources Defense Council newsletter "On Earth" Fall 2004

Is Fluoride Really All that Safe? - Chemical & Engineering News, August 16, 2004

Did you know? flouride

* The vast majority of western Europe has rejected water fluoridation.

* The fluoride chemical added to water is an unprocessed, industrial waste-product from the pollution scrubbers of the phosphate fertilizer industry.

* A growing body of evidence indicates that water fluoridation is both ineffective and unnecessary.

* Fluoride's 'benefits' are primarily topical, not systemic. Thus, there is no need to swallow fluoride.

* Two-thirds of US communities, when given the chance to vote, have voted against fluoridation. Over 60 US communities have rejected water fluoridation since 1999.

* Excessive exposure to fluoride has been linked to health problems, including arthritis, hip fracture, hypothyroidism, cancer, male reproductive problems, and brain disorders.

* Children are receiving an excess of fluoride today, not a "deficiency". There is a need to reduce, not increase, current exposures.

* As a result of excess exposure to fluoride, near-epidemic numbers of children are developing dental fluorosis (a poisoning of tooth-forming cells).

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Is there a flouride filter I can install, or use?

We are using the Britta filters, (charcoal) but it doesn't filter flouride.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Floride also has an impact on your brain. Seeps in through pours in your gums to nerve endings that are located in your Skull and enters the brain.

The Effect is a slow dumbing down of the individual.

(One of the reasons they are constantly having to LOWER passing qualifications in schools - look at an 8th grade test from the mid 1800's and compare it to one today)

So, Why would they want to get it out of the water?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
While all the dangers mentioned about fluoride in this topic are true, this is only if one injests a large amount of it. The amount of fluoride that is present in most drinking water is fairly low. If you are so worried about fluoride then I imagine you don't use toothpaste. If you look on the back of essentialy any commercialy available toothpaste tube, you will see that it contains sodium fluoride (thus why you shouldn't swallow the toothpaste). In my opinion the small amount of fluoride in some drinking water isn't that bad.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Crazy Chemist
The type of fluoride used as a water additive, and the type in toothpaste, are two different types. As has been said, the water treatment fluoride is an industrial waste product, a hyrdasillicate if i remember correctly. It's dangerous because it accumulates, like most toxic substances, and because the form of the additive is unnatural, the body can't process it like it can naturally occuring Sodium Fluoride.

The human body can metabolize a lot of things..industrial waste is not one of those things.

Hawaii just passed a law banning the review of water fluoridation, meaning the people down there no longer have a choice as to the chemical additives placed in their water. If I lived there, I'd be packing up my things and moving the hell out.

I don't drink water anymore. I find my 6 litre a day caffeine infused donkey urine habit does the trick to keep me hydrated, without the nasty brain-numbing side effects.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I don't see where in the article it says the fluoride that is intentionaly added to water comes from industrial waste...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I wasn't talking about the article specifically, but here's another link for you to sink your fluoridated teeth into.

web.ask.com...

Way more than you ever wanted to know about fluoride.

A higlight: No ingested fluoride product has ever been approved by the FDA. Only topicals.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
While the two links are informative, they seem to both be rather biased (given the organizations that own them). I'm not neccesarily a proponent of fluoridation of our drinking water, but it just seems like there are a lot of knee jerk reactions to this issue.

If in fact the fluoride in our drinking water comes from the scrubbers of smoke stacks then I'm definately against that. The fluoridated water probably isn't needed given the prevalence of it in toothpaste and other foods/drinks, especialy (again) if it is from phophate byproduct waste. I never knew that part of it, so I guess I'm still surprised by it.

Very interesting topic here.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If fluoridated drinking water concerns you enough to do something about it, there are alternative systems you can buy that do a good job of cleaning the nasty stuff out of your water. You can choose the less effective method - a reverse osmosis drinking water system, or you can choose to purchase a distillation unit for your home. RO systems remove 85% or so of fluoride (along with many other contaminants). Distiller units remove 99% of fluoride from water (along with with many other contaminants). The output of distillers is much less than RO systems because they are much more effective at eliminating contaminants from your water.

Please note that both methods for fluoride removal are costly.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
If fluoridated drinking water concerns you enough to do something about it, there are alternative systems you can buy that do a good job of cleaning the nasty stuff out of your water.

Please note that both methods for fluoride removal are costly.

Interesting. We pay to put flouride into our water (thru taxes) then pay out of pocket to take it out.

...We also pay for food processing that removes nutrition from good food, then pay out of pocket for supplements to get the vitamins and minerals back.

Looks like a pattern.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Bangin: thanks for the info...
I still wonder why we should have to buy these units though...
Flouride in the water doesn't do the one thing that it is supposed to do...
prevent tooth decay... it actually causes more from the new study done...

I am unsure of the related articles, but the original article that i listed is by a med journal that does not have any reason to bias the info...
in fact... being as it is a "med journal" i am surprised they released the info...

everyone else... good info...

thanks for the links and the research...
sofi: thanks again
wyrdeone: too cool, thanks

Flouride apparently doesn't do anything good for us...
it can cause brain defenciencys
it can cause bone and joint problems...
it can harden the bones, but is that a good thing?

I am extremely concerned with the cumulative buildup effect... since it seems to accumulate in joints and bones... so it doesn't get processed, it gets stored... and a little over a long time can buildup to toxic levels...

with what i can tell, the effects of it , are like premature ageing
anyone know why ANYONE would want to cause those things?

it is very interesting that the FDA hasn't approved flouride for ingestion, but it is routine to add it to our drinking water...

my thinking is this
worse case scenario: it is being used with full knowledge of what it does and doesn't do... in which case, they will continue to add it to water, and come up with more reasons why it is "helpful"

best case scenario: they were wrong, but had good intentions... and now that this new study has proven that it causes more harm than good, they will discontinue the use of it.

i am very interested to see what they will do now since it is more or less government sponsored poisoning of the populace...

I really hope they just didn't know... otherwise...

anyone know who supplies the floride for water treatment?
I say this somewhat jokingly... but if i find out it is Carlyle Group, i will poo a puppy...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

I am extremely concerned with the cumulative buildup effect... since it seems to accumulate in joints and bones... so it doesn't get processed, it gets stored... and a little over a long time can buildup to toxic levels...

with what i can tell, the effects of it , are like premature ageing
anyone know why ANYONE would want to cause those things?

it is very interesting that the FDA hasn't approved flouride for ingestion, but it is routine to add it to our drinking water...

i am very interested to see what they will do now since it is more or less government sponsored poisoning of the populace...

I really hope they just didn't know... otherwise...

This info has been out a long time - plus our world is FULL of similar things with similar effects. ....Who knows? Maybe it was part of a population control or reduction program. If it was, it has backfired - what's happening is all kinds of people are becoming debilitated and disabled by their 40's and 50's. Ooops. So guess why they keep raising the retirement age and are revamping 'Social Security'?

anyone know who supplies the floride for water treatment?
I say this somewhat jokingly... but if i find out it is Carlyle Group, i will poo a puppy...

Sorry - had a link for Dow Chemical that didn't make it in above. ...It's not definitive, but points in the right direction.

Dow Chemical has a sulfuryl flouride plant. I don't know if byproducts are used for water flouridation - they may be, probably are.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I agree with both of you. We shouldn't have to resort to such methods to simply drink pure, clean water. Lots of aquarists have purchased these systems because certain fish species (South American, Marine..etc) cannot survive in dechlorinated tap water. I wonder if any of those people use it for drinking. I purchase 10 gallons of R/O water every two weeks from my local fish store to maintain a healthy aquarium for my rummynose tetras. Perhaps I should give the R/O water a taste the next time I do a water change.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Flouride in water was first used in the Stalin era concentration camps to keep the prisoners in a submissive state.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join